Back to Reviews & Metrics for Software Improvements

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Reviews & Metrics for Software Improvements by University of Alberta

This course covers techniques for monitoring your projects in order to align client needs, project plans, and software production. It focuses on metrics and reviews to track and improve project progress and software quality....

May 24, 2019

IT WAS AN WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE LEARNING THROUGH THIS COURSE. IT IS AN WELL SET-UP COURSE. EASY TO LEARN. THE TEACHING FACULTY IS ALSO EXPERIENCED AND NICE.

GC

Mar 01, 2016

All my projects, in terms of productivity and quality, have improved by simply applying various aspects of what I have learnt from this specialization.

1 - 25 of 119 Reviews for Reviews & Metrics for Software Improvements

By Andreia M

Jul 21, 2017

I've been waiting for the end of the Capstone project to review all courses of the specialization. I want to check how they interact and how would the concepts be applied. I couldn't be more satisfied! This specialization is very complete and focused on the main topic "Software Product Management". Although there are several additional resources for us to deeply analyse a concept that interest us, the overall course gives you the necessary view of all options available without becoming to generic. I really recommend this specialization and congratulate all the team involved on developing this course. Thanks!

By Jose P

Jul 02, 2018

Learned a lot about how to construct and track metrics that I have been employing but not fully understanding. I also enjoyed very much the advice on how to handle different types of meetings, soft skills and techniques to use to empower the teams, and pitfalls to avoid. I think that there are lots of PMs doing their job and often times feeling helpless. This course can greatly help shed light into those areas.

By Victor D R

Sep 08, 2019

Very good course, but also long and with many details. The concepts are not easy to grasp so you have to do the homeworks and exams diligently to get the most of them. This particular course is very important for control and monitoring of taks and it is excellent to understand what is a metric and how it is done right with goals. Thank you for doing this module the way it is.

By Srinivasan K

Jul 27, 2019

Great course for practicing SCRUM MASTER and this course specifically focus on Agile based SDLC approaches. Faculty members are kind enough to share their knowledge and strong in the selected concepts through their simple explanation. It enhances my SCRUM knowledge to next higher plane. Would recommending for practicing SCRUM masters. Thank you

By Sunny L

Mar 23, 2017

This course is a solid bookend in preparation for the Capstone Course. The processes and exercises for closing a project are very often overlooked or under-emphasized in the professional world. This course presents great tools and exercises that can not only close a project on a high note, but indeed even improve a work environment in general.

By huangli

Feb 25, 2016

Reviews and metrics not only useful for a team, but it's also important he helpful for personal. When you set up a goal for yourself how to review and improve ? This course helps me to learn at 2 levels: team and person.

By Fabian F

Dec 13, 2017

It was a good and, in my opinion, comprehensive course on the important topic of Reviews & Metrics for Software Improvements. I recommend it to every stakeholer in software development and product management!

By Elcio M d M F

May 17, 2018

A Very good course, with a series of techniques that we can apply in the day to day. With certainty the course helped me to have more knowledge and to evolve in my activities.

By SOURAV S

May 24, 2019

By Gavin C

Mar 01, 2016

By Fahim G

Feb 26, 2016

Everthing is interesting about this specialisation, this is my fifth coruse and I am so glad that I have invested my time in this.

By Shivam B

Apr 03, 2018

This course helped a lot in my academics as well as it also improved the level of interest that I have in software engineering.

By Gurava M

Sep 05, 2016

Pretty good course for Product Managers with respect to the review & metrics - with agile and scrum as the methodology

By Ravi K

Apr 11, 2016

It's a great course! Highly practical guide on how to develop the right product, done right, and managed right.

By Omar T O

Mar 05, 2018

Muy buena guia para iniciar con el tema de metricas que muchas veces no se toma en cuenta en las empresas

By Ezekiel A

Sep 02, 2017

The content of this course is well presented and close to what you will experience in real work settings.

By Thomas C

Sep 21, 2016

I found the concepts beeing presented "generalized" - and not as dedicated to specific SPM scenario's.

By Diego V V

May 07, 2018

Great content, great Professors, and even greater explanations. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

By Laureta H

Jul 21, 2019

Great content, delivery and supplemental readings. Quite thorough yet granular in topic coverage.

By Helen G

Aug 09, 2019

The course was a great help to learn new techniques on how to communicate with developers.

By Daniil M

Apr 15, 2018

Very nice course! It'll be usefull for all project managers, not only in software field.

By Veretennikova Y

Jan 29, 2018

Great course! I've gained a lot of valuable information to use in my future career!

By Alexandr L

Sep 04, 2017

One of the most interesting and challenging courses on Product/Project Management!

By Francois A

Mar 02, 2018

Good and simple techniques to be able to organize and manage a project right.

By Sixto Y G V

Feb 16, 2019

Really interesting course about right product, done right and manage right.