Back to Introduction to Systems Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systems Engineering by UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales)

"Introduction to Systems Engineering" uses a structured yet flexible approach to provide a holistic, solid foundation to the successful development of complicated systems. The course takes you step by step through the system life cycle, from design to development, production and management. You will learn how the different components of a system interrelate, and how each contributes to a project’s goals and success. The discipline’s terminology, which can so often confuse the newcomer, is presented in an easily digestible form. Weekly video lectures introduce and synthesise key concepts, which are then reinforced with quizzes and practical exercises to help you measure your learning. This course welcomes anyone who wants to find out how complex systems can be developed and implemented successfully. It is relevant to anyone in project management, engineering, QA, logistic support, operations, management, maintenance and other work areas. No specific background is required, and we welcome learners with all levels of interest and experience....

NN

Nov 12, 2016

This course gives a lot of insights into the SE activities, which we normally don't notice. This would be useful for the system developers as well System Safety engineers to appreciate the system

HA

Apr 05, 2018

Excellent course, learned a lot about System Engineering in general and its concepts. Great tutors and excellent real life examples from real life situations. Strongly recommended!

1 - 25 of 121 Reviews for Introduction to Systems Engineering

By TJM t W

Jan 29, 2019

Nice course thanks. I learned much and hope i can practice it in the future!!

By Christopher A

Jan 02, 2019

Good intro to systems engineering

By Mohammad R

Mar 07, 2019

the best content that I have seen. thanks UNSW

By Mohamed O

Dec 22, 2018

Excellent introduction course on Systems Engineering

By Muhammad Z

Apr 06, 2019

A very informative course. Looking for other courses such as MBSE and Advanced systems engineering to be taught by you people etc

By Ganesh R

Jan 13, 2019

Very good introduction to Systems Engineering. Before , this course, I used to hear a lot about why System Engineers are a rare commodity. After this course, I understand why .

Warm Regards

Ganesh Ramakrishnan

By Diego C R

Dec 28, 2018

This is an excellent course! I strongly recommend those classes for every engineering students or people involved with project management.

By Abed A A

Jul 16, 2018

Great Course

By JACOB O O

Jul 23, 2018

The course is excellent!

By Mark W

Jul 21, 2018

Excellent beginners SE course. Highly recommended.

By Biruk S

Mar 22, 2017

Great course! Well prepared, brief and to the point!

By Maria C P

Apr 03, 2017

Great course. It's very useful for people who are having the first contact with Systems Engineering. Very didatic. It really changed the way I see my area. I do recommend this course. It's challenging enough for not being tedious, and not too difficult to make us to give up. Congratulations!

By Adnan A

x

!

By Heinrich H D

May 12, 2016

It is not easy to teach a methodology, knowing that the students come from very different backgrounds and system domains. The instructors were able to teach the concepts with the right pace and to provide examples which were easy to follow. In my opinion, a key success criterion for the course is the chosen running example: a dwelling. Every student, independent from background and system domain, can relate to it and apply the methodology. Because of the dwelling example, students could review the work of other students and don't get confused by a system domain they don't understand. It is worthwhile to mention that the course material is based on ISO 15288 and ISO 29148. I can highly recommend the course as an introduction to Systems Engineering.

By Olammy E

Dec 22, 2016

Great app

By Robert B

Apr 30, 2018

Great course. Very good summary of systems engineering principles and process. These principles are very useful when managing a project if followed. It was enjoyable to review them in this course. The instructors were obviously quite knowledgeable about and experienced in the topic and delivered the material in a clear and understandable way.

By Tahir I

Apr 05, 2016

its good to learn this subject free of cost and amazing teaching method.

By Emille G

Oct 15, 2017

A powerful course that enriched my professional life and equipped me to participate deeply in technical conversations. It also inspires me to take my knowledge further and to consider studies in related disciplines. The course itself is well designed (as it should be) and engaging from start to finish. This course will equip you with the tools you need to think more efficiently and to approach problems methodically, in life and in work.

By Richard J C

May 06, 2017

Great. Heavy directive lectures aside this syllabus evolves through the SE life-cycle and continually revisits and relates key concepts to reinforce and embed learning. I picked up a huge amount from this course which has consolidated my use of language and has helped structure my approach to SE in work where I had not previously experienced SE activities.

Really helpful - thanks.

By Rainer D d C G

Mar 07, 2017

A relly good introduction to System Engineering.

By Lucy D

Mar 28, 2018

Really good overview of designing a project

By Carlos E G R

Jun 26, 2016

Excellent!

By Rohit B

Nov 06, 2016

Highly recommended course for all engineers. A real eye opener for me! Concepts have been explained clearly and with great examples. The extension exercises are a great way of learning and also the peer review lets you learn from others! I really enjoyed the course material and lessons by both the course instructors. Thanks a lot for the valuable knowledge!