Back to R Programming

R Programming, Johns Hopkins University

About this Course

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

By EJ

Jul 12, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

By AK

May 27, 2017

This was very engaging, however, the level of expectation and effort needed is much greater than course 1 - ToolBox.\n\nThis is perhaps the best course on R Programming designed for a small duration.

2,592 Reviews

By Raj S. Desai

Jan 16, 2019

Excellent Course..

By Ricardo Serrano

Jan 16, 2019

Great introduction to R programming and functions. Looking forward to learn and sharpen my programming skills!

By Hyeseon Seo

Jan 15, 2019

This course was quite demanding for beginner(Especially the assignment..) it would be nice if there is more detail explaination and guideline for the assignments. But i learned a lot from this course and swirl practices were really helpful for me to understand all the functions on R. Highly recommend this course

By Amarendra Singh

Jan 14, 2019

Well structured and crafted for a beginner to learn R programming and get a go ahead expertise in the language.

By Samer Mestom

Jan 13, 2019

Good recovery startup for old programmers

By Afsal Najeeb

Jan 10, 2019

Very good course. The lectures introduce you to R step by step while the swirl exercises give you a hands on experience on the console. Creating interactive tools in R would have been a useful addition

By Camila Maria Francischinelli Fernandez

Jan 08, 2019

R Programming is explained in a simple way and the practical exercises are key part of the learning.

By Glenn Walters

Jan 08, 2019

I learned a lot. I have programming experience, but it was 20 years ago. I would have enjoyed the course more if there had been more focused and relevant examples. The syntax of R is not straightforward and my style of learning likes to have examples to reference. The R Programming book is helpful, but i found myself using a lot of other reference material and I would have moved thru the class faster (and with less frustration) had the presentations had more relevant examples.

By Bruno Rafael de Carvalho Santos

Jan 07, 2019

This course is quite difficult for someone starting on programming, however, the instructors provided a great deal of resources to help the students. So it is worth the challenge. Even the experienced in other programming languages may benefit. It is a true "From novice to professional".

By Aman Ullah

Jan 07, 2019

A very well suitable course for beginners.