Back to Python Project for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Project for Data Science by IBM

4.4

This mini-course is intended to for you to demonstrate foundational Python skills for working with data. The completion of this course involves working on a hands-on project where you will develop a simple dashboard using Python. This course is part of the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate and the IBM Data Analytics Professional Certificate. PRE-REQUISITE: **Python for Data Science, AI and Development** course from IBM is a pre-requisite for this project course. Please ensure that before taking this course you have either completed the Python for Data Science, AI and Development course from IBM or have equivalent proficiency in working with Python and data. NOTE: This course is not intended to teach you Python and does not have too much instructional content. It is intended for you to apply prior Python knowledge....

CH
Feb 24, 2021

I enjoyed this class. It has less lecture and more figuring things out. It was not in my original certificate program, and I decided to go upgrade and pick it up. Glad I did.

OA
Mar 6, 2021

this course has been renewed. now with more content (videos also readings), it is a great course to learn about web scraping. valuable for getting datasets.

26 - 50 of 176 Reviews for Python Project for Data Science

By Aldair G

Feb 17, 2021

Hard but worthy

By John G

Mar 16, 2021

It's not as bad as many people wrote. It was challenging for me as a beginner to python, but it was possible to do if you took notes and reviewed the previous labs. I like that it included work that a financial analyst might have to do. What I didn't like was that in the final project, it wasn't completely clear what to take screen shots of (be sure to take them of ALL the graphs) and that a couple of the tasks were the same. I can't say that I know how to program in Python after this project, but I certainly learned a lot.

By Phạm N M H

May 31, 2021

Compare to the 4 previous courses in DS professional certificate, I'll say this course will worth your time, although the IBM stuff kinda piss me off. Through this course, you will understand what and how to crawl data from a web page - something you will usually hear like (crawl data from facebook, twitter,...etc) and you can play around with the notebook to get used to it and understand how to crawl data in the most efficiently way and a little bit of visualization

By Jacob B

Mar 7, 2021

This course was added to the curriculum for the IBM Data Science course while I was already enrolled in Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python. After finishing that course, Coursera wouldn't allow me to enroll in the next course, Data Analysis with Python. I was notified, "you are currently enrolled in an old version of the specialization. Upgrade the specialization to continue with your purchase." When I click to upgrade, there's an error. I assumed this was due to the addition of Python Project for Data Science, so I thought I would start this course instead of moving on to the next course. Coursera charged me $49 to add the Python Project for Data Science course, when I was under the impression that all courses are included in my subscription fee.

I do think it's important to be able to pull data from HTML, and how that process works was interesting. However, I found that the labs, especially the final assessment, did not follow very closely with the videos. This course required a lot more independent research when compared to other courses in the curriculum. There were multiple typos in the labs, and the whole thing felt thrown together as an afterthought. Now it's preventing me from enrolling in other courses until I figure out how to upgrade the version I'm enrolled in.

By Robert M

Feb 22, 2021

Nice to have a practical, but the environment is not as good as coding in an IDE which I think would be closer to real work experience. The instructions were sometimes confusing, sometimes didn't explain what to do properly, sometimes included functions that we didn't learn about and sometimes left out important details that were critical to write code that didn't fail. I think the course would improve if they could better simulate an software environment we'd find in a work place and if they polished up the instructions. I wasted so much time just trying to understand the instructions, googling how to do certain things that should've been taught in the course materials and looking through the discussion forums for why my code was failing which could've been avoided with better instructions.

By Stanislav

Feb 23, 2021

The course itself is nice and the material presented in the course is useful: you will learn how to obtain information from the websites directly with pything and will learn the very basics of the BeautifulSoup library.

But please, add more explainations about what the students are working with. I expect the course I paid for to actually teach me new features about the new (for me) python library, but not only force me to read the documentation on the internet and hectically look for answers on StackOverflow. It's good that a course should encourage such self-learning, but if it's only self-learning, then the course should be free.

By Nawaf A

Mar 4, 2021

This is my first time reviewing a course on Coursera since have already taken the first 5 courses in this specialization (excluding this, because they added it recently). This course is the worse by far. The material is very poor to the point where I literally googled everything. I hope someone from IBM read this to avoid such materials in the future.

