Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

LD

Dec 19, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason creates a viable way to understand neurobiology. Although the material is very challenging, her teaching style keeps one focused and interested. I highly recommend this course.

AH

Dec 29, 2016

An excellent course about the brain. I'm a passionate about human behaviour and this course has added a lot to my understanding. I really liked the way professor Mason explained every topic.

101 - 125 of 298 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Bertran C

Nov 01, 2017

Excelente Curso de Formación. Conceptos básicos muy bien enseñados, para todos aquellos que se estén formando en neurociencias, neurología y neuropsicología.

By Phoebe S

Aug 19, 2019

Very good course! Would recommend to anybody who is interested in the nervous system and neurobiology. It is well taught and not too demanding of your time.

By Claudia T

Jun 25, 2019

What an amazing way to explain the nervous system, its development, and functions of each of the components.

I am following in love with the subject.

Claudia

By Elif E

Jun 13, 2019

As a molecular biologist who is interested in neurosciences, I have learnt a great deal from Prof. Mason. She really is a neuro-chauvinist (in a good way)!

By Jimena J C

Apr 04, 2018

149/5000

The best for people interested in learning the basics of neurobiology, the best teacher, thank you very much for allowing me to learn with you!

By Simon F

Sep 21, 2017

Professor Mason has prepared the course in a very systematic manner and presented the subject in a way that makes it easy to understand and to follow.

By Donna S

Nov 23, 2016

Masterful teaching. This professor (Peggy Mason) takes complex information and lays it out in a clear, coherent and highly engaging way. Thank you!

By Попеску Л

Sep 30, 2017

Examples on real brain and the narrative style of the professor made this course the best course I ever attended on coursera.org! Big Thank You!

By Dorothy H

Nov 16, 2016

Easy to understand, and a pleasure to watch and listen to. This is a fabulous course to take before taking Duke's medical neuroscience course.

By Krista H

May 05, 2017

I really loved the content and the way it was presented. Perfect starter into this world or refresher if you are familiar with the language.

By Zoltán G

Dec 28, 2019

If you want to learn the most advanced technology on Earth, this course is for you. Peggy is super teacher, great fun learning from her.

By Liz

Jul 21, 2017

Excellent! Everyone should take this course. I have a greater understanding of how our brain works and why we do things the way we do!

By Karla P Q

Apr 09, 2019

beautiful and the teacher is really cool, smart and kind!! I really enjoyed learn!! Thank you!! I now I follow you in twitter! Awesome!

By Marcus V G

Aug 30, 2018

Excelent, the teacher explain with love, unbelieveble speak 7 to 10 minutes max., per block, but a lot of contents, i bought his book

By Yuqing H

Jul 02, 2017

It's really amazing to view neurobiology through the case analysis of everyday life! I really like the course and the way it is taught!

By Daniel T

Nov 18, 2018

Great course! Exactly what I need in my professional activity! Direct, clear and to-the-point concepts and explanations! Thank you!

By Julia

Nov 26, 2017

This course is very useful for me. The information is understandable, interesting and interactive given. Thank you very much!!!!

By Joanne S

Jan 11, 2017

Fantastic course. Prof Mason is terrific - perfect balance of theory and narrative; science and empathy. Really enjoyed that!

By Carliati B

May 01, 2019

Terrific course. Professor Peggy Mason was a fabulous teacher and made learning fun. Thank you Professor Mason and Coursera.

By Koos J

Nov 30, 2017

Fantastic course with a great teacher. Can recommend it to anyone. Enjoyed it hugely and I am very sorry that it has ended.

By Sonia V

Dec 07, 2016

Very well explained and fascinating information. I tried this course for a week and now planning to do the certification.

By Diego r

Aug 04, 2019

profe mason, gracias por brindarnos este curso, gracias por todos tu ejemplos, aprendí y disfrute demasiado. un abrazo.

By Uliana T

May 27, 2019

The course is great, however, the title was misleading. It said the course was 4 weeks long, but it is actually 10 weeks

By Georgie P

Oct 26, 2017

Brilliant course! Couldn't of had a better instructor. I wish I could have Peggy as a supervisor for postgraduate study.

By Silvia G

Jul 29, 2018

Dr. Mason is incredible at teaching and her passion for science contagious! I’d take any class thought by her anytime !