Back to Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School by University of Colorado System

Welcome to our next course in the School Health specialization: Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School. In this course, you will about the most common developmental and behavioral disorders affecting children such as ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, learning disorders, and concussions. We will focus on how schools can support children by recognizing common symptoms and understanding the diagnosis process. You’ll be introduced to scenarios that provide firsthand clinician experience working with children with ADHD. We will walk through management options for the most common developmental and behavioral disorders. Next, we’ll go through two interview modules that discuss autism and learning disorders. Finally, we’ll discuss what concussions are, symptoms, and management Prepare yourself to learn about the most common development and behavioral disorders affecting children....

AD

May 23, 2020

A very concise and well thought of course, with oodles of information, precise terminologies. Should be on the to-do list for every educator in any field, as well as School administrators.

E

Jul 03, 2020

Very new tool learn about the diseases and prevention and first aid and getting more knowledge to diagnosis it help to improve and gain more knowledge thank you for your updated knowledge.

1 - 25 of 122 Reviews for Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School

By Songtsen m

Apr 21, 2019

Best learning site and I am very thankful to coursera

By Rock S K E D

Mar 22, 2020

Good course, but buggy videos. Coursera kept telling me to that I had to watch several videos three and four times. That was frustrating.

By DR. V P P

Jul 16, 2020

A well planned and interestingly arranged course. Every expert in the course follow attractive presentation. As a teacher trainer, I am very obliged to all of you. Well done.

By XIMENA Y Z L

Mar 09, 2020

It was a great experience, this course has been very useful for me. I learned a lot and is very interesting. Thank you.

By Vetrova M A

Feb 18, 2020

The material is perfectly structured. Clearly, on business. It was nice to listen. Thank you very much!

By Ramila G

Apr 17, 2020

This course was amazing! I received a lot of useful information which helps in working with children.

By Kamala R

Jun 10, 2019

Very detail informative updated material,

great support, clear explanation of different specialists,

By Michelle Z

Apr 05, 2020

This course was well designed and I finished it with a great understanding of all the topics.

By Seokyeon J

Jan 03, 2020

It is helpful to understand each different health conditions definitions, management clearly.

By Courtney A

Apr 17, 2020

This course is very comprehensive. The transcript was really helpful when writing notes!

By Anu T

Apr 04, 2020

Very informative. The speakers and online resources were ideal for good understanding.

By Renee A

Jan 25, 2019

Extremely good overview, should be required for every teacher!

By Swati P K

Sep 22, 2019

Excellent videos, very informative, gives complete knowledge

By Daniela R D C

Apr 08, 2020

Excelent

By Erin F

Nov 28, 2019

I enjoyed this course and feel that I learned quite a bit about the topics provided. The instructors were clear and concise as well. I would recommend this course to people who want to start becoming more familiar with things like ADHD and Autism. One thing I would have liked more of is teaching and behavior management techniques. We learned about the disabilities, but not really how to deal with them. So some more information on that would be appreciated. I also felt like the true and false questions were sometimes awkward where they would ask a question and not be a statement, or the answer would make more sense to be yes or no, not true or false. Other than that, it was great! Thanks so much!

By MAKARANON W

Feb 02, 2019

Thank you very much for a very good course.It's more informative and useful for parents,teachers and all.

By aula s

Mar 11, 2020

By Alonso Z

Jun 07, 2020

I really enjoyed this courser about ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in school. The videos were very informative for those who are looking for a basic introduction to each topic and how to implemented these new tools in a school job setting and do a better job in our community.

By Elizabeth .

Jul 03, 2020

By Aishwarya D

May 23, 2020

By Sonja B

Aug 31, 2020

Presenter is excellent. The reading material for this course was relevant. Some of the questions in the in-video quizzes were ambiguous and need checking.

By Thayalani N G

Feb 26, 2019

It is very useful for people like me because you learn and you also got a chance to refresh your knowledge and help yourself to improve better.

By Isabella D S

Jul 01, 2019

Very useful and complete course about these important issues that teachers may encounter in the classroom. I wanted more! 100% recommended!!

By SAJITH S J

Aug 29, 2020

This was a very useful course for me. Helpe me to gain more knowledge on ADHD, ASD, CONCUSSION and LEARNING DISABILITIES.

By Daniela M V K

Jul 19, 2020

Learned many things I wasn’t aware of. I feel it will help me get a better understanding of my kids at school.