Back to Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 by University of Toronto

Never in the history of humanity have so many people been feeling intense anxiety related to COVID-19 and the world it will leave in its wake. The intent of this course is to give you a deeper understanding of the anxiety reaction as it relates to various aspects of our current life, ranging from our consumption of news to the way we talk to our children about this. I will also give you clear strategies for managing and, in fact, turning off the anxiety response at least for short periods. My sincere hope is that you will leave this course with a better understanding of how your brain reacts to crises, along with some powerful tools for managing it before it manages you. In this course we will cover: 1.1 Introduction and Overview 1.2 Understanding the Anxiety Response 1.3 The Necessity of Strategies to Manage Anxiety 1.4 Achieving Relaxation: A Skill We All Need to Learn Now 2.1 Why Watching the News is Addicting and How to Manage Your Consumption 2.2 The Critical Art of Mental Distraction to Crowd Out Stressors 2.3 How We Think About Physical Distancing and Explaining it to Our Children 3.1 The Effects of Isolation 3.2 Some Strategies to Make Isolation More Tolerable 3.3 The Importance of Social Connection in a Physical Distancing World 4.1 The Need to Guard Against Depression: The Importance of Control 4.2 Bring it Together: Practice Makes Proficient 4.3 Invitation to Suggest Additional Videos...

AM

Jul 17, 2020

So grateful that a course like this exists. I found the information that was presented easy to understand and in such a way that small changes to my daily routine seem manageable. Thank you very much!

VS

Jul 19, 2020

The course is very insightful. The topics were carefully and simply taught by Prof. Joordens. It's easy to understand and has helped a lot in understanding how our minds work esp during this pandemic.

376 - 400 of 2,463 Reviews for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

By Rebeca G

Oct 25, 2020

It is so important to feel well specially in this period of isolation, as Steve says...It is just Physical isolation not Social isolation...so contact to others, specially with the people you think they needed..

By Jasmine N A

Aug 2, 2020

This course really helps me to manage my mind and mental during isolation of COVID-19. Also big thanks to Professor Steve Joordens who explained the topics in a good and simple way, the course was understandable

By Dr P M S

Jun 20, 2020

I liked the purpose of this course and also its dedication to the staff working behind scenes at these difficult times. Thanks Steve. Lot of it I could relate to myself and my my family life. Pretty useful tips.

By Andrea S

Apr 5, 2021

I think everyone should take this course. It is fairly short with easy to listen to videos, and I guarantee you will get something out of it. It is practical and relatable to your every day life - beyond covid.

By Adriana A

Aug 30, 2020

Excellent course! Loved how the professor explained each topic. Felt really identified with the chapter about social isolation..really important points. Would definitely take another course with this professor!

By Pradeep M

Jun 30, 2020

This is a very important course at the right time to fight COVID 19 anxiety and this has helped me to talk to people around to stay positive and also to promote physical distancing rather than social distancing

By Angelic G

Jun 23, 2022

The professor delivered the information in small portions as to not lose the students' attention. The information was relatively easy to understand and the infograpics used during each lesson kept me engaged.

By Angela S

Feb 2, 2022

V​ery engaging and easy to follow. Also very helpful - brought my sense of control back. Feels a lot like talking to a senior friend who's giving you advice on how to manage life during Covid. Thank you a lot!

By NIKI M

May 31, 2021

This was such an informative course, and having a son who is also anxious, this was helpful for both of us! I am so grateful for this information and for the connection during this strange and uncharted time.

By Zoe D

Oct 7, 2020

I am a health care provider, and I recommended this course to my fellow nurses. I thought that the suggestions were very applicable, and I appreciated the psychological rationale behind each lesson. Thank you!

By Valentina G C

Jul 8, 2020

Excellent course! I learned a lot of strategies to help myself when having anxiety. I sincerely recommend it for someone who is willing to understand better what anxiety is and some things you can do about it.

By Jennifer H

Apr 16, 2020

I enjoyed this Professor. Soothing voice, informative, and spoke in a clear understandable way.. I will definitely use the tools I gained from this course for the rest of my life. Beach, beach, beach, beach.

By Lana D M

Jun 26, 2021

Somente agradecer por tornarem meus dias mais leves dentro desse contexto que vivemos, me trazendo clareza e consciência do que acontece comigo e com as pessoas que convivo! Gratidão pela imensa contribuição!

By Dhwidodari P H

Nov 5, 2020

I LIKE THIS COURSE SO MUCH, and now I can be more relax and control my mental. by starting be more chill and doing something that do not make me panic or anxiety, hopefully it will be more usefull in my life

By DEVIKA M S

Jul 28, 2020

It was a nice opportunity for me to be a part of this program. I have learned a lot from this program. I also suggest each one of you to do this course on mental health during this pandemic period. Thank you

By Ariziel R D M

Jul 14, 2020

The course is very helpful specially in times like this. The lectures are very well delivered and understandable. It helped me to relax my mind and my body. I appreciate Steve Joordans in having this course.

By JaShawn R

Nov 12, 2020

This course was very engaging. I enjoyed listening to strategies and processing how to implement more cautiously with supervisees. I enjoyed the option to download some of the slides for reference as well.

By Akvile C

Oct 11, 2020

What I liked the most is lecturer! Calm, friendly, wise, smart and have a really calming voice. The information was also very interesting and helpfull. I already started mindfully using crowding out method!

By Sheryl S

Sep 17, 2020

Practical, succinct, empathetic. Science-based, intellectual but not overly-academic. I connect with the speaker's style very much. Hope to take another course by Professor Joordens soon. Thank you so much!

By Vudithyala S H

Aug 16, 2020

Very useful course taught in the required essential Pandemic time.The comparison between the things is very well done by the Professor. Learnt a lot of useful things of getting through these difficult times

By Constanzo A M D

Jul 10, 2020

I want to thank the Professor for sharing his knowledge for free during these difficult times. I learned a couple of unexpected things I can relate to as a long time patient of psychotherapy. God bless you.

By Beverly O

Great presentations and power point. Contained a lot of practical information for keeping anxiety in check. The presenter is clear and easily understood. I found this to be a useful and enjoyable course.

By Nadine N

Dec 16, 2020

This is course is amazing dan the way the lecturer teach really amazed me because he is really calm and use the language that I really understand so this sure helpful for me especially in the pandemic era.

By Kris C

Oct 19, 2020

Wow! A great course and very timely. Professor Joordens is amazing. I recommend this course to anyone who is dealing with stress and anxiety, or anyone interested in mental health. I was sad to see it end!

By Kate T

Jun 24, 2021

Kind teacher, calming, organized class, very intro level so didn't learn a lot that was new for me but I thought great reminders and good for those who don't know this information yet. Easy to understand.