Back to R Programming

R Programming, Johns Hopkins University

About this Course

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

By WH

Feb 03, 2016

"R Programming" forces you to dive in deep.\n\nThese skills serve as a strong basis for the rest of the data science specialization.\n\nMaterial is in depth, but presented clearly. Highly recommended!

By EJ

Jul 12, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

2,703 Reviews

By Radoslaw Srubkowski

Mar 21, 2019

Love the practical aspect of learning with swirl.

By Tobias Haftner

Mar 21, 2019

In general, the course enabled me to understand the semantic and syntax and be able to process data with it, using basic functions.

I also want to highlight that I really liked "swirl" and it is a great tool to get into the subject!

Where I would encourage you to do better are:

* the slides of the ppts are in low resolution and the fonts are two small in my opionen (there are also no colours)

* Dr. Roger D. Peng did not speak that clearly and often he go muddled.

* The assignment in week 3 is pourly explained and only some further explanation in the forum could clearify the major aspects. Also it was quite unclear for me, how it is related to the learning content of week 3.

By Yuemin Li

great course

By Ninad Kukadapwar

Mar 21, 2019

Good course for Beginners.

By Seyedabbas Shakibajam

Mar 21, 2019

The lectures are extremely boring! I am just watching them to make them green! I have to watch other lectures and read more by myself to understand the subject. I am sorry to say it that direct, but having a robot reading through the slides would not change anything!

By Diego Garcia Lopez

Mar 20, 2019

Course Conent is good but somewhat superficial and not aligned with assignments, there is a significant time spent learning coding outside of the course. Nothing wrong with that but it's worth setting expectations correctly.

By Edgar Rafael Hermoso Pérez

Mar 20, 2019

Very easy form to learn R with this course

By Patrícia Alves Fernandes

Mar 20, 2019

Great course. Very important for all the persons that have interest in this area.

By Shubham Sunil Patil