Back to Python Project for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Project for Data Science by IBM

This mini-course is intended to for you to demonstrate foundational Python skills for working with data. The completion of this course involves working on a hands-on project where you will develop a simple dashboard using Python. This course is part of the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate and the IBM Data Analytics Professional Certificate. PRE-REQUISITE: **Python for Data Science, AI and Development** course from IBM is a pre-requisite for this project course. Please ensure that before taking this course you have either completed the Python for Data Science, AI and Development course from IBM or have equivalent proficiency in working with Python and data. NOTE: This course is not intended to teach you Python and does not have too much instructional content. It is intended for you to apply prior Python knowledge....

VV
Aug 17, 2021

It was an awesome and very hard experience. I struggled a lot with the final assignments, which led to me learning a lot of new things and learning them good. I am giving this project/course 10/10.

CH
Feb 24, 2021

I enjoyed this class. It has less lecture and more figuring things out. It was not in my original certificate program, and I decided to go upgrade and pick it up. Glad I did.

176 - 200 of 213 Reviews for Python Project for Data Science

By kunal k s

Mar 28, 2021

pls....... provide some more video on web scraping and html

By Peter V

Mar 3, 2021

a bit too few instructions. However, was a good one.

By Francisco C

Mar 17, 2021

Fine course. I learn a lot of interesting topics.

By SERGIO R M

Jul 11, 2021

Interesting to learn about Python libraries

By Buu D T

May 27, 2021

Great

By Odontecete

Mar 6, 2021

3 stars--this class is not for beginners, repeat not for beginners and should not be included 1/2 way through this certification course. This is a class that needs to be moved to the end of the certification courses, where you understand about working with tags and attributes and know how to look up libraries. You need to inherently understand more than a brief introduction into some principals of Python. It's rated at "only taking about 3 hours", I spent 3 hours just researching how to get a table to populate because the labs don't tell you how to work with classes in HTML, nor how to write a loop to populate one. This is an middle of the road intermediate class, not a beginner one. If you are in this certificate and new to python and programming....wait until the end before completing it, I'm sure it will make a whole lot more sense.

By Thierry C

Mar 6, 2021

This course is absolutely not for beginners as it is already assumed that you know how to code with Python. While I did not really appreciate to be stranded in being forced to crawl the internet to find how to solved some exercices instead of being taught, I appreciated the Quizz format in this one. Instead of the usual impromptu quizz during a video, you must complete hands-on labs to give the answers which is great. Now, it has been tough on me because I am a Python beginner but for more advanced users, it might be fun. I just wish the lesson would recap at the beginning some of the features/functions which are going to be used during the lesson to ease a bit the stress during the labs. On the other hand, there are a lot of useless sections which really deserve to be grouped together.

By Joe L

Sep 14, 2021

I could not answer the 3rd question in the 2nd quiz , to 66.66% grade due to the following issue

Question 3

None of this values are present in the dataset

69 1-Jun-21 504.01 536.13 482.14 528.21 78,560,600 528.21 This the last value ordered by date, whithout sorted is

Date Sep 01, 2015 Open 109.35 High 111.24 Low 93.55 Close 103.26 Volume 497,401,200 Adj Close 103.26 Name: 69, dtype: object Please advise

By Laura M P

Mar 9, 2021

Mixed feelings .... appreciated the challenge, but I could never have finished without the sample code provided in the Discussion. Perhaps better to rename this "Web Scraping with Python" and provide a ton more examples of different scraping different websites and practice labs. On the other hand, it did get my feet wet and it gave me the motivation to figure this out further on my own.

By Joshua S

May 24, 2021

Good real world application of ideas and situations used in the life of a data analyist. I just dont like how coursera / the instructors vaguely answer questions. I am still not totally sure how to complete all the codes and I feel like we are tested on things we haven't been taught in the class.

By Shubhashish B

Mar 13, 2021

The content was very short and learning required lot of side research. This section is poorly designed, this is not how other coursera modules are designed. This seemed to be a rush job. Suggest adding more content and reduce the steep learning curve.

By Albert K

Apr 8, 2021

Some information like the links to the necessary data was hard to figure out, generally I learned a lot. I would recommend it anyone who wants to learn the harder way! It is intermediate, so beginners don't get headache

By Sam K

Apr 19, 2021

Definitely helpful but feels shoehorned into the Professional Data Science Certificate and more instructional material and videos to understand reasoning behind the elements of Webscraping would be beneficial.

By Klemen V

Mar 11, 2021

I already knew most topics. yfinance library was new to me and I fell it was not explained well. What it is, from where we get the data, is data updated? It was still fun doing analysis on real data.

By Saimon S

May 9, 2021

This course is not for absolute beginners. Some concepts are not briefly explained but they are needed to complete the assignment. If these things get better then this course can offer more.

By Matthew C

Apr 4, 2021

Needs an answer key or a better hint guide, this took way longer than it should have. There aren't enough coding drills in this course to be coding mostly from memory.

By Katrine T

Jun 15, 2021

I wouldn't call this course a "Python project"... it's more of a lab with exercises about the previous course ("Python for Data Science")

By Jon M G

Apr 19, 2021

I thought one of the questions required a skill that was not covered in the labs. Rest was pretty good.

By Xinrang S

Aug 8, 2021

It's more suitable for learners who have background in Python but not new learners.

By Krishanu P

Jun 1, 2021

I learnt about web scrapping but this course could be much better.