Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

WH

Feb 03, 2016

"R Programming" forces you to dive in deep.\n\nThese skills serve as a strong basis for the rest of the data science specialization.\n\nMaterial is in depth, but presented clearly. Highly recommended!

EJ

Jul 12, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

251 - 275 of 3,976 Reviews for R Programming

By Subhankar J

Aug 16, 2017

the assignments might be a little bit difficult for beginners to start with but that is what which will trigger a hacker in you and in turn will compel you find the answers and explore new and innovative ways of solving highly convoluted problems

By YUTING W

Apr 03, 2016

You can learn basic functions of R and do practical assignments on your own. However, the assignments are a little bit challenging, and students need to take some time to figure it out, especially for people who are not familiar with programming.

By badal s

May 23, 2020

Undoubtedly the best course on Coursera! This course is great fun, challenging, and loads of learning! I highly recommend this course to all the learners! Thanks to the instructors and the Johns Hopkins University for such a magneficient course!

By Luca B

Jun 05, 2020

Very useful course for beginners and intermediate users of R. It gives some very important insights about the infinite potential of this programming language. Definitely recommended for people who use R for professional and/or academic reasons.

By Hugo S

Mar 27, 2020

Great introductory course in R. Swirl is a very good introductory method for learning R by 'doing it'. The set of exercises were great (allow us to explore R in a more deep level), with very detailed and easy to follow instructions. Recommend!

By Yatin M

Oct 20, 2016

Excellent introduction to R Programming...whether you are taking it stand-alone, as part of the data scientist specialization or want to ease into the machine learning side of things . The swirl() exercises are a helpful add. Kudos to the team.

By James H

Feb 09, 2016

This course provides a great overiew to introductory R programming. Since taking the course, I have successfully used the precepts learned here for a number of analysis projects. Coupled with ggplot2 graphics, the results became self-evident.

By Juan M E R d A N R

Jul 09, 2020

Great course. But please consider including a reading version of the video lecture, (not the same as the transcript) just like in the previous course (The Data Scientist Tool Box). I found those reading versions of the lectures really useful!

By Marely T R A

Apr 24, 2019

Great course, I loved the SWIRL module. It was awesome. The videos were great and the examples really well though. The instructor has a great voice, he should consider a side job as a narrator, he could do it great.

Honestly, I just loved it.

By Akshay W

Jun 27, 2020

I like this course so much.just because when I was doing this course I have learnt so many thing that will help me in future and thankyou so much sorry for giving me this opportunity.i will surely do more course and learn new thing from you.

By Gerson G

Apr 27, 2020

This course will provide you with fundamental knowledge about R. It does not only teach you how to do things, but why to do them and it also covers how R works behind the scenes. This is valuable knowledge for anyone wanting to work with it.

By John M M

Dec 07, 2017

It was a nice programming course to start with although did not have prior skills in programming. I believe that I will use the knowledge to improve my programming skills and hopefully become a data scientist and an expert on R programming

By Rick B

Feb 07, 2016

This course was set out in such a way that it was very easy for me to follow. I hope that all the courses in this Specialization will be as well planned and structured as this one. It was very easy to learn the very basics of R programming.

By VISHAL D

Excellent course ! i aready know about R but this class very help me .i learn a ot of R basic , but i was completely lost for week 2+ 4 write functiom assignment - they strike at the level too high level for complete tye beginner for me

By Tomasz S

Jul 21, 2017

This course is easy at the beggining. And difficult at the end. I try to do it at least 2. I will recommend it to all the people who would like to get knowledge in programming and in data science. To these who are curious about the world.

By Dariusz R

Feb 07, 2016

Great course! I got previously some basics in R and this course helped me a lot with more effective programming in R. Especially, thank you for great lectured "functions" module, because I never understood it and now it seems much easier.

By Gregorio P V

Aug 29, 2020

It´s an excellent course, please take in mind that the effort necesary to finish this course is bigger than the effort applied in the previous one, The Data science´s Toolbox, but the knowledge obtained is very pertinent to data analysis

By Fahad Y

Nov 23, 2019

Indubitably a great starting point for someone who is new to R programming language. The course curriculum is so intutive and well decorated such that it was a challenging task for someone like me who belongs to a CS graduate background.

By Abhyudai M

Aug 02, 2017

The best part of the course is swirl. It allows me to refresh my concepts at any point of time as the library is installed in my system. Apart from that this course has a very refined structure which has avoided complexity and confusion.

By Valinho A

Aug 25, 2020

It's help alot for gaining confidence in my R programming skills. I don't say that it is not for the beginner, but they will need more time, effort and motivation to finish this course. Thanks, Coursera and Roger Peng for the insights!

By Mohammad A S

Jun 12, 2020

Really loved the assignment. I wasn't familiar with R before, but the complexity of the assignments made me dive deep.

I don't know too much about data science. But, I think in the real-world scenario I will face these type of problems.

By William G C

Jan 23, 2017

An amazing course! I have had some experience programming in R but this course helped me take my programming to the next step. I highly recommend this course for any level of programmer. It is a great course to have in your back pocket.

By Tania M T

Apr 05, 2020

Great course! Really useful. It can get difficult at some points, I found that the course doesn't prepare you so well for the assignments if you don't have any background knowledge in programming. However, it is a great course to take.

By Eric J

Feb 27, 2020

Overall a very good class. It provides a good introduction to the R programming language with assignments that prompt you to use these skills. However to become proficient more practice is required, just like any programming language.

By Rodrigo A D

Sep 18, 2017

It brought to me not only the technical ability to work with R but also reminded me of the conceptual gaps I have to fulfill in order to be a better data scientist, more specifically regarding the depth of the knowledge of Statistics.