Back to Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School by University of Colorado System

Welcome to our next course in the School Health specialization: Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School. In this course, you will about the most common developmental and behavioral disorders affecting children such as ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, learning disorders, and concussions. We will focus on how schools can support children by recognizing common symptoms and understanding the diagnosis process. You’ll be introduced to scenarios that provide firsthand clinician experience working with children with ADHD. We will walk through management options for the most common developmental and behavioral disorders. Next, we’ll go through two interview modules that discuss autism and learning disorders. Finally, we’ll discuss what concussions are, symptoms, and management Prepare yourself to learn about the most common development and behavioral disorders affecting children....

TG

Feb 26, 2019

It is very useful for people like me because you learn and you also got a chance to refresh your knowledge and help yourself to improve better.

KR

Jun 10, 2019

Very detail informative updated material,\n\ngreat support, clear explanation of different specialists,

1 - 23 of 23 Reviews for Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School

By Renee A

Jan 25, 2019

Extremely good overview, should be required for every teacher!

By DORJE G

Apr 21, 2019

Best learning site and I am very thankful to coursera

By Shamanth S

Mar 21, 2019

Very clear understanding of the concepts.

By MAKARANON W

Feb 02, 2019

Thank you very much for a very good course.It's more informative and useful for parents,teachers and all.

By Anupama L

Sep 01, 2019

I enjoyed doing this course and it added more to my knowledge of ADHD, LD, Autism and Concussion. I am sure it will help me identify and understand these disorders better in my workplace and real life.

By Thayalani N G

Feb 26, 2019

By Isabella D S

Jul 01, 2019

Very useful and complete course about these important issues that teachers may encounter in the classroom. I wanted more! 100% recommended!!

By Kamala R

Jun 10, 2019

Very detail informative updated material,

great support, clear explanation of different specialists,

By Seokyeon J

Jan 03, 2020

It is helpful to understand each different health conditions definitions, management clearly.

By Christmar D Q L

Mar 10, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. Excellent content. Very accurate!

By Swati P K

Sep 22, 2019

Excellent videos, very informative, gives complete knowledge

By L. M

Dec 29, 2019

Very useful and practical information. Thank You!

By B N

Sep 17, 2019

Thank you for this wonderful and useful course.

By Ike c v

Apr 30, 2019

quite educating and well taught

By Afrin f b

Dec 09, 2019

Really interesting course..!

By nuning s w

Dec 23, 2019

I enjoy taking the course.

By Charmaine S

May 23, 2019

By Huong Q

Nov 18, 2019

It's a

By Erin F

Nov 28, 2019

I enjoyed this course and feel that I learned quite a bit about the topics provided. The instructors were clear and concise as well. I would recommend this course to people who want to start becoming more familiar with things like ADHD and Autism. One thing I would have liked more of is teaching and behavior management techniques. We learned about the disabilities, but not really how to deal with them. So some more information on that would be appreciated. I also felt like the true and false questions were sometimes awkward where they would ask a question and not be a statement, or the answer would make more sense to be yes or no, not true or false. Other than that, it was great! Thanks so much!

By Stanley D

Jul 02, 2019

Well-made course, however not challenging, and very basic. 1 week per topic does not make you an expert, but gives an idea of signs to look out for as a teacher or other person dealing with children.

By Kaanchan B

Jun 12, 2019

THE ASSESSMENT PROCESS COULD BE MADE MORE CHALLENGING AND INTERESTING BY GETTING THE LEARNERS TO FILL OUT SOME OBSERVATION FORMS, ETC.