Back to Python Project for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Project for Data Science by IBM

4.4

This mini-course is intended to for you to demonstrate foundational Python skills for working with data. The completion of this course involves working on a hands-on project where you will develop a simple dashboard using Python. This course is part of the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate and the IBM Data Analytics Professional Certificate. PRE-REQUISITE: **Python for Data Science, AI and Development** course from IBM is a pre-requisite for this project course. Please ensure that before taking this course you have either completed the Python for Data Science, AI and Development course from IBM or have equivalent proficiency in working with Python and data. NOTE: This course is not intended to teach you Python and does not have too much instructional content. It is intended for you to apply prior Python knowledge....

CH
Feb 24, 2021

I enjoyed this class. It has less lecture and more figuring things out. It was not in my original certificate program, and I decided to go upgrade and pick it up. Glad I did.

OA
Mar 6, 2021

this course has been renewed. now with more content (videos also readings), it is a great course to learn about web scraping. valuable for getting datasets.

126 - 150 of 173 Reviews for Python Project for Data Science

By Sh T

May 2, 2021

It's a great course, but it's too complicated and is lacking a lot of information despite being asked in the final quiz. I had to spend many hours on the quiz and guessing different ways to solve the problems. It's unfair to ask things in the quiz which are not referred to in the course as many of us are beginners.

By GK M

Jun 6, 2021

Python project is a good for getting a good understanding of web scrapping, getting hands'on on all concepts of data management using Python. It needs critical thinking to provide best and efficient solution to a problem as Python offers multiple way to solve same problem with different level of complexity

By Xavier B

Feb 17, 2021

More difficult than other courses in the cursus, but more realistic too, need to search on google, stackoverflow and so on. Final assignment lets us try many ideas. Remember course 1, we need to be curious. Four stars because I had some bugs while taking first quiz.

By Diego A M

Jun 30, 2021

A nice project to put into practice a few of the things covered in the previous courses. Still I would recommend stressing the importance of python knowledge for this one though.

By Eric Y

Mar 10, 2021

It was cool to work on an interesting project and familiarize myself with web scraping. The labs and final were challenging, but that made it rewarding when it worked out.

By Eddie C L

Feb 17, 2021

The project needs some Python coding concept which is not covered in previous section, may be hard for first time programmer.

By Fredrik S

Mar 15, 2021

Loved the course. Super hard for me and I liked it. It was a good challenge with real world examples. Learned a lot.

By David A M D

Apr 27, 2021

The Hands-on labs weren't working correctly, and you have little time to complete everything.

By Gautham S N

Jun 23, 2021

I​f there was more guidance for the solutions it would have been amore constructive lesson.

By Sanskar P

Mar 24, 2021

Nice course to check out the practicality of the tasks performed in real case scenarios.

By Manjiri S

Mar 29, 2021

Well designed course to understand the basics of Web scraping.

By kunal k s

Mar 28, 2021

pls....... provide some more video on web scraping and html

By Peter V

Mar 3, 2021

a bit too few instructions. However, was a good one.

By Francisco C

Mar 17, 2021

Fine course. I learn a lot of interesting topics.

By SERGIO R M

Jul 11, 2021

Interesting to learn about Python libraries

By Buu D T

May 27, 2021

Great

By Odontecete

Mar 6, 2021

3 stars--this class is not for beginners, repeat not for beginners and should not be included 1/2 way through this certification course. This is a class that needs to be moved to the end of the certification courses, where you understand about working with tags and attributes and know how to look up libraries. You need to inherently understand more than a brief introduction into some principals of Python. It's rated at "only taking about 3 hours", I spent 3 hours just researching how to get a table to populate because the labs don't tell you how to work with classes in HTML, nor how to write a loop to populate one. This is an middle of the road intermediate class, not a beginner one. If you are in this certificate and new to python and programming....wait until the end before completing it, I'm sure it will make a whole lot more sense.

By Thierry C

Mar 6, 2021

This course is absolutely not for beginners as it is already assumed that you know how to code with Python. While I did not really appreciate to be stranded in being forced to crawl the internet to find how to solved some exercices instead of being taught, I appreciated the Quizz format in this one. Instead of the usual impromptu quizz during a video, you must complete hands-on labs to give the answers which is great. Now, it has been tough on me because I am a Python beginner but for more advanced users, it might be fun. I just wish the lesson would recap at the beginning some of the features/functions which are going to be used during the lesson to ease a bit the stress during the labs. On the other hand, there are a lot of useless sections which really deserve to be grouped together.

By Laura M P

Mar 9, 2021

Mixed feelings .... appreciated the challenge, but I could never have finished without the sample code provided in the Discussion. Perhaps better to rename this "Web Scraping with Python" and provide a ton more examples of different scraping different websites and practice labs. On the other hand, it did get my feet wet and it gave me the motivation to figure this out further on my own.

By Joshua S

May 24, 2021

Good real world application of ideas and situations used in the life of a data analyist. I just dont like how coursera / the instructors vaguely answer questions. I am still not totally sure how to complete all the codes and I feel like we are tested on things we haven't been taught in the class.

By Shubhashish B

Mar 13, 2021

The content was very short and learning required lot of side research. This section is poorly designed, this is not how other coursera modules are designed. This seemed to be a rush job. Suggest adding more content and reduce the steep learning curve.