Back to Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 by University of Toronto

Never in the history of humanity have so many people been feeling intense anxiety related to COVID-19 and the world it will leave in its wake. The intent of this course is to give you a deeper understanding of the anxiety reaction as it relates to various aspects of our current life, ranging from our consumption of news to the way we talk to our children about this. I will also give you clear strategies for managing and, in fact, turning off the anxiety response at least for short periods. My sincere hope is that you will leave this course with a better understanding of how your brain reacts to crises, along with some powerful tools for managing it before it manages you. In this course we will cover: 1.1 Introduction and Overview 1.2 Understanding the Anxiety Response 1.3 The Necessity of Strategies to Manage Anxiety 1.4 Achieving Relaxation: A Skill We All Need to Learn Now 2.1 Why Watching the News is Addicting and How to Manage Your Consumption 2.2 The Critical Art of Mental Distraction to Crowd Out Stressors 2.3 How We Think About Physical Distancing and Explaining it to Our Children 3.1 The Effects of Isolation 3.2 Some Strategies to Make Isolation More Tolerable 3.3 The Importance of Social Connection in a Physical Distancing World 4.1 The Need to Guard Against Depression: The Importance of Control 4.2 Bring it Together: Practice Makes Proficient 4.3 Invitation to Suggest Additional Videos...

AM

Jul 17, 2020

So grateful that a course like this exists. I found the information that was presented easy to understand and in such a way that small changes to my daily routine seem manageable. Thank you very much!

VS

Jul 19, 2020

The course is very insightful. The topics were carefully and simply taught by Prof. Joordens. It's easy to understand and has helped a lot in understanding how our minds work esp during this pandemic.

351 - 375 of 2,453 Reviews for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

By Tonya P

May 4, 2021

This course is a much-needed course during the current pandemic. It is a true help for those who have anxiety, but even more so knowing to change the way we think about physical distancing instead of social distancing.

By Terry G

Nov 2, 2020

I found this course to be helpful in understanding the basics of anxiety related to the current pandemic and some actions and strategies that can be used to build and maintain mental wellness and connection. Thank you!

By Kirti P

Jul 24, 2021

This was a very supportive and optimistic course on mental health. It's not just applicable for during COVID-19, but consists of many valid points to follow even post COVID-19 and in future. Thank you for this course.

By Jose G P J

Feb 2, 2021

simple, direct and i highly recommend this to everyone in pandemic and non-pandemic, this is all about knowing yourself. Internalization is a very powerful tool to help yourself nad others to propel or move forward...

By Jose M P

Jun 27, 2020

Great! This course was very helpful in my work as a school physician, many of my clients (teaching and non-teaching staff) have been asking me about coping mechanisms and management of stress brough about by covid-19.

By Rocío M M N

Aug 22, 2020

Thanks to the professor! Incredible experience and it helped me so much with my anxiety and to understand so many things that now are so helpful. Lots of greetings from South America (Chile), take care and stay safe!

By JEVWEGAGA H

Jul 29, 2020

The lecture on Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health during COVID-19 by Professor Steve Joordens is very rich and educative. I enjoyed every bit of the lecture because it is quite relatable and impactful. Thanks!

By Paulina S P A

Feb 14, 2021

Very helpful and interesting course. A little Short but to the point!. Thank you for sharing your knowledge professor Steve. All the best guys!. Stay safe, healthy and do not forget to connect with your loved ones.

By Farhan v

Aug 30, 2020

This course is really very helpful for all of us because as this moment we all are struggle and have some anxiety and stress due to COVID-19. This course will help me to control my stress and anxiety due to COVID-19

By Kalgi B

Jun 17, 2020

It had such a positive impact on me. Thank you so much Dr. Steve Joordens for sharing all your thoughts about mind control. This will be very helpful to me and for sure the beach is going to be my favorite word too.

By Wendy W

Oct 20, 2020

I personally think that this course was very instructive and practical in how I can deal with my anxiety in COVID-19. I feel anxious sometimes and doing this course will me to manage me better. Thank you very much!

By anjum n

Oct 3, 2020

thank you for this very useful course which Professor Steve made so pleasant and smooth.I can gauge my self ,before and after the course,to observe myself a better human being.Thank you Professor Steve & Coursera.

By SARITA P

Jun 15, 2020

I am very much relaxed after attending this online course. It is really beneficial for all of us who are not able to give a right direction or structure to our mind and body during this COVID-19 lockdown situation.

By Alyncito R

Apr 13, 2021

Steve, thank you for this course, my daughter and I enjoyed it greatly, we are already implementing some of your recommendations. Can’t wait to sign for more courses. P.S we were unable to find your email address.

By Assanatul L H

Nov 30, 2020

I'm glad I could take this course. This course is very helpful for us especially in this pandemic situation where everything feels uncertain and we easily get anxious. Stay safe everyone, we can go through this :)

By Wendy H

Oct 16, 2020

Prof Joordens is interesting, funny, encouraging, and helpful. I would love to take another course taught by him (maybe about depression?). Thanks for some new ‘tools’ to help in dealing with the anxiety of Covid.

By GABRIELA A P

Aug 6, 2020

Very simple, easy to understand course with helpful hints on how to manage your anxiety and mental health during this COVID-19 crisis!. Thank you very much to Steve Joordens, for taking the time to help everyone!

By Katlego R

Jul 27, 2020

Thank you Coursera I have really learnt something valuable that will help me in my education; future career; life in general. I also discovered something about myself that I did not know I have before this course.

By Antonina N

This is very helpful course. It helped me to understend influens of isolation on mental Health. Also to understand how important is social contact with family members, friends and people who live alone. Thank You.

By Ekaterina N

Jun 1, 2020

The course helped me to analyze my behavior and attitude towards my life during the epidemic of Kovid 19. I will share this information with my friends. Thank You very much for your course! With love from Russia!

By Joanne A

Jun 8, 2022

T​his course taught me how to control my thinking and not feel so isolated. it taught, mindfulness and techneques to help control stress and anxeiety. It was well lectured and extremly intersting.. T​hank you

By Kairin O

Dec 18, 2020

Thank you! The course was the best I have ever heard. I enjoyed every word you said! I feel so privileged to get this knowledge to my further life situations. So simple, yet having so much meaningful and useful.

By Rebeca G

Oct 25, 2020

It is so important to feel well specially in this period of isolation, as Steve says...It is just Physical isolation not Social isolation...so contact to others, specially with the people you think they needed..

By Jasmine N A

Aug 2, 2020

This course really helps me to manage my mind and mental during isolation of COVID-19. Also big thanks to Professor Steve Joordens who explained the topics in a good and simple way, the course was understandable

By Dr P M S

Jun 20, 2020

I liked the purpose of this course and also its dedication to the staff working behind scenes at these difficult times. Thanks Steve. Lot of it I could relate to myself and my my family life. Pretty useful tips.