Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

IA
Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

SD
Feb 25, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

376 - 400 of 1,950 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Helena C

Dec 7, 2020

It was a great course, Kristin Sainani is an amazing teacher and writer. The classes are very interesting and profitable. From now on, I will read articles with a critical view. I'm sure this course will help me a lot when I write my first scientific paper.

By Nisha T P

Nov 13, 2020

A well-crafted course and excellent course for research scholars. Very methodological, easy to understand modules. Thoroughly enjoyed doing the assignments. It sure enhances your confidence in research writing. Thanks to Dr Kristin and her team at Stanford.

By Roshan V

Aug 6, 2020

Loved this course! I learned so much more than i thought i would. i had lots of fun doing the assignments. Every single module was exciting and interesting. Excellent tips by the instructor Dr. Kristin Sainani. Looking forward to many such courses by her.

By Bingquan Z

Mar 9, 2020

Prof. Sainani is extremely helpful and the course is well prepared. It is the best writing course I had taken - not only the best in English writing, but also the best including my own language. I really appreciate Prof. Sainani's devotion to this course.

By Liubov S

May 14, 2018

It's incredible! I didn't take any classes in scientific writing at my vet school and it was so hard for me to understand what I need to write in my manuscripts. I've learned so much with this course. Thank you! I will recommend it to all young scientists.

By Elena R

Feb 14, 2018

I literally feel the urge to shout from the rooftops about this course! It's comprehensive, inspiring and immediately useful. I only regret not coming across it before struggling with my very first papers! It really makes you look forward to start writing.

By Ana C C d S

Apr 22, 2020

Great course! Although English isn't my first language, I was able to understand the lectures and apply the techniques I learned here to my essays in Portuguese. The peer-reviewed assignments are great because they provide good insight into your progress.

By Trupti R P

Sep 27, 2020

This writing course improved my skills by several folds. Dr. Kristin Sainani is a wonderful instructor and she made the course more valuable by bringing in expert views. Not only as a writer but I have been able to give more helpful feedback to my peers.

By German P

Jul 21, 2020

The course was an illustrative tool to improve writing skills. In this course, I found the contents of grammar, writing strategies, and best practices for writing in science. I feel happy of having finished it and learned how to write better and concize.

By Owais A

Jun 4, 2020

The teaching method was excellent. Dr Kristin Sainani clearly explains all the intricacies with so much clarity and brevity that everything she taught is learnt by heart. Thank You so much Dr Kristin and Coursera for giving me this learning opportunity.

By Ally

May 12, 2020

It'a wonderful experience! The course is greatly structured, and Dr. Sainani is a wonderful professor, always explaining what she is doing and providing extra material, information, exercises, and all the kind of material and references you should need!

By Walid K Y A

Apr 8, 2020

This course introduces a great piece of knowledge. It helps you read scientific papers, write manuscripts and manage a successful contact with media and social media. It also gives you a good tips for publishing and for many aspects related to science.

By Anna M C

Apr 18, 2021

This course is phenomenal! It is easy to follow and not overwhelming with the appropriate time management. It was well worth the 4 days it took me. I will definitely utilize this as a reference during my studies. Dr. Sainani was the perfect instructor!

By Rhodora F

Apr 13, 2021

What an excellent course! Thank you, Dr.Sainani, for improving my essay writing; and I have already applied this to my MBA program, and I pleased to say following these steps, I've received a 93% on my first assignment! I can't wait to improve further.

By Franciolli A

Dec 19, 2020

The first completed foreign curse I finish with a lot of learning. After concluding the course, I feel more confident to write better scientific papers, grant proposals, and communications to the lay public. What can I say about this course? Essential!

By Giorgos K

Jul 7, 2020

A really nice and useful course. I think it covers all the types of academic writing (ie reports, papers but also grants and recommendation letters) in an easy-to-follow way. Definitely recommended for anyone not very comfortable with academic writing!

By michal d

Apr 11, 2020

Great introduction to writing in the sciences. I think this course covers everything you need to get started with reading and reviewing scientific material. section 5 was especially helpful. Lectures were well organized, thought provoking, and engaging

By Sumayya A

Sep 13, 2021

Professor has done a really great job in organizing everything, her lectures were also enjoyable and made it seem like I was doing a live online class session! 100% recommend coming from an IB student that needs at least two criteria A & D every year.

By Talita B G

May 5, 2021

I loved this course. It is very dynamic, well-explained and complete. I watched all videos and did the lessons without get bored. It already contribute to my improvement at work. Congratulations to everybody involved in this course. I do recommend it!

By Blu A

Nov 22, 2020

For my first ever course, this was incredibly well-taught and easy to understand. I managed to learn some extremely important skills with the help of a great mentor. Thank you so much for the experience! I look forward to completing more such courses.

By Juan D L R

Jun 28, 2018

Writing in the Sciences is the best writing course I've ever taken. The advice is sound and Kristin is a great, inspiring teacher. I recommend this course to anyone in graduate school who wants to learn A LOT on writing for lay or technical audiences.

By Noelie C

Feb 20, 2018

This class has a very adaptable pace. It is also very complete, with relevant instances from Nature papers, but also from The NY Times for lay summaries. It has been particularly useful to me as a non-native english speaker.

I definitely recommend it.

By Rebeca M

Apr 12, 2021

A highly recommended course for all those who are starting to write scientific texts but also for those who have already published papers. The course is very useful because it teaches how to correct the writing errors that scientists frequently made.

By João T V

Jul 2, 2021

The course is excellent. I learned a lot of techniques to write more efficiently and more clearly.

The teacher, Dr. Kristin Sainani, is an amazing communicator and prepared a great course.

I especially enjoyed the demo edits, at the end of each week.

By Christian K

Mar 21, 2021

I learned a lot about writing. Most interestingly, I realized, that actually scientific writing is all about regular good writing. But Dr. Sainani boiled it down to very basic and helpful principles! I am very well prepared to start writing my PhD.