Back to Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 by University of Toronto

Never in the history of humanity have so many people been feeling intense anxiety related to COVID-19 and the world it will leave in its wake. The intent of this course is to give you a deeper understanding of the anxiety reaction as it relates to various aspects of our current life, ranging from our consumption of news to the way we talk to our children about this. I will also give you clear strategies for managing and, in fact, turning off the anxiety response at least for short periods. My sincere hope is that you will leave this course with a better understanding of how your brain reacts to crises, along with some powerful tools for managing it before it manages you. In this course we will cover: 1.1 Introduction and Overview 1.2 Understanding the Anxiety Response 1.3 The Necessity of Strategies to Manage Anxiety 1.4 Achieving Relaxation: A Skill We All Need to Learn Now 2.1 Why Watching the News is Addicting and How to Manage Your Consumption 2.2 The Critical Art of Mental Distraction to Crowd Out Stressors 2.3 How We Think About Physical Distancing and Explaining it to Our Children 3.1 The Effects of Isolation 3.2 Some Strategies to Make Isolation More Tolerable 3.3 The Importance of Social Connection in a Physical Distancing World 4.1 The Need to Guard Against Depression: The Importance of Control 4.2 Bring it Together: Practice Makes Proficient 4.3 Invitation to Suggest Additional Videos...

AM

Jul 17, 2020

So grateful that a course like this exists. I found the information that was presented easy to understand and in such a way that small changes to my daily routine seem manageable. Thank you very much!

VS

Jul 19, 2020

The course is very insightful. The topics were carefully and simply taught by Prof. Joordens. It's easy to understand and has helped a lot in understanding how our minds work esp during this pandemic.

326 - 350 of 2,453 Reviews for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

By Gutierrez

Aug 20, 2020

Hi, It's the first time that I pay for an online certification, and it was a really great training ! I just would like to have more information about stress (corstisol, adrenaline...)

Thank you and see you next time !

Christophe

By Yukiko M

Aug 12, 2020

This course has lots of information which I really wanted to have as educator for children. It helps myself and students who are facing this pandemic. I would like to share what I learn here to my students. Thank you so much!

By Ifyani M

Aug 12, 2020

This course provides useful information for managing anxiety especially now during COVID19, through simple strategies with examples and even a simple demonstration of how to do a relaxation, very practical. Thank you for this.

By Rolando R

Jul 20, 2020

I feel this course was put together not only with a true interest in all of us and our current stresses but with a kind soul that value just doing the right thing... for that, my utmost appreciation to our leader of this pack.

By Denis P

Jun 25, 2020

Excellent insight in Psychology for oneself. Even though I stopped it during the beginning, I was actually doing things the instructor was saying once I resumed the course and it help for having notes for future ref, Great Job

By Anita H

Oct 28, 2020

This is a quick, helpful, easily accessible course that helps students deal with day to day stressors. I highly recommend this class for all who seek practical information to deal with the realities of life in Covid-19 times.

By Yash J D

Jul 22, 2020

This course exceeded my expectations. I have been looking out for courses that can help me manage my anxiety during this pandemic, and I am really happy I spent my time completing this course!

Thank you for the amazing course!

By Connie A M

Sep 30, 2020

Good practical information on mental and behaviorial practices during covid. Instructor very personable, supportive and easy to understand. Presented info and activities pertinent and helpful for everyday life. Thank you!

By Mayan K S

Sep 27, 2020

The course brings a whole new concept of preparing yourself for the tough times of pandemic and the precise content not only helps you with strengthening your mind but also teaches you the need for empathy. Loved the course.

By Saharat S

Aug 12, 2020

This course make me understand my life better and teach me how to deal with this coronavirus situation with some knowledge from psychology. It's very uselful to take this course. Thank you for giving resourceful information.

By Arji B

Jul 26, 2020

very nice and optimistic course which have provided an awareness and a very good supportive and relaxation during this period of hard time.Nice course every individual needs to know about this during the conditions like this

By Vidyaprabha W

Jun 18, 2020

This course is very helpful for the present scenario to learn how to keep ourselves mentally calm. There are cases of Suicide as well due to panic condition. Can avoid such situations to some extend if we take care. Thankyou

By KESHAB K

Oct 26, 2020

It was really an excellent course and I would rather encourage others to enroll in this course and learn something from here regarding ways to effectively manage stress and increasing anxiety levels at the time of lockdown.

By Cristina M

Jun 15, 2020

it's been helpful to have a brief study and awareness of mental health especially nowadays that we have pandemic going on. I wish there will be more courses related to whats happening around the world in different aspects.

By Lisnamol J

Jul 20, 2020

It was fantastic

It helped me to understand the difference between anxiety and depression..

Also the difference between physical distance and social distance..

The importance of deep emotional conversatios

By Daniella M K

Jun 2, 2021

it was a really great course, thank you so much Prof... i've got so many new insight and i just realized that mental health and anxiety are really important for human's mind.. thank you so much and keep up the good work..

By BISRIJA R K

Sep 27, 2020

Thank you very much for your providing course.if IAM very happy.this courses provide a many knowledge.today our society facing in main problem is covid 19 .but when this problem solved in answer available in this courses.

By Bernice B

Jul 16, 2020

I enjoyed the course quite a lot. It got me to evaluate what was going on in my life presently. It gave me ideas on how to improve my schedule. I think it has lessen my anxiety by adding or subtracting to my lifestyle.

By SHIVAM T

Sep 7, 2021

I have finished this course in a week, it was amazing to learn, beautifully explained and i feel lucky and very thankful to our Professor, the way he teaches is so magnificent, i felt like i should listen for more weeks.

By Giernie R T

Nov 27, 2020

I become more conscious of my feelings right now and I have come to a better understanding of what's happening with me and how do I prevent my self from becoming more anxious. Thank you so much for providing this course!

By Gabriela C

Nov 16, 2020

El curso es excelente. El profesor Steve explica de una manera muy clara y divertida varios conceptos relacionados a la ansiedad y a su vez, da consejos muy útiles para poder controlarla durante estos tiempo de pandemia.

By Astel J

Oct 12, 2020

The journey with Prof. Steve Joorden was heart warming and effective. I thank coursera and the professor for introducing this subject during this crucial time. Hope everybody who attended the four weeks found it helpful.

By Marcia T

Oct 8, 2020

Prof. Joordens created a very informative (and enjoyable) course that gave me language for the anxiety felt during this pandemic and strategies on how to deal with it. Thank you for taking the time to create this course.

By Mayda G

Aug 20, 2020

Excelente! Buenas técnicas y habilidades para entender mejor los conceptos y como actúa nuestro cuerpo, y así dan una mejor respuesta de ayuda para afrontar estos momentos de incertidumbre e aislamiento físico. Gracias!

By Tanu S

Jul 4, 2020

I learned many thinks from this course like that how to manage our mental health and how to be socialize in this critical situation. And the main thing that I learnt how manage our mental health as well physical health.