Back to Introduction to Systems Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systems Engineering by UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales)

"Introduction to Systems Engineering" uses a structured yet flexible approach to provide a holistic, solid foundation to the successful development of complicated systems. The course takes you step by step through the system life cycle, from design to development, production and management. You will learn how the different components of a system interrelate, and how each contributes to a project’s goals and success. The discipline’s terminology, which can so often confuse the newcomer, is presented in an easily digestible form. Weekly video lectures introduce and synthesise key concepts, which are then reinforced with quizzes and practical exercises to help you measure your learning. This course welcomes anyone who wants to find out how complex systems can be developed and implemented successfully. It is relevant to anyone in project management, engineering, QA, logistic support, operations, management, maintenance and other work areas. No specific background is required, and we welcome learners with all levels of interest and experience....

RG

Oct 17, 2020

Thank You!\n\nThis course has been extremely helpful for me to develop an understanding of systems engineering so that I can facilitate application of SE to a new technology my company is developing.

WB

Nov 19, 2021

Excellent course! Provides good initiation to system engineering. I enjoyed the practical examples to explain some of the concepts. Course is recommended for those looking after system engineering.

51 - 75 of 272 Reviews for Introduction to Systems Engineering

By Jorge G

Jun 12, 2016

Very good content and delivered in an effective manner. Lots of information and examples are quite valuable and not provided in the slides so I recommend everyone to have the handouts at hand when studying for the assignments and exams.

By Adeniran A

Jun 14, 2020

The course was insightful especially the basic ideology of system engineering, though not much about the technical aspect, but it was good and some accolades to the course instructors for their efforts and generosity towards knowledge.

By James C

Jul 17, 2020

A well-paced course with a gradual learning slope. The visuals used in the lectures are very effective and make learning easier. Peer reviews and forums offer a supportive environment that works really well. Highly recommended.

By vijayagopal p

Sep 13, 2020

Well structured and apt for awareness level and refresher course on Systems Engineering, course exposes the learner to fundamental concepts and key stages. Worth learning for anyone seeking to know about Systems Engineering.

By Birsu A Ş

Dec 28, 2021

This course provides a good understanding of system engineering and related processes. Highly recommended to all disciplines especially to personnel from project management, ILS, design, test and configuration management.

By Ganesh R

Jan 12, 2019

Very good introduction to Systems Engineering. Before , this course, I used to hear a lot about why System Engineers are a rare commodity. After this course, I understand why .

Warm Regards

Ganesh Ramakrishnan

By Pavel S

May 7, 2017

Field is covered from perspective of military complexity and focused generally on waterfall approach. Test are complex and require thorough analysis. Excersises are interesting and usefull for day to day life. Thanks

By Frank C

Jul 21, 2020

Good material, delivered thoroughly.

Only criticism is that more real world examples could be given, however I understand it is only an introductory course hence why this did not impact my final score in the review.

By Jerry A K

Aug 30, 2018

Great introductory course surveying the Systems Engineering discipline. Laid down a solid foundation and provided resources for further learning. Recommended for anyone who's interested in Systems Engineering.

By Daniel R

Jul 25, 2020

This course was very interesting and well organised, I am fully satisfied. I was already familiar with Systems Engineering at work, and this training gave me a much better understanding. Thank you very much.

By 赵剑羽

Sep 10, 2017

This course is great. I have learned a lot in this course. This course list lots of examples ,which making some problems clear and vivid. However, I think the logic of teaching is a little deficiency.

By Hoàng N P

Mar 18, 2022

Great course with very essential foundation for System engineering. The quizzes encourage us to look for details and examples in the textbook which is helpful in understanding complicated definition.

By William K S M B

Nov 20, 2021

By N P N

Nov 11, 2016

This course gives a lot of insights into the SE activities, which we normally don't notice. This would be useful for the system developers as well System Safety engineers to appreciate the system

By Richard D G

Oct 17, 2020

Thank You!

By Sunny K

May 9, 2022

This course, on top of relevant work experience, helped me get a systems engineering job. It is an excellent introduction and has many relevant use cases for different systems engineering tools.

By Fortunato M N

Apr 29, 2022

Very good course. It provided a well introduction to Systems Engineering always discussing pratical examples and demanding students pratical reflections. I suggest it for all coursera community.

By Elwin C

Aug 23, 2021

Great introduction to Systems Engineering, with clear, easy-to-follow video lectures and some thought-provoking exercises and quizzes to help consolidate the learning process. Highly recommend.

By Chris P

Mar 20, 2022

Well structured. Clear explanations. For students, beware that the quiz has a couple of questions that are related to future lesson, so where possilbe read ahead before taking each quiz.

By Salman I

An excellent course to the introduction of Systems Engineering. This course can be helpful and act as a foundation course in preparing oneself for C-SEP (Systems Engineering Professional)

By Juliana J F d S R

Apr 16, 2020

I am very happy to have finished the course, it was a very positive experience and learning was easy. The quality of the course is high and the teachers are very good. I thank everyone!

By LEENEN Y Y

Dec 1, 2019

A course that exceeded all my expectation. A thorough and concise introduction to what could be an upcoming academic interest that best suits an engineering management application.

By Hamad E A

Apr 5, 2018

Excellent course, learned a lot about System Engineering in general and its concepts. Great tutors and excellent real life examples from real life situations. Strongly recommended!

By Emre Ş

Aug 23, 2018

This course is very beneficial to understand the System Engineering Concept. Now, what I should do in my worklife is more clear. Special thanks to whoever prepared this course!

By Reece W

Nov 17, 2019

A great introduction to systems engineering. I wish I had studied something like this before actually entering industry in what is essential a systems engineering company!