Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

LD

Dec 19, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason creates a viable way to understand neurobiology. Although the material is very challenging, her teaching style keeps one focused and interested. I highly recommend this course.

AH

Dec 29, 2016

An excellent course about the brain. I'm a passionate about human behaviour and this course has added a lot to my understanding. I really liked the way professor Mason explained every topic.

1 - 25 of 285 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Lorna D

Dec 19, 2016

By Allison K S

Aug 01, 2018

This is an excellent course that teaches you the neurobiology of the brain. I think this course is extremely beneficial whether you are just beginning to learn about the brain or a professional in the field. Professor Mason is excellent and provides valuable examples for each topic in addition to supplemental resources. I highly recommend this course.

By Vidhi K

May 04, 2019

It is providing a great support to my interest in neurosurgery

By Rachel M

May 29, 2017

This is a must-take course to learn about the self and the world around us as it relates to neurobiology. Professor Peggy Mason rocks. Very glad I opted for this class, learned so much!

By Jim K

May 29, 2017

The course is easy to understand while it has covered quite a lot of details on neurobiology. It is also inspiring to feel the Prof. Mason's love for the neurobiology through the course.

By Shalini C

Mar 07, 2019

Excellent course. Uses lot of examples from daily life and real life stories to explain concepts. Also, Dr. Mason recommends a lot of books and biographies which are related to the lectures. She explains every topic in a very easy and fun way, I assure anyone would love it. There are also many lab classes where you can see and observe the various parts of the nervous system, and they are well linked to the theory classes.

This course is not just for people interested in neurobiology but for anyone and everyone. I'd recommend you to go through this course to understand how every part of our body is controlled by the brain, how beautiful and complex our brain is, and how various disorders can be caused by problems in the nervous system.

It will also help you understand the suffering of people with neurological disorders, and would help you be more kind and patient towards them.

In conclusion, you will love the course and Dr. Peggy Mason and team, and would thank me for recommending the course! Have fun!

By Yap C Y

Oct 06, 2019

This is an amazing course to start on understanding the brain! It has given me a new perspective on how and why we, human, behave in a certain way. To make it easier to digest and follow the sessions, Professor Mason has added a lot of vision materials, including real human/sheep brains, to elaborate. Also, the books recommended by her provided a clear illustration on "what has gone wrong". Thank you Professor Mason.

By Anastasia

May 02, 2019

Such an amazing course! Absolutely love professor Peggy Mason - i wish were more courses by her.

By Karla P Q

Apr 09, 2019

beautiful and the teacher is really cool, smart and kind!! I really enjoyed learn!! Thank you!! I now I follow you in twitter! Awesome!

By TAOUZER H

Sep 28, 2019

I learned so much from Professor Peggy Mason. It was a well organized course, full of valuable info ,and presented with so much passion and love. Thanks to everyone who helped in making this course available to us. Thanks a lot!

By Маслова М М

Oct 17, 2019

It was the best 3 month. Thank you

By Poroykova K

Sep 18, 2019

Clear and well-structured course. Although couse information is more for beginners, still some complex concepts and facts are present. And a lot of samples that are very helpful for better understanding.

By Paulo R F

Nov 09, 2019

Very good.

By Liliana G P

Nov 03, 2019

Very interesting course! I loved the embodied emotion lesson. It helped me understand so much. Thanks neuroteam :).

By Hao C

Nov 06, 2019

Teaching: Prof. Peggy Mason’s passionate teaching has really drawn me into the fascinating world of neurobiology. She has used lots of diagrams, metaphors, real-life example to explain difficult neurological mechanism at intro level.

Her special reading interest of autobiography written by patients gives me extra insight into the diseases. I love her empathetic and thoughtful tone when explaining life challenges faced by neurological patients.

I highly recommend this course to people who want to know more about neurobiology and neurobiological diseases, who are neurological patients themselves or families or friends of neurological patients, and who want to use knowledge to gain some senses of control or help others.

Accessibility: The course structure is well organized with clear focus in each week.

I’ve only learnt some high-school biology before. Overall, most weeks are easy to follow, but the weeks on vestibular sense & gaze and motor modulation are more challenging.

Assessment: The assessment of quiz of each week is slightly challenging but helpful for the of review course content. The peer-reviewed assignment is simple and straightforward.

By Jereesh K E

Nov 01, 2019

I am a clinical psychologist from India. I use to find neuropsychology as a difficult subject due to the complexity in understanding the brain, its structures and mechanisms. But this course made it simple to understand the Brain. The content is rich and explained in a very simple way. Thanks a lot

By Papia S

Nov 12, 2019

This is a great course to understand basic functioning of brain. What the course and Dr Mason has done is to increase curiosity and motivation to delve deeper into the matters of brain. A second part of the course would be great to keep learning more about our wonderful brain.

By Carlos G R G d l C

Oct 25, 2019

El curso es un poco largo (10 semanas) pero al final vale la pena. Un viaje a nuestro interior, muy recomendable.

The course is a bit large (10 weeks) but at the end worth it. Take the course you won't regret.

By nicole w

Jan 14, 2019

This class improved my general understanding of the human brain. Peggy is a wonderful instructor.

By Ernesto C

Feb 05, 2019

Well taught.

By Dany P B

Dec 31, 2018

very detailed explanations, its really good

By Sumairan B

Dec 18, 2018

Greetings! That course was amazing, Respected mam Prof. Peggy Mason is an intelligent and motivating teacher. I really like her teaching style. Thanks respected mam, University of Chicago , Coursera , Pakistan HEC. Thanks allot for enhancing my knowledge.

I want to make a request please don't take these lectures OFF from my account if possible , I want to review them again and again. At least for one year ,till next December I want to review these lectures please. Thanks to all

By Daniel M

Jan 06, 2019

Amazing Experience!!

By Rochelle W

Jan 06, 2019

This was an extremely informative course that was presented in a very engaging way.

By José A M