Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

MF

Dec 29, 2021

Excellent course for understanding the extent to which human neurobiology is complex and fascinating, with multiple opportunities to compare findings with other species and get a better understanding.

PM

Mar 22, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

176 - 200 of 732 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Manuel J P M

Jan 4, 2021

Excellent course, Professor Mason's explanations were clear, and if not, you have acces to other sources to search the information that you want. I'm sure that if you are interested in neurobiology, this course is totally for you and the title of "Neurobiology of Everyday Life" is not in vain.

By Julie g

Mar 14, 2022

cours très bien organisé, simple d'accès et pourtant déjà très riche !

Un grand merci à Peggy Mason qui permet, grâce à sa diction, son sourire et ses exemples, de se sentir vraiment bien accrochée aux vidéos dont le format est juste parfait.

C'était mon premier vrai "MOOC" et j'en redemande !

By Meidi C

Pr Mason is EXCELLENT!

I really enjoyed this course and could not expected more from it. Everything remained pretty basic in terms of neuro-knowledge in general but it has definitely provided me with fundamentals and has reinforced my interest of this topic.

Thanks Coursera, Thanks Pr P. Mason

By Caroline B

Dec 2, 2020

Loved it and would recommend to anybody that's interested in the subject, you can start with no basis in neuroscience and little knowledge in biology and you will understand everything. Dr Peggy Mason is incredible and her teaching was great, I was so so so happy to have taken that course !

By Sergey C

Apr 15, 2021

Great course from a great team! Thanks for your awesome material, I learned a lot from it. Prof Mason is an amazing lector — it was extremely productive to learn with the way how the course is organized: thoroughly prepared curriculum, short videos, frequent tests, interesting final exam.

By Bryan C S S

Jul 25, 2020

Prof Peggy Mason was passionate about what she teaches. Her ability to link her vast knowledge about Neurobiology to everyday life is a big benefit. As in any online course, this requires commitment. But the benefits start to increase greatly towards the last few weeks, at least for me.

By K. S

Mar 23, 2019

This has been a fantastic course that has completely transformed the way I look at life, and the way I look at others. The passion and the knowledge that Dr. Peggy Mason brought to the classes were amazing. Thank you Dr. Peggy Mason and your team for producing such a remarkable course.

By Himabindu S

Jun 29, 2020

"5 Stars" goes to Professor Peggy Mason's way of explaining such a complex subject in a layman' language for Non-Medicos. The examples, case studies in each of the module were very elaborate and clearly explained. I thoroughly enjoyed learning the 10 weeks course. Thank you so much.

By Diane A

Feb 12, 2022

Excellent comprehenisive course on the brain and how it works. It is detailed enough for students in the medical field but easily understandable by non-medical students.Peggy Mason is an excellent instructor and knows how to break down the information so that it easy to understand.

By Brenda J H

Jun 13, 2019

This was a very hard course due to it's many parts. The instructor Dr. Peggy Mason

made it so much easier, because she explains everything so well. II really enjoyed learning .She is

a excellent teacher and she makes it easier to understand. Thank you !!!

Brenda Hill

By Yuvika B

Jul 9, 2021

It was an amazing and super informative course. Prof. Mason's enthusiasm while teaching just made it better! All the topics covered were detailed and well explained. Dissections and extra reading material dwelled deeper into the topics. Overall, it was a very fun learning experience.

By Clara M

Feb 21, 2021

This course is really worthwhile, you feel as if you were in a classroom. The teacher Peggy Mason is an excellent person and she and her team did an amazing job. You can learn a lot of things about everyday life and how we as living beings act.

Lovely, I strongly recommend it. Do it!

By Kate N

Apr 30, 2021

This is the most engaging, informative, and well-structured course I've seen so far on Coursera. Professor Peggy Mason is a fantastic lecturer, I also watched her lectures outside the course with pleasure. This course is quite worth the dedication you need to put in to finish it.

By Artem V

Jun 16, 2019

This course helped me understand my memories about the brain stroke my relative had and the problems with voluntary movement and producing language she experienced after that with. I'm excited about all the information about brain structure and functions provided in this course.

By Cassandra M A

Dec 13, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason is a wonderful professor. Her lectures will not just help whomever takes this course understand the neurobiology of the brain better. They will also help people genuinely feel empathy for individuals suffering from neuropsychiatric disorders. Highly recommend!

By Manuel E P

Jul 25, 2017

I really enjoyed this course, I found the lectures stimulating and highly informative! I now see neurobiology in my life more often--I can observe the cerebellar function of cats like never before, and I feel that I now have a good understanding of mammalian neuroanatomy.

By Lara D d G

Jul 12, 2017

Excellent course. The teacher is so passionate about the topic that it makes you want to learn even more. Very well explained, short videos that help you remember the important concepts better and very well picked subjects. I wish there were more Dr. Peggy Masons around!

By Simon C

Oct 3, 2021

I loved Peggy's enthusiasm which was very communicative. The content is well structured and easy to follow. Many examples are given to illustrate the content. I strongly recommend this course for people interested in the brain who don't have any background on the topic.

By John C

Nov 15, 2016

As a retired prof with many years of teaching experience, I can safely say that Peggy Mason is an absolutely masterful teacher. She is passionate about her subject matter and she explains it beautifully. This is the best MOOC course I have taken--and I've had several.

By Jagruti P

Apr 15, 2021

Excellent course and very detailed description. The course gives a very good headstart for someone who wants to pursue a career in Neuroscience. The professor makes it really interesting and easy for the students to understand. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Miguel L

Apr 5, 2017

This course goes into minute detail describing the brain and central nervous system anatomy , while relating its function and ailments to many conditions we see around us or even in ourselves . Great learning experience , and professor Mason's lectures are a joy .

By Afia M

Sep 18, 2020

Prof. Mason has clarified my doubts systematically with her best explanation and informative illustrations. One should consider this course to broaden their understanding of the basics of Neurobiology and Neuroanatomy. It was worth investing time in this course.

By Mandy W

Oct 12, 2021

This was the best online course I ever took. I learned so much, and Dr. Mason teaches the material in a very compelling way. Finishing the course is bittersweet because I would love to continue learning from her! I wholeheartedly recommend taking this course.

By Krista H

Aug 22, 2020

Best class I have ever taken. I love love LOVE the professor--she's brilliant and extremely passionate about what she does. Great course for anyone, even high schoolers. I took this as a junior in high school and did great! It's hard but very very worth it :)

By Osborne P

Mar 8, 2019

This professor has beautifully and skillfully chartered out this course each module after the other. Anyone interested in neuroscience or even just wanting to understand the beauty of the most magnificient part of our body shoudl definetely take this course!