Back to Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 by University of Toronto

Never in the history of humanity have so many people been feeling intense anxiety related to COVID-19 and the world it will leave in its wake. The intent of this course is to give you a deeper understanding of the anxiety reaction as it relates to various aspects of our current life, ranging from our consumption of news to the way we talk to our children about this. I will also give you clear strategies for managing and, in fact, turning off the anxiety response at least for short periods. My sincere hope is that you will leave this course with a better understanding of how your brain reacts to crises, along with some powerful tools for managing it before it manages you. In this course we will cover: 1.1 Introduction and Overview 1.2 Understanding the Anxiety Response 1.3 The Necessity of Strategies to Manage Anxiety 1.4 Achieving Relaxation: A Skill We All Need to Learn Now 2.1 Why Watching the News is Addicting and How to Manage Your Consumption 2.2 The Critical Art of Mental Distraction to Crowd Out Stressors 2.3 How We Think About Physical Distancing and Explaining it to Our Children 3.1 The Effects of Isolation 3.2 Some Strategies to Make Isolation More Tolerable 3.3 The Importance of Social Connection in a Physical Distancing World 4.1 The Need to Guard Against Depression: The Importance of Control 4.2 Bring it Together: Practice Makes Proficient 4.3 Invitation to Suggest Additional Videos...

AM

Jul 17, 2020

So grateful that a course like this exists. I found the information that was presented easy to understand and in such a way that small changes to my daily routine seem manageable. Thank you very much!

VS

Jul 19, 2020

The course is very insightful. The topics were carefully and simply taught by Prof. Joordens. It's easy to understand and has helped a lot in understanding how our minds work esp during this pandemic.

426 - 450 of 2,463 Reviews for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

By Samantha H

Jul 13, 2021

A very informative and helpful course. A huge "thank you" to the course Professor! From; Samantha Henry (Dr & MPH Student & Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar Alumni. From; Guyana, South America)

By Glacia S

May 5, 2021

Very informative and practical. This information has really expanded my approaches and techniques as a Child and Youth Care Practitioner. Thank you!!! I hope to find more of your classes.

By PEMS J S C

Apr 5, 2021

The course is nice and learnable. resource speaker in the video has able to present it well and comprehensable. So far, its good and it realy help me a lot specially in handling my anxiety.

By Stefan L M

Mar 27, 2021

Very well structured lecture. I'm a psychologist myself and I'm convincend that with this course Prof Joordens really offers a pragmatic and effective approach to cope with the Covid-Crisis

By Matias G S F

Nov 18, 2020

Excelent Course it explain every with practice examples and is very usefull now that all are passing through this apidemic and I am sure that all this course will help me in my entire life.

By Sirli L

Sep 8, 2020

Really really awesome course. "Soft" topic, but full of deep knowledge and really useful tips and tricks to share throughout the communities. Thank you so for putting this course together!

By Ashly N

Jul 15, 2020

Extremely useful!! I am having a hard time during this time of uncertainty. My anxiety has been extremely bad and I found this course helpful and I am looking forward to using these tools.

By Phillipa V

Apr 10, 2021

This is an excellent course offering from the University of Toronto. Steve Joordans has done an excellent job on emphasizing the need for socially interacting while physically distancing.

By Ann R

Apr 18, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. I already have been learning how to relax with meditation but this has added other tools to help me get through this challenging time. So a big thank you.

By Gabriela A C R

Jan 21, 2021

Me parece un curso muy importante y digerible para toda la población, en lo personal, estudio psicología y es un tema de mi agrado. Felicitaciones al Profesor por compartirnos su tiempo.

By Kristina V

Nov 16, 2020

Great course with lots of tips! Even though I already studied psychology in my undergrad it was nice to be reminded of ways to manage stress, especially during these unprecedented times.

By Amalia S

Nov 7, 2020

Great course! Very helpful during these odd times but most of the things that was covered can and should be used in our everyday lives. Cant wait to see more courses from this professor!

By Jennifer T F P

Jul 8, 2020

Me encanto el curso. Los temas que se desarrollaron fueron muy pertinentes para la situación actual que enfrentamos, además del aprendizaje que adquirí me hizo sentir bien conmigo misma.

By Sandra M C

Sep 10, 2021

This course has a big value as a tool to manage your mind. It gives you practical tools to be aware of the efects of the isolation and how to think out of the box in order to manage it.

By Cheryle F

May 6, 2021

I loved this course! The professor was so calming, and had such good info for dealing with all of this. Thank you! I appreciate your effort and will apply so much of this new knowledge,

By Leilani M G C

Apr 11, 2021

I've learned a lot from this course. I particularly love thr guided relaxation. I also love the topic on locus of control and restrengthening social connectivity on the emotional level.

By Myrricar L B

Oct 7, 2020

I learned a lot of things in this course and it really helped me understand what I was feeling. Maraming Salamat (Filipino word for Thank you) to Prof. Steve for this wonderful lecture.

By Luz R C S

Aug 27, 2020

I really found the course very helpful since it addresses very important issues about the emotional state that is being experienced and how to face it in an appropriate and optimal way.

By Milena

Jul 11, 2020

Amazing course. The professor is amazing - he knows how to talk about it in an easy and knowledgeable way. It helped me a lot in relation to my anxiety. I highly recommend this course.

By Fer A

Jun 13, 2020

Ithink this course help us as a guide to manage this situation, because many people does not know how to deal whit this, but like all, this require practice, I live this cuorse a lot!!!

By EFSTATHIA V

Dec 26, 2020

So helpful course!! All the information is easy to understand and the instructor was so calmful and he gived some practical and helpful tips for fighting stress! I loved this course!

By Ioanna B

Dec 8, 2020

Especially helpful course for the challenging times we are going through. I will certainly keep in mind and try to use all of the recommended skills, which I found useful. Thank you!

By Fathima N

Aug 3, 2020

Helped stay mentally fit during this crisis . Taught me maximize physical distancing and strengthen social connection which will help us to be physically as well as mentally healthy.

By SANDRA A G M

Jul 20, 2020

Me pareció excelente el curso, el profesor explica claramente en los videos los temas y las técnicas para aplicar en la vida diaria. Muchas gracias por tan extraordinaria oportunidad

By Shahnewaz s

Jul 15, 2020

It's very good things for me in this pandemic situation cause i learn many techniques for remove anxiety and to be happy.... so thanks to dear professor for his valuable instruction.