Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

VK
Jul 26, 2020

This course has been an eye-opener for me and has helped me to better understand the brain from a perspective of empathy towards those suffering from debilitating disorders, thanks to Professor Mason.

PM
Mar 22, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

151 - 175 of 562 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Gordana B

Oct 5, 2020

Professor Mason's enthusiasm for this endlessly fascinating topic is so infectious. I loved the format of the course, intertwined and supported by real life references and stories, a sure way for the learnt to be imbedid in memory. Thank you, prof Mason!

By Pawani C

Aug 5, 2020

This course was really helpful, gave me a good understanding of neurology and new perspective to view neuroscience. It helped me with deeper knowledge of neuro and it was truly great experience to be virtual student of Ms. Mason. i absolutely loved it!!

By Rinata B

Nov 13, 2017

This course is just excellent. Interesting, modern, easy to understand and at the same time highly informative. I also bought a book by professor Mason, the one we can sometimes see on the video during the course and strongly recommend it to everyone.

By CaliDiva F

May 3, 2020

I enjoyed this course because it assisted my journey in the grieving process for my husband who passed away six years ago from a brain tumor. Dr. Mason has a clear and concise teaching style that works well for any student (medical and non-medical).

By Rohit P

Jun 4, 2020

I loved it. Learnt so much. Hope i return to human society something valuable from all that i have learnt here. Prof. Peggy is an adorable tutor. Her inter-disciplinary knowledge and easy communication skills are so helpful.

Thanks for everything!

By Jyothi

May 3, 2020

This is a wonderful course! My daughter has neurological issues. I started this course to understand her better and it is actually working! Even though this course is taking up my time, I don't want to give it up, because it's very informative.

By Basudeo R

Jun 24, 2020

it was really an amazing experience. she is the best neuro teacher till now. the way she teaches, creating with books and movies, and everyday example is just awesome.

I recommend this course to everyone who is seeking to learn about the brain.

By Chris C

Jan 7, 2018

Peggy is a very passionate professor with a gift for conveying complex details in a clear and easy to understand way. I highly recommend that if you sit this course to read the books Peggy notes throughout. Thank you Peggy for your hard work!

By Christian B

Oct 4, 2020

Such an amazing, in-depth course on neurobiology! Ms.Mason is a passionate teacher and makes you really interested in neurobiology and the nervous system. There are so many applications to everyday life and I am very glad I took this course!

By Ana M M B

Jun 30, 2020

Outstanding course!! Professor Mason does an amazing job at explaining the complexity of the nervous system, bringing it to live and giving examples of every day life. Fascinating, challenging and easy to follow course! I recommend it fully!

By Nuwan M

Aug 7, 2019

This course is one of the great course I have ever taken. I highly recommended to anyone who loves to learn about the brain. The course is well organized. Professor Peggy Mason is an excellent teacher, and she's explanations are fascinating.

By Valentina N s

Dec 3, 2020

This course has been a good way to improve my knowledge about the neurobiology of our lifes, and also it has increased my passion for neuropsychology. Peggy Mason has been a good teacher, and all the explenation has been really interesting.

By Leonardo V R L

Jun 24, 2020

"Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life" is an excellent course. Professor Peggy Mason is able to teach clearly and objectively. The course is divided into weeks and topics, what facilitate learning. I really recommend.

By Shekhar M

Dec 14, 2016

I found the programme very informative and engaging. I learnt concepts in neurobiology and post the programme, I am able to see neurobiology play out all around us in our everyday life. Dr. Mason's teaching style is informal and engaging.

By Vishruth N

Oct 5, 2020

Professor Mason was simply outstanding. She explained every concept in great detail, and I admire her jovial personality and sense of humor. This, combined with the production team's exceptional work, elevated the course to new heights.

By Lila P

Jul 6, 2020

This was an amazing course, I couldn't recommend it highly enough. The professor did a great work presenting the information in a comprehensive yet accessible way, the material was well structured, and the content extremely interesting.

By Chia C W

Jun 1, 2017

I really liked the way Professor Mason presented the course, and it provide a very thorough initial understanding of the brain and brain systems. I will definitely recommended to anyone who wish to become more familiar with the brain.

By Vaiva S

May 28, 2017

The lecturer and given material are great but the course is really hard and there is a lot to learn. This time I didn't have enough time to spare so I am very happy that there is an opportunity to finish it during the next session :)

By Konstantinos A

May 3, 2017

This course was fun, interesting and well taught. I understood basic principles of how the sensory organs work and what effect can malfunctions have. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about how our body functions.

By SAKSHI G

Nov 30, 2017

This course is very helpful and very well taught by Professor Manson. I must say teachings of professor are more interesting, clearly understood and contains deep knowledge than what we learn in lecture halls by attending the school.

By Dhanush v

Sep 7, 2020

This is the best course i have ever gone through.i learnt many things and this is the only course i would recommend to anyone.thank you for this amazing experience professor Peggy Mason has given me!! hope i meet her in the future.

By SATAKSHI S

Sep 6, 2020

It was an amazing journey, i fell in love with neuroscience. I joined this course because i had many question regarding neuroscience. but, now I am very much confident. this course structure is very easily understandable. Loved it !

By MM B

Aug 28, 2020

Excellently presented by professor Mason, the course was well designed for on-line learning, I particularly liked the structure of the course, the Content and online tools, all making the learning of complex material so much easier.

By Evgeniia E

Jun 15, 2020

It is a fun, interesting and well-organized course that will be helpful for people with various levels of knowledge on the nervous system, even those who had already studied it in some way, or those who don't know anything about it.