Back to How to Manage a Remote Team

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How to Manage a Remote Team by GitLab

Remote management is much more than just implementing a work-from-home policy. In this course, you’ll learn and apply remote work best practices, build your remote work policy, and prepare your team for success. This course is ideal for current managers, executives, and human resources professionals who want to learn how to lead and support a high-functioning, scalable remote team. GitLab is one of the world’s largest all-remote organizations; experts from throughout the company will guide you through in-depth lessons for leaders, people managers, and HR professionals to build, manage, and scale. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Lead in a remote environment - Build a remote organizational culture and practices - Assess teams’ and managers’ readiness and preparation for remote work - Create a foundational strategy for executing a remote transformation For the final project in this course, you will create a real or hypothetical strategic plan to transition a team to remote operation. You will assess your organization's remote maturity and infrastructure, and identify the best team structure for remote operation — including determining whether to use an all-remote or remote-friendly model. You'll outline plans for documentation, education, leadership, and equipment or resource needs for your unique organization. This is an intermediate-level course, intended for learners who have previous experience managing or leading people. To succeed in this course, you should have at least one year of management experience. No remote experience is required....

JB
Jun 15, 2021

Amazing! I am happy to see how it is possible to obtain good results by sharing with plurality and concern for inclusion. I learned a lot, with direct practical use in my current roles in my company.

MS
Jan 18, 2021

Thank you for this opportunity. I learned a lot from this Course.This is very relevant. I will definitely recommend this course to my workmates and peers who are currently working from their homes.

126 - 150 of 174 Reviews for How to Manage a Remote Team

By er i

Aug 12, 2021

v​ery detailed and helpful content

By Jackie P

Mar 23, 2021

This course was a real eye opener.

By Jānis B

Nov 25, 2021

It makes you confident in remote!

By Zilá C

Apr 27, 2021

Super practical and instructive!

By Sangita B

Sep 30, 2020

This course was very enriching.

By Bogdan V

Nov 12, 2020

One of the best I ever did

By Thida M

Jun 9, 2021

By Dany B

Nov 26, 2020

Very well prepared Course

By Jenny

Oct 28, 2020

Great course learnt a lot

By javier g

Jan 24, 2021

Excellent

By Yuval G

Aug 23, 2021

This is a good course to learn the basics of remote work management. I think that what makes this course a "must" to take for everyone who is interested in going remote is that it is provided by GitLab management, means a personal that is actually doing this everyday and are one of the only organizations in the world that is doing it 100% and proud of if enough to be 100% transparent with their procedures. Other than that, the course is well structures with high quality videos.

I gave 4 stars as I'm a little bit disappointed from the professional content. I expected to learn best practices, challenges and solutions from Gitlab management that I'm sure they have a lot what to say about it, but instead the content was very abstract, every talk is just a summary of a dry documentation and most of the content is pretty obvious without any special insights.

I think it would be much better if the team would present and discuss about case studies, real challenges they had faced, what is not going well now and they work to improve? any crisis? about real risks and so on. The videos are very short, and I suggest to add this content and even turn this course to be paid if that's what is needed.

Also, the home assignments was very easy - too much easy. I think that without going over any lecture I would get to grade 90 at least. I expected it to be more complex and more challenging.

The bottom line is that this course is a "worth to take" course and I recommend it to anyone that is managing a remote team or plan to do so.