Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

LD

Dec 19, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason creates a viable way to understand neurobiology. Although the material is very challenging, her teaching style keeps one focused and interested. I highly recommend this course.

AH

Dec 29, 2016

An excellent course about the brain. I'm a passionate about human behaviour and this course has added a lot to my understanding. I really liked the way professor Mason explained every topic.

51 - 75 of 299 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By FRANCK R S

Mar 12, 2018

This a very fascinating MOOC, Professor Peggy Mason is a great, captivating teacher and a very positive, wonderful human being, sciences and humanity needs more people like Her! One you get this course you will fell in love with Neurobiology , be prepared for that! Thank you Professor for your dedication!

By Ilya M

Dec 14, 2016

I tried this course for a third time already during last 3 years, and finally I got my first certificate of Neuroscience. I also watch 4 other courses on Coursera. And I think this one is the best start for these who decide to dive into Neuroscience.

Thanks to everyone who made this courser possible!

By swati K

Nov 19, 2018

I loved this course and the thoughtful way in which Prof. Peggy has designed and delivered the course. She has provided sufficient links for extra resources and is very lucid in her delivery throughout. Will strongly recommend it to anyone who is intrigued by the mystic ways in which mind works!

By K. S

Mar 23, 2019

This has been a fantastic course that has completely transformed the way I look at life, and the way I look at others. The passion and the knowledge that Dr. Peggy Mason brought to the classes were amazing. Thank you Dr. Peggy Mason and your team for producing such a remarkable course.

By Brenda J H

Jun 13, 2019

This was a very hard course due to it's many parts. The instructor Dr. Peggy Mason

made it so much easier, because she explains everything so well. II really enjoyed learning .She is

a excellent teacher and she makes it easier to understand. Thank you !!!

Brenda Hill

By Artem V

Jun 16, 2019

This course helped me understand my memories about the brain stroke my relative had and the problems with voluntary movement and producing language she experienced after that with. I'm excited about all the information about brain structure and functions provided in this course.

By Cassandra M A

Dec 13, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason is a wonderful professor. Her lectures will not just help whomever takes this course understand the neurobiology of the brain better. They will also help people genuinely feel empathy for individuals suffering from neuropsychiatric disorders. Highly recommend!

By Manuel E P

Jul 26, 2017

I really enjoyed this course, I found the lectures stimulating and highly informative! I now see neurobiology in my life more often--I can observe the cerebellar function of cats like never before, and I feel that I now have a good understanding of mammalian neuroanatomy.

By Lara D d G

Jul 12, 2017

Excellent course. The teacher is so passionate about the topic that it makes you want to learn even more. Very well explained, short videos that help you remember the important concepts better and very well picked subjects. I wish there were more Dr. Peggy Masons around!

By John C

Nov 15, 2016

As a retired prof with many years of teaching experience, I can safely say that Peggy Mason is an absolutely masterful teacher. She is passionate about her subject matter and she explains it beautifully. This is the best MOOC course I have taken--and I've had several.

By Miguel L

Apr 05, 2017

This course goes into minute detail describing the brain and central nervous system anatomy , while relating its function and ailments to many conditions we see around us or even in ourselves . Great learning experience , and professor Mason's lectures are a joy .

By Osborne P

Mar 08, 2019

This professor has beautifully and skillfully chartered out this course each module after the other. Anyone interested in neuroscience or even just wanting to understand the beauty of the most magnificient part of our body shoudl definetely take this course!

By Lianis O

Jul 03, 2017

One of the best courses and professors I have ever had. Dr. Mason loves neuroscience and it comes across in her videos. She shows great respect and sympathy for the patients and medical conditions she describes. I can only hope she does more online courses.

By Rinata B

Nov 13, 2017

This course is just excellent. Interesting, modern, easy to understand and at the same time highly informative. I also bought a book by professor Mason, the one we can sometimes see on the video during the course and strongly recommend it to everyone.

By Chris C

Jan 07, 2018

Peggy is a very passionate professor with a gift for conveying complex details in a clear and easy to understand way. I highly recommend that if you sit this course to read the books Peggy notes throughout. Thank you Peggy for your hard work!

By Nuwan M

Aug 07, 2019

This course is one of the great course I have ever taken. I highly recommended to anyone who loves to learn about the brain. The course is well organized. Professor Peggy Mason is an excellent teacher, and she's explanations are fascinating.

By Shekhar M

Dec 14, 2016

I found the programme very informative and engaging. I learnt concepts in neurobiology and post the programme, I am able to see neurobiology play out all around us in our everyday life. Dr. Mason's teaching style is informal and engaging.

By Chia C W

Jun 01, 2017

I really liked the way Professor Mason presented the course, and it provide a very thorough initial understanding of the brain and brain systems. I will definitely recommended to anyone who wish to become more familiar with the brain.

By Vaiva S

May 28, 2017

The lecturer and given material are great but the course is really hard and there is a lot to learn. This time I didn't have enough time to spare so I am very happy that there is an opportunity to finish it during the next session :)

By Konstantinos A

May 03, 2017

This course was fun, interesting and well taught. I understood basic principles of how the sensory organs work and what effect can malfunctions have. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about how our body functions.

By SAKSHI G

Nov 30, 2017

This course is very helpful and very well taught by Professor Manson. I must say teachings of professor are more interesting, clearly understood and contains deep knowledge than what we learn in lecture halls by attending the school.

Dec 16, 2016

I always learn new things!

This course is incredibly helpful, especially if you know a little about neuroscience and you are interested with brain issues. Highly recommended! (I am a senior student in Boğaziçi University psychology)

By Mai S

Feb 10, 2019

One of the most informative, engaging and interesting courses I have ever attended. Dr. Peggy Mason's ability to explain this topic to laypeople is outstanding. I am very happy with how much I have learned and how enjoyable it was.

By Mirjam M

Mar 04, 2018

Thank you so much Prof. Mason for sharing your knowledge so generously. I have really enjoyed this class and gained a better understanding of so many things in our bodies and our minds. I would recommend this class to everyone.

By marrina

Nov 25, 2017

Peggy you are amazing!!! Thank you so much for teaching this course! I've learn a great amount from this course and decided to take neuroscience as my future career. Thank you, again, for leading me in! ----student from China.