Back to Introduction to Systems Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systems Engineering by UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales)

"Introduction to Systems Engineering" uses a structured yet flexible approach to provide a holistic, solid foundation to the successful development of complicated systems. The course takes you step by step through the system life cycle, from design to development, production and management. You will learn how the different components of a system interrelate, and how each contributes to a project’s goals and success. The discipline’s terminology, which can so often confuse the newcomer, is presented in an easily digestible form. Weekly video lectures introduce and synthesise key concepts, which are then reinforced with quizzes and practical exercises to help you measure your learning. This course welcomes anyone who wants to find out how complex systems can be developed and implemented successfully. It is relevant to anyone in project management, engineering, QA, logistic support, operations, management, maintenance and other work areas. No specific background is required, and we welcome learners with all levels of interest and experience....

NN

Nov 12, 2016

This course gives a lot of insights into the SE activities, which we normally don't notice. This would be useful for the system developers as well System Safety engineers to appreciate the system

HA

Apr 05, 2018

Excellent course, learned a lot about System Engineering in general and its concepts. Great tutors and excellent real life examples from real life situations. Strongly recommended!

1 - 25 of 117 Reviews for Introduction to Systems Engineering

By Mohamed O

Dec 22, 2018

Excellent introduction course on Systems Engineering

By Christopher A

Jan 02, 2019

Good intro to systems engineering

By Ibrahima T

Jan 04, 2019

Great introductory course, Covers a lots of issues related to system engineering.

By TJM t W

Jan 29, 2019

Nice course thanks. I learned much and hope i can practice it in the future!!

By Charu B

Feb 02, 2019

Great course - this is exactly what I was looking for! Now ready to sign up for my Masters in Systems Engineering from UNSW :)

By Wendell C

Nov 26, 2018

I gained a lot of knowledge and wisdom through this intro course and I already apply them in my software development work. This is truly worth spending time and money with. The principles taught here are applicable to just about any systems, therefore, applicable to any work or project. I highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in learning about systems engineering.

By Mohammad R

Mar 07, 2019

the best content that I have seen. thanks UNSW

By Ganesh R

Jan 13, 2019

Very good introduction to Systems Engineering. Before , this course, I used to hear a lot about why System Engineers are a rare commodity. After this course, I understand why .

Warm Regards

Ganesh Ramakrishnan

By Ken K

Jan 14, 2019

Well done introduction to Systems Engineering. Whilst I'm not in an engineering capacity in my position, I've now been able to recognize many of the terms here in the workplace - this stuff is used for real work, and knowing it makes my ability to add value much greater.

By Diego C R

Dec 28, 2018

This is an excellent course! I strongly recommend those classes for every engineering students or people involved with project management.

By Mark W

Jul 21, 2018

Excellent beginners SE course. Highly recommended.

By Emre Ş

Aug 23, 2018

This course is very beneficial to understand the System Engineering Concept. Now, what I should do in my worklife is more clear. Special thanks to whoever prepared this course!

By Kevin T

Oct 20, 2018

I have completed three weeks of this course thus far, and I have highly enjoyed every lecture and every exercise. The quizzes really help to confirm my understanding, and the exercises encourage me to think outside the box and to think carefully. Dr. Mike Ryan's lectures have proven themselves to be engaging, thoughtful, and overall exceptional.

If systems engineering is an area that I would try to pursue in my career, I will definitely place UNSW as a top choice to get my Master's in Systems Engineering. Since I do not live in Australia, I'm not quite sure how that would work out, but overall I have very been impressed by the quality of education and content provided in these videos.

Week 8 Edit: While I really like the exercises, I don't like the idea of requiring two peer reviews. This makes it difficult for students to have their assignments get graded or conversely grade other students' assignments if there are not enough students taking the course and are on the same module. As an aside, I really like Dr. Ian Faulconbridge's lectures and his personal anecdotes from his experience in the industry.

By Ginikachi O

Aug 20, 2018

very interesting, highly engaging.

By Hesham O

Sep 15, 2018

Thank you to the instructors for the course and knowledge introduced by the course

By Shamil M

Apr 06, 2017

Best choise for engineers!

By S S P

Oct 13, 2016

e

By Ryan s

Apr 14, 2017

Very well put together course.

By Kevin R

Aug 28, 2017

it's really good all the thigs you learn for free all the knowledge you can get, and only payment for certificate they don't take out sessions if it's free amazing

By yashar k s

Oct 04, 2016

Best Course

By Fabio G d S

Apr 20, 2017

Very detailed and comprehensive material. Tests and exercices are a perfect support in order to reinforce the content.

By Andreas F

Feb 27, 2018

Well presented and easy to follow!

By Hermanus P P

Mar 29, 2018

very interesting

By Alex M d C

Jun 26, 2018

Great course. Help me a lot to understand better the systems engineering process

By Jimm G

Apr 02, 2018

The course was well thought out and relevant. It seems to still be actively maintained and supported to an adequate degree by live staff.