Back to Python Data Structures

Python Data Structures, University of Michigan

About this Course

This course will introduce the core data structures of the Python programming language. We will move past the basics of procedural programming and explore how we can use the Python built-in data structures such as lists, dictionaries, and tuples to perform increasingly complex data analysis. This course will cover Chapters 6-10 of the textbook “Python for Everybody”. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Helpful assignments
(254 Reviews)
Excellent instructor
(503 Reviews)

By PM

Oct 08, 2017

assignment 9.4 auto grader not working .\n\nLTI unable to launch.\n\nerror message: This tool should be launched from a learning system using LTI.\n\ni am using chrome on mac book air 2 and python 3.6

By DA

Nov 10, 2017

I feel incredible that I knew almost nothing about programming just a month ago. Now I have done two of the courses of the specialization and I can actually understand other basic codes. Great course!

4,804 Reviews

By Ololade Esther Oladoyin

Excellent

By YIJIA Huang

Jan 16, 2019

Python data structures is the second course of "python for everybody" and I learned more from this course. I think I get closer to Python after this course. Now I clearly know what string, file, list, dictionary and tuple are and know how to use them properly. Plus, at the end of this course, finally I have understood the case which was shown at the beginning of the course. It was an amazing experience that after your perseverance and diligence of learning Python, you understand something you don't understand before. Last but not least, Dr. Chuck is a very excellent instructor and he can vividly show cases and important knowledge points. I'm very glad I can learn a lot from his online course.

By Zichao Yang

Jan 16, 2019

Not a challenge course. Not better than learn python the hard way.

By Karthick Murugesan

Interesting

By Qasem AbuSalameh

Jan 16, 2019

Very good course! I never did any programming first but this was very helpful!

By Keith McGrath

Jan 16, 2019

Really great course, lots of great information on the different data structures and example code to use them.

By Vinayak

Jan 16, 2019

Prof Charles has a great way of making learning fun. With good analogies, bonus interactive sessions with people related to computer industry and comprehensive lectures to drive the point home, this course is a treat to starters to nail their fundamentals.

By Carlos Junior Barros Amador

Jan 16, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By 韩飞龙

Jan 15, 2019

Great, but the assignment video is a little bit long

By Matthew Bennett

Jan 15, 2019

Outstanding class and an even better professor!