Back to Queering Identities: LGBTQ+ Sexuality and Gender Identity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Queering Identities: LGBTQ+ Sexuality and Gender Identity by University of Colorado System

In this course, you will explore the history of LGBTQ identities, experiences, and activism. We’ll study major events in global LGBTQ history, investigate local histories of queer and transgender people and communities, and consider how LGBTQ histories have helped shape broader conversations about civil rights, equality, and justice....

TP

May 14, 2020

Got a better perspective of LGBTQ+ community and it was a well informed course altogether. Came across many new terminologies and etiquette related to the community, which I was unaware of.

AV

Jun 15, 2020

This course gave me a clear idea about the terminologies and pronouns regarding queer people. and also about the issues queer people faces in our society.

1 - 25 of 49 Reviews for Queering Identities: LGBTQ+ Sexuality and Gender Identity

By Treesa P

May 14, 2020

By Raina B T

Aug 04, 2020

This course was very informative and I learned a lot. However, the way the course is structured is an issue. Why is it that I can only complete the quizzes in the course if I pay 50 dollars to gain a course certificate? I am taking the courses on Coursera to learn about things that I won't learn in school, not to get the certificate and recognition or credit. I want to be able to make sure that I gained the knowledge that I was supposed to gain without being required to pay fifty dollars to do so. I would have given this course five stars if it had been structured like all of the other courses that I have taken on Coursera, with the quizzes available even without purchasing the certificate for the course.

By Sky L

Jun 23, 2020

This course does not let you submit your answers to quiz without upgrading first. This is very unfortunate as it seemed like a great course up until this point. Hopefully in the future this course will be accessible to people who are this point are not ready or are unable to upgrade to pay for a course certificate (before completion).

By Yuvraj S

Jul 17, 2020

It was such a great and diverse course. I got to know about so many different issues that queer people face and I didn't even know about. I am a queer boy who grew up in a homophobic country. And it wasn't legal to be homosexual in my country until last year. LGBTQIA+ issues are not openly discussed in my country so I was unaware of a lot of things. I didn't even know about all the identities that exist. And this course helped me learn that and much more. It was truly enlightening and I am grateful to both professor Dr. Katie and Dr. Jacob for creating this wonderful course!

By Eleni A

Mar 01, 2020

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to not only take this course but be exposed to the wealth of knowledge that both lecturer's provided as well as the interviews and resources that were made available after every lecture. I am not from the USA so that exposure was fantastic and I feel far more well rounded and educated and more so,mindful when talking to any individual Thank you very much.

By Srishti S

Jul 13, 2020

A very informative and interesting course. I learned a lot of new things in this course about the LGBTQ+ community. Highly recommended by everyone who wants to know more about the community. The instructors were also really nice and very well aware regarding the subject at hand

By Dr. G

Jun 12, 2020

It is a wonderful course. Before joining the course I was confused about the LGBTQ issues and its theories. Now i have a lot of resources and reading material provided by Coursera. I can expand it in my research. Thank you very much for the insightful course.

By Animesh B

Jan 08, 2020

The course lived up to its objectives of creating awareness about sexuality and gender identity. It helped develop understanding about the latest issues and challenges in the queer space and provided great online resources to learn more on the topic.

By Karen A S

Nov 10, 2019

Taught me quite a bit about a culture that I have lived in for over 50 years. I mistakenly believe “I knew a lot about the LBGT+ culture”. I was wrong. I am much more savvy about the LBGT+ world and the changes that continue to happen with my world.

By Vladyslav I

Apr 08, 2020

I'm very grateful for the course instructors a valuable knowledge I tend to use while being a youth/social worker.

Moreover, the course materials allow me to reflect on my personal views and perceptions about gender social norms and practices.

By Bharath

Apr 29, 2020

The course really enlightens the knowledge of LGBTQ+ community. It explains the terms, definitions and the ideas in a well versed clear cut ways and the sources given for the reading is really helpful. I would recommend this course 5/5.

By Nikolaos L

May 15, 2020

This course is very interesting and intriguing. It offers an excellent introduction to LGBTIQ+ history, terminology and theories. It is highly recommended to those who want to work in LGBTIQ+ activism and research.

By ISADORA M G

Jul 24, 2020

This course was great! I learned a lot and the resources were amazing. Thank you so much for the opportunity. Here in Chile we have lot to learn and not a lot of places or courses to get informed.

By Eva T

Jul 29, 2020

The course material was informative and I enjoyed learning about this topic, the professors were also clear in relaying the material. All in all, it was great!

By Arya V

Jun 15, 2020

By Aleena V

Jun 14, 2020

It was such a wonderful journey with two exceptional professors....had a great time...ur way of presentation is inexplicable.... thankyou!!♥️♥️♥️

By Kayla M

Jul 01, 2020

Fantastic course! Learning about queer theory was so interesting. Kudos for including so many unique voices and perspectives.

By Victor B

Really enjoyed the course for its insightful, critical and multifarious lens of understanding the trajectory of LGBTQIA

By Daniela P S C

Jul 27, 2020

Maravilloso! Excelente contenido, realmente aprendí muchísimo.

Estoy muy feliz y agradecida de les profesores :)

By Nikolaos P

This course offers valuable knowledge in a scientific way while explaining everything in simple terms.

By Daniela H A

Jul 30, 2020

Very complete and interesting, I loved that you could always learn more with the optional readings

By Carlos E C G

Es un muy buen curso, da las perspectivas correctas y dirige al estudiante a donde se quiere llegar

By Jelicia S

Apr 28, 2020

I learned a lot of important history and terminology that I'll be able to use in the workforce.

By Luis F V d A

It was a pleasent experience. I really recommend to everyone who's interested in sexuality.

By Flavio M G

Jun 07, 2020

Very interesting, useful and awakening course. I really thank the teachers.