Back to How to Manage a Remote Team

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How to Manage a Remote Team by GitLab

Remote management is much more than just implementing a work-from-home policy. In this course, you’ll learn and apply remote work best practices, build your remote work policy, and prepare your team for success. This course is ideal for current managers, executives, and human resources professionals who want to learn how to lead and support a high-functioning, scalable remote team. GitLab is one of the world’s largest all-remote organizations; experts from throughout the company will guide you through in-depth lessons for leaders, people managers, and HR professionals to build, manage, and scale. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Lead in a remote environment - Build a remote organizational culture and practices - Assess teams’ and managers’ readiness and preparation for remote work - Create a foundational strategy for executing a remote transformation For the final project in this course, you will create a real or hypothetical strategic plan to transition a team to remote operation. You will assess your organization's remote maturity and infrastructure, and identify the best team structure for remote operation — including determining whether to use an all-remote or remote-friendly model. You'll outline plans for documentation, education, leadership, and equipment or resource needs for your unique organization. This is an intermediate-level course, intended for learners who have previous experience managing or leading people. To succeed in this course, you should have at least one year of management experience. No remote experience is required....

JB
Jun 15, 2021

Amazing! I am happy to see how it is possible to obtain good results by sharing with plurality and concern for inclusion. I learned a lot, with direct practical use in my current roles in my company.

SF
May 26, 2021

A solid course, even for somebody with extensive experience in managing remotely. This will help you move your department or company on the right path to a remote work structure that works for you.

76 - 100 of 174 Reviews for How to Manage a Remote Team

By Kelly M

Nov 3, 2020

A very enlightening course. It took me places that I would not have gone regarding this topic. Good stuff!

By Juan B

Dec 29, 2020

Fue un curso que me brindó mucha más información y conocimiento del que esperaba sobre el trabajo remoto.

By John W

Nov 30, 2020

Excellent Course. I had looked at Gitlab remote work previously and I still learned a lot in the course.

By Noha A

Mar 4, 2021

This course is really helpful and I highly recommend it to managers and HR professionals, Thank you

By Cornelius I

Oct 15, 2020

I am really impressed by the quality of this course. Super relevant information and great insights.

By James R

Dec 13, 2020

Great course that puts you through the effort of building a plan to implement. Would reccomend.

By Antoni A

Dec 10, 2020

Quite nice! With good tips, information and from a company who really understands remote work.

By Feyzan D

Sep 16, 2021

This is a great module to prepare your team for the remote work. Kudos to GitLab for sharing.

By Felipe R C

Jan 11, 2021

I recommend this course 100%, more in the context that we are today because of the pandemic.

By Donivan F

Aug 25, 2021

N​ice course on some of the unexpected challenges and solutions for managing a remote team.

By Ing. P G

Apr 12, 2021

good course makes expertise available to solve problems we might all have due to cover -19

By Isha R

Mar 8, 2021

It was worth spending my time on this course as I got to learn a lot in a short duration.

By Quang N Q

Feb 24, 2021

Extremely useful content! Realistic management approach should be applied to businesses!

By Gary H

Dec 28, 2020

This is a step by step guide presented by people that know what they are talking about.

By Bogdan D

Jan 14, 2021

This course introduces new ways of work and a whole different standard for management.

By mary w

Apr 1, 2021

Excellent Course! Definitely worth my time.

Great training approach, relevant content

By Iryna I

Aug 29, 2021

One of the best (if not the absolutely best) courses on remote working environment

By Angie I

Jul 7, 2021

I loved the training. The resources are going to be a great tool moving forward.

By Bram v d K

Nov 11, 2020

This really helped me deal with the forced transition to remote during covid19

By Christiane A

Oct 14, 2021

Really great well designed course with loads of useful information and advice

By Javier A M

Jan 26, 2021

excellent course, as an initiation to the remote work implementation process.

By Dhinakar P

Apr 26, 2021

Excellent course. Lots of ideas, best practices and tips to learn and apply.

By Elmien d P

Mar 10, 2021

Very informative and practical. I can recommend this for a 10 Star rating.

By Zoran K

Apr 12, 2021

An excellent course covering many important aspects of remote transition

By Antoni L

Apr 2, 2021

Werry good, You will get a lot of additional materials to use afterward