Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

MF

Dec 29, 2021

Excellent course for understanding the extent to which human neurobiology is complex and fascinating, with multiple opportunities to compare findings with other species and get a better understanding.

PM

Mar 22, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

226 - 250 of 732 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By SAKSHI G

Nov 30, 2017

This course is very helpful and very well taught by Professor Manson. I must say teachings of professor are more interesting, clearly understood and contains deep knowledge than what we learn in lecture halls by attending the school.

By Prakash V

Sep 7, 2020

This is the best course i have ever gone through.i learnt many things and this is the only course i would recommend to anyone.thank you for this amazing experience professor Peggy Mason has given me!! hope i meet her in the future.

By Satakshi S

Sep 6, 2020

It was an amazing journey, i fell in love with neuroscience. I joined this course because i had many question regarding neuroscience. but, now I am very much confident. this course structure is very easily understandable. Loved it !

By MM B

Aug 28, 2020

Excellently presented by professor Mason, the course was well designed for on-line learning, I particularly liked the structure of the course, the Content and online tools, all making the learning of complex material so much easier.

By Evgeniia E

Jun 15, 2020

It is a fun, interesting and well-organized course that will be helpful for people with various levels of knowledge on the nervous system, even those who had already studied it in some way, or those who don't know anything about it.

Dec 16, 2016

I always learn new things!

This course is incredibly helpful, especially if you know a little about neuroscience and you are interested with brain issues. Highly recommended! (I am a senior student in Boğaziçi University psychology)

By Georgia K

Jan 31, 2022

I​ never had such a good course in my life. Dr. Peggy Mason is extraordinary and someone I could listen to the whole day. She has humor and explains everything so well. If she would have other courses, I would defintly follow these

By Mai S

Feb 10, 2019

One of the most informative, engaging and interesting courses I have ever attended. Dr. Peggy Mason's ability to explain this topic to laypeople is outstanding. I am very happy with how much I have learned and how enjoyable it was.

By Rebeca H L

Mar 15, 2021

This course is very interesting and very exciting!

Dr Mason´s explanations keep our attention from the beginning to the end and offers a strong base to understand the nervous system applied to our life in many aspects. I loved it!

By Juliana T

Aug 22, 2021

The lectures are INCREDIBLE!!! It was an amazing experience that gave me a lot of knowledge. The only down side is the some questions and answers are not very well formulated or match each other, but they are few and far between.

By Mehedi H A

Jul 16, 2020

This course has given a gd knowledge about neurobiology 💓. Dr. Paggy has done a tremendous job, thnx to her,,, i will appreciate everyone to go through this course fr a better conception in master of everything,, our brain🥰💯

By Mirjam M

Mar 4, 2018

Thank you so much Prof. Mason for sharing your knowledge so generously. I have really enjoyed this class and gained a better understanding of so many things in our bodies and our minds. I would recommend this class to everyone.

By Linna M

Nov 25, 2017

Peggy you are amazing!!! Thank you so much for teaching this course! I've learn a great amount from this course and decided to take neuroscience as my future career. Thank you, again, for leading me in! ----student from China.

By Arda D A

Aug 15, 2021

A very informative course, with a well-designed structer that can meet the learner in any level and improve them. I really enjoyyed and learned from this course and I would recommend it to anyone interrested in neurobiology.

By Viraj K

Sep 14, 2020

Amazing course, you have truly opened up a new career path for me, and Peggy Mason you are great and I am going to miss listening to your explantions, but hopefully in the world of Nuerobiology we will meet again! Thank You

By Jashmin s

Sep 20, 2021

I had a great time learning from Professor Peggy Mason. She has inspired me to learn more about this field. I would want to express my gratitude to Professor Peggy Manson for providing such an enlightening course. Thankyou.

By _ k

Jun 24, 2020

Amazing course, especially for beginners who don't have enough knowledge in neuroscience and/or human physiology. It was a fun experience for me, I enjoyed every moment of it, great work from Dr. Peggy Mason and her team.

By Naomi S

Apr 6, 2021

Peggy is awesome. I love her compassionate approach to the various neurological illnesses and a lot of her personal stories and examples, including about her cats, help to make the challenging material more relatable :).

By Alexey A

Oct 4, 2020

Colleagues, do not miss it out, this is probably the best course on the platform. Unbelievable, anatomical specimens were dissected just for the course. Also, there is a 2017 version on YouTube, do not miss that as well.

By Misael A A M

Oct 2, 2020

It's a fantastic course for introduction to your brain! This is the starting point if you wanna specialize into some very specific brain functions like sleeping, language learning/comprehension, as well as some diseases

By Khanh N

Oct 5, 2021

A fantastic course that has surely satisfied my neuroscience geekiness. Would definitely recommend for anyone who's eager to learn more about the brain and how neurobiology can be applied to just about any discipline!

By Isabel C F V

Oct 5, 2021

I really loved this course, all the lessons we saw I was able to relate them with persons that I know and now I understand the medical problem better. Very interesting topics. Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge.

By Zeynep B A

Sep 18, 2020

This course is challenging enough without being too hard. If you like learning and neurobiology, I fully recommend it. It is fun and worth your time, with detailed explanations and examples from real-life situations.

By jenny w

Jan 18, 2021

The best course that I ever took. It was so fascinating. I enjoyed it so much. Felt kind of sad to reach the last video. I have learned so much. Professor Manson is simply amazing. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

By Emily B

Aug 18, 2021

Professor Mason's enthusiasm for neurobiology is evident throughout this course. The classes were fascinating, and I really appreciated Professor Mason's embracing of neurodiversity and compassionate perspective.