Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

WH
Feb 2, 2016

"R Programming" forces you to dive in deep.\n\nThese skills serve as a strong basis for the rest of the data science specialization.\n\nMaterial is in depth, but presented clearly. Highly recommended!

EJ
Jul 11, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

301 - 325 of 4,146 Reviews for R Programming

By David B

Feb 26, 2016

Great Course that introduces to R Programming. The level is high but not too difficult.

It introduces to different Programming methods (new to me that come from Functional/Object-Oriented Programming Languages and environments)

By Julien C

Feb 28, 2018

Its really well concieved. I didn't have to have past experience in statistics to learn R, yet since I do have some background, it was fun to mess around with it.

I learned enough to get me started with R. Thank you very much.

By Diana H

Nov 25, 2020

I am so glad that I took this course, I have learned very useful R coding skills. Some assignments were challenging, but this has made me learn better. Big thanks to the instructors and for the helpful community and mentors.

By F R

Mar 5, 2019

Really nice introduction to a different programing language. To me that have a background in frontend and web backend language, it was a little different and nice introduction to mathematical/statistical programing language.

By Daniel P

Sep 27, 2019

I am really very happy for completing the course. The difficulty level of the assignments can be scary at first glance, but with the help of the mentors in the forum and their complementary lectures, they become achievable.

By Ben G

Nov 6, 2016

Very good introduction to R, and its use of data structures, indexing, logical arguments, lexical scoping etc. The problems at the end really ensure you come away from this course with sufficient knowledge. Would recommend.

By Alex W

Feb 16, 2016

This is a really useful course on the basics of R programming. The instruction is clear and friendly to novice programmer. Certainly, this course only opens the door for you, more useful stuff will be learned from practice.

By Ricardo A C C

Jul 17, 2020

Excelente, seria bueno que en los foros de discusion o en un apartado llamado recursos, se tuviera un tutorial en donde se den algunos tips o ayudas al momento de escribir codigo para las tareas de programacion asignadas.

By Daniel B

Aug 8, 2017

A great introduction, my only suggestion would be to add pdf notes to the 3rd and 4th weeks so the course could be totally self-contained. This is not a real issue, however, because the book is provided for free/donation.

By Vineet J

Oct 15, 2016

its very good course and I seriously inspired the way it teaches me, first time I opened R programming and now I am little more comfortable, hope and wish I will continue my zeal toward data science, thanks for the course

By Sandheep R

May 9, 2020

Excellent teaching method. Achieved the target I was hoping to get through this course. Some of the programming assignments were very challenging but nevertheless with the provided guidance, it is well within the limit.

By Ozan B

Dec 29, 2016

Very Good for beginners. I learned basics in R in a short time. I recommend to finish all project without help, it seems hard first but after some thinking and research they helped me to understand R language structures

By Jagat R S

Feb 1, 2019

Great course, helped me polishing my existing knowledge of R as well learnt so many new useful things. Many Thanks :)

Also, do consider practice on 'swirl', awesome package although the course says it is not compulsory.

By Wiktor Z

Sep 19, 2017

Very comprehensive, although might be challenging for beginners. The 1st assignment seems to be much beyond the material supplemented in first chapter. Second assignment is not so much useful for the course as a whole.

By Thomas P S A O P

Sep 11, 2017

This course is so helpful for me learning another programming language. The course materials are well-prepared so I can learn it quickly. And now I want to enroll other courses focused on Data Scientist Specialization.

By Pierre B

Dec 28, 2016

R programming language is introduced with all the functions and techniques that can be used for data science. The exercises and assignments are very nice to work on and help to better understand the power of functions.

By Harsha H

Apr 30, 2020

It was a nice experience in being a part of Coursera. The R programming helped me a lot in improving my skills.It was a nice platform for the learners. I am so grateful for providing this oppurtunity.

Sincere Thanks .

By William L

Mar 31, 2018

Excellent programming exercises! I highly recommend this course. It's not your typical introduction to R Programming. Don't let the name fool you. The exercises will challenge you if you are new to R programming.

By Sai S

some of the assignment I thought difficult cause they were not related to the video lectures, but then you see the discussion forms are always useful, just be patient with the assignments.

Really enjoyed this Course.

By Niklas v d A

Aug 23, 2017

Very good course. For me, subsetting, filtering and ordering data is a very frequent task. Thus, it would have been even better to go into more detail in this regard; or it would have been nice to see more examples.

By Angelina B

Nov 11, 2017

It is a very helpful course with a lot of useful examples from real life and programming exercises. This course will imrove your theoretical background in R and allow you to put newly acquired skills into practice.

By SATAKSHI R

Oct 27, 2018

Thank you so much for giving such a nice platform to learn and improve my skills. The lectures and videos and assignments really improved my R skills and I enjoyed solving each and every task given in the course.

By Frederick C

Nov 13, 2016

I have taken R classes in grad school. I can honestly say that I have throughly learned R from this course. I like the approach and the background foundation that they setup to learn the rest of the language.

By Muhammad I U

Apr 26, 2020

A good course. Best for those who have knowledge of R programming or some other. However, a beginner has to do a lot of work. Functions related assignments are relatively difficult compared to the course taught.

By Cody A R

Mar 24, 2020

This course was very good. Especially for coding assignments, I think that being able to view possible solutions would be a bonus. Often times the grades page says "see feedback below", but there is no feedback.