By Daniel L

Mar 23, 2021

Feels like the class isn't done yet...no real instruction is given. Wouldn't mind if this was a free resource perhaps but if I am paying to take this I would at least expect some semblance of organization.

By João S

Mar 9, 2021

The test is not supported by what is learned on the module. It should be thoroughly revised. The goal of a test is not to trick a student but to check overall capabilities and even, TEACH

By Husan K T

Mar 23, 2021

Usually, I don't rate courses cause I don't have this kinda ability to reflex, but this course is different. It got a lot of negative rates and opinions that it's kinda too difficult. But I completed this course within one day and all the previous courses in specialization and even the latest one are enough. And course project is very interesting, giving real world scenario. Thanks for the course team!

By Alpesh G

Jun 30, 2021

This Python Project for Data Science course helped me in understanding BeautifulSoup library and its real life used cases. Web Scrapping is also very well explained. The use of Plotly library also gave great insights in the form of charts and graph. Looking forward to explore more into this newly acquired skill set. Thank you IBM and Coursera for this great course and access to IBM Watson Studio.

By Noel A S

Mar 18, 2021

This course was pretty challenging, but also very fulfilling once completed. Taking it has definitely boosted my confidence in tackling the rest of this course. Since this is relatively new, the initial reviews that I read had me skeptical about the content, but it looks like whatever problems there may have been have now been ironed out - and I'm thankful for it!

By Rabot'ko D N

May 6, 2021

Hi! This is a great course! It is desirable to have at least a basic knowledge of python. Even without any skills, I recommend this course, it takes you from the basics of the language to the very essence of its use. I happily remembered what I knew, repeated it, and gained new knowledge. Thank you for this course!

By Маричев И С

Mar 6, 2021

In comparison with other IBM courses, this one is objectively weaker, due to the small amount of information provided. At the same time, it is always useful to repeat parsing materials, and laboratory materials are beyond praise. Upfront 5 stars, but recommend deepening the course.

By Samuel K N

Mar 25, 2021

I've enjoyed the course more than I was expecting. I believe they have upgraded it, looking at previous reviews.

I liked that we had to look at libraries to get the slight changes to the code taught in previous courses.

I also think the time pressure is a good gauge to get it done.

By Robert H

Mar 14, 2021

Loved it. Webscraping is one of the core skills that I've been wanting to learn, so I love that you guys created this new minicourse to give more focus to it! Great that you used the ongoing Tesla and GameStop stock news to make the subject matter topical too!

By Manoj M

Mar 29, 2021

It was a good course with a good project on web scrapping from a stock and revenue websites to practice and complete the course. bit confident on API requests, Web scrapping of tables in the website after completing this course

By Brian C

Mar 18, 2021

This was excellent, I really needed an opportunity to apply the techniques learned so far and this was an excellent example. Well guided, but didn't totally hold your hand - was good to get me thinking.

By Elsa H

Jun 11, 2021

From this level, I feel it started getting difficult and a few challenges. However, I have learned something from this course, good to practice and see how much fundamental knowledge that I learned.

By Anita C

Mar 10, 2021

I think the course is quite good. I helps me to put what I've learnt previously into practice and web scraping is a quite useful skill at work or do something for your own need.

By Rodrigo H G

Mar 15, 2021

Excellent hands-on execise! Needs only to be a little more polished on the HTML scraping, since sometimes it is not that simple to collect data from a site.

By Michael S

Jul 9, 2021

This was an amazing course. I have always wanted to learn how to webscrape and now i have decent understanding of how pythong can be used to assist

By Preetam B

Apr 27, 2021

This is something Good to learn. It tells how the small projects start in the professional world. Nice addition to the professional certificate.

By Lee D

Apr 15, 2021

Some parts were a bit out of scope for the week's lesson but they required me to investigate further. All in all, this was an excellent project.

By Vincent H

Jul 20, 2021

i think why folks get confused because they dont have a toolkits in prior to complete this course, i mean this course is okay