Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

IA
Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

SD
Feb 25, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

401 - 425 of 1,950 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Yazan A

Mar 2, 2021

I really enjoyed taking this course and consider the information I learned to be valuable for my writing skills. The videos by Dr. Kristin Sainani were enjoyable, easy to understand, and very informative. I hope to find other courses taught by her!

By Makiko T

Dec 15, 2020

This is an excellent, practical course for anyone who writes. I would recommend it to all my colleagues. I also appreciated the amount of course work, it was enough to get practice but not overwhelming that it impedes with your daily work schedule.

By Serhii B

Mar 9, 2020

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn" - the approach Dr.

Kristin Sainani

chose in her "Writing in Sciences" course.

I cannot fully express how valuable is the knowledge I gained for my scientific career.

Thank you!

By Richard D V

Apr 17, 2018

This is one of the best course I have taken through Coursera. Learned a lot of things in scientific writing and editing my journals and manuscripts in class. Thanks Coursera and Stanford University for this great learning. More power and God bless.

By Federica M

Jan 30, 2018

Kristine is a great teacher and an awesome editor! I love her style in taking you through the main foundation of scientific writing. I also appreciated her commitment in supporting and maintaining a high level of ethics in the scientific community

By Juli S

May 17, 2021

This is a great course! The first few weeks have a lot of grammar, but the second half of the course is full of wonderful information that helped me start my business as a freelance science writer. Thank you Dr. Sainani & Coursera! You are great!

By Putri A

Sep 25, 2020

I really enjoy this course and gain so much insight to improve my writings! Though my experience in this field is still lacking, but I'm looking forward to fathom science writings in the near future. Thank you so much for the lecture, Dr. Kristin!

By Amitava D

Aug 23, 2020

Course is well designed. So many requirements of writing skill has been explained and demonstrated. Actual recorded interview of the guide level professors has been shown.

I am benefited through this course.

Thanks to Coursera & Stanford University.

By Nair T O

Mar 15, 2019

Excellent! I love it! I have written several papers but I was never confident or satisfied with my writing. I am sure I will do better next time thanks to this course. The best thing about it is the teacher! She keeps you entertained and engaged!

By Karla M R

Jun 2, 2020

I'm a college student and despite having taken several academic writing courses before, none of them compare to this one since it is specifically tailored for the Sciences. It really is a must-take if you plan to become a professional scientist.

By Solveig C V

Dr. Sainani's course "Writing in the Sciences" is a pleasure. The materials are organised and clear, Dr. Sainani speaks clearly and slowly, and the assignments are interesting. I learned so much about writing; the process, structure and wording.

By Jingbo H

Apr 20, 2018

very good course for English writing beginners! easy to understand, lots of tips and examples.

the teaching style is perfect.

the voice of the teacher is beautiful.

I strongly advise you to choose this course to improve you English writing skills.

By İlke G

Oct 11, 2021

Dr. Kristin Sainani changed my view on scientific writing. Now, my writing is more interesting and I know where to pay attention. I highly recommend anyone in science to take this course. I wish I discovered it years ago. Thank you Dr. Sainani.

By Marta F R

Feb 14, 2021

A course considered "basic" yet very comprehensive about how to start, or how to improve, your skills on scientific writing. The teacher is really good at communication, and knows how to get your attention and interest. I strongly recommend it!

By 吕莹莹

Dec 20, 2018

I learned so much from this course! As a beginner for scientific writing, I am so luck that I chose this course to begin. It gave me a good start with right principles! The contents are wide also detailed and contains many exercises. Wonderful!

By Luisa A V d F

Jul 22, 2020

I loved this course. The first half was specially useful for me as a master's student. In the future, i believe the course could be split in two parts, so students can focus more and exercise each part (scicom + scientific writing for papers).

By Mingeum J

Jul 22, 2020

A helpful course to get an idea about different types of writing (academic writing, social media writing, interview and so on) and to learn useful tips of concise writing. Especially recommend for people who speak English as a second language.

By Wanfei

This course is really helpful to my future study and research! I learned the correct and efficient way to write a scientific article. And I really appreciate the reviews of my assignments by other fellows, which are helpful for my improvement.

By Lauitiiti F

Jun 16, 2021

This was a very useful course for me. I have taken on key points on writing clearly for both my thesis and personal writing. I haven't done other types of writing but if I need it, this is a useful resource that I would like to come back to.

By Hemalatha T R

Jul 2, 2020

A very informative course for upcoming scientists. I highly recommend this course who has no idea about how to start the work with writing. It has a lot to learn far more than writing. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani for this wonderful effort.

By ANANYA S

Jun 7, 2020

This course was an amazing journey for me. It has given me immense knowledge about how to improve Scientific writing. The tools and techniques which I have gained from this course will help me out throughout life to present good publications.

By FengChen

Jul 8, 2018

Still remember the wonderful opening: "for those old here, welcome back; and for those who are new here, it's great to have you." Dr. Kristin is passionate and considerate; it's nice to be with her in the class, and also out of class, I hope.

By Michela O

Aug 16, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, it has been a great journey through all types of scientific writing! I strongly recommend enrollment as this course gives students great tips and tools to communicate science in a very effective and simple way!

By Parvathi J

Jun 25, 2020

Dr. Kristin, in spite of teaching us the skill & science behind writing, words limit my gratitude toward you. It changed me as a writer, now I am second-guessing every word, obsessed with decluttering and listen to active voice.

Thank You!

By Alaa A M A

Apr 9, 2019

The course content was very helpful to understand more about scientific writing. I was glad it also covered other forms of writing and science communication. It would be great if the instructor can provide an additional more advanced course.