Back to Introduction to Systems Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systems Engineering by UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales)

"Introduction to Systems Engineering" uses a structured yet flexible approach to provide a holistic, solid foundation to the successful development of complicated systems. The course takes you step by step through the system life cycle, from design to development, production and management. You will learn how the different components of a system interrelate, and how each contributes to a project’s goals and success. The discipline’s terminology, which can so often confuse the newcomer, is presented in an easily digestible form. Weekly video lectures introduce and synthesise key concepts, which are then reinforced with quizzes and practical exercises to help you measure your learning. This course welcomes anyone who wants to find out how complex systems can be developed and implemented successfully. It is relevant to anyone in project management, engineering, QA, logistic support, operations, management, maintenance and other work areas. No specific background is required, and we welcome learners with all levels of interest and experience....

NN

Nov 12, 2016

This course gives a lot of insights into the SE activities, which we normally don't notice. This would be useful for the system developers as well System Safety engineers to appreciate the system

HA

Apr 05, 2018

Excellent course, learned a lot about System Engineering in general and its concepts. Great tutors and excellent real life examples from real life situations. Strongly recommended!

1 - 25 of 109 Reviews for Introduction to Systems Engineering

By Wendell C

Nov 26, 2018

I gained a lot of knowledge and wisdom through this intro course and I already apply them in my software development work. This is truly worth spending time and money with. The principles taught here are applicable to just about any systems, therefore, applicable to any work or project. I highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in learning about systems engineering.

By Diego C R

Dec 28, 2018

This is an excellent course! I strongly recommend those classes for every engineering students or people involved with project management.

By Ganesh R

Jan 13, 2019

Very good introduction to Systems Engineering. Before , this course, I used to hear a lot about why System Engineers are a rare commodity. After this course, I understand why .

Warm Regards

Ganesh Ramakrishnan

By Ken K

Jan 14, 2019

Well done introduction to Systems Engineering. Whilst I'm not in an engineering capacity in my position, I've now been able to recognize many of the terms here in the workplace - this stuff is used for real work, and knowing it makes my ability to add value much greater.

By Christopher A

Jan 02, 2019

Good intro to systems engineering

By Ibrahima T

Jan 04, 2019

Great introductory course, Covers a lots of issues related to system engineering.

By TJM t W

Jan 29, 2019

Nice course thanks. I learned much and hope i can practice it in the future!!

By Charu B

Feb 02, 2019

Great course - this is exactly what I was looking for! Now ready to sign up for my Masters in Systems Engineering from UNSW :)

By Muhammad Z

Apr 06, 2019

A very informative course. Looking for other courses such as MBSE and Advanced systems engineering to be taught by you people etc

By Mohammad R

Jul 16, 2018

Great Course

By Hesham O

Sep 15, 2018

Thank you to the instructors for the course and knowledge introduced by the course

By Jerry A K

Aug 31, 2018

Great introductory course surveying the Systems Engineering discipline. Laid down a solid foundation and provided resources for further learning. Recommended for anyone who's interested in Systems Engineering.

By Kevin T

Oct 20, 2018

I have completed three weeks of this course thus far, and I have highly enjoyed every lecture and every exercise. The quizzes really help to confirm my understanding, and the exercises encourage me to think outside the box and to think carefully. Dr. Mike Ryan's lectures have proven themselves to be engaging, thoughtful, and overall exceptional.

If systems engineering is an area that I would try to pursue in my career, I will definitely place UNSW as a top choice to get my Master's in Systems Engineering. Since I do not live in Australia, I'm not quite sure how that would work out, but overall I have very been impressed by the quality of education and content provided in these videos.

Week 8 Edit: While I really like the exercises, I don't like the idea of requiring two peer reviews. This makes it difficult for students to have their assignments get graded or conversely grade other students' assignments if there are not enough students taking the course and are on the same module. As an aside, I really like Dr. Ian Faulconbridge's lectures and his personal anecdotes from his experience in the industry.

By Biruk S

Mar 22, 2017

Great course! Well prepared, brief and to the point!

By Richard J C

May 06, 2017

Great. Heavy directive lectures aside this syllabus evolves through the SE life-cycle and continually revisits and relates key concepts to reinforce and embed learning. I picked up a huge amount from this course which has consolidated my use of language and has helped structure my approach to SE in work where I had not previously experienced SE activities.

Really helpful - thanks.

By Maria C P

Apr 03, 2017

Great course. It's very useful for people who are having the first contact with Systems Engineering. Very didatic. It really changed the way I see my area. I do recommend this course. It's challenging enough for not being tedious, and not too difficult to make us to give up. Congratulations!

By Adnan A

x

!

By Heinrich H D

May 12, 2016

It is not easy to teach a methodology, knowing that the students come from very different backgrounds and system domains. The instructors were able to teach the concepts with the right pace and to provide examples which were easy to follow. In my opinion, a key success criterion for the course is the chosen running example: a dwelling. Every student, independent from background and system domain, can relate to it and apply the methodology. Because of the dwelling example, students could review the work of other students and don't get confused by a system domain they don't understand. It is worthwhile to mention that the course material is based on ISO 15288 and ISO 29148. I can highly recommend the course as an introduction to Systems Engineering.

By Olammy E

Dec 22, 2016

Great app

By Marius.1075

Jan 05, 2017

A very well structured and presented

By Amin M

Oct 17, 2016

The best thing about this course is paying attention to basis of SE. I studied some books and courses up to now, no one was better than this course.

By Rainer D d C G

Mar 07, 2017

A relly good introduction to System Engineering.

By 赵剑羽

Sep 10, 2017

This course is great. I have learned a lot in this course. This course list lots of examples ,which making some problems clear and vivid. However, I think the logic of teaching is a little deficiency.