Back to Introduction to Systems Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systems Engineering by UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales)

"Introduction to Systems Engineering" uses a structured yet flexible approach to provide a holistic, solid foundation to the successful development of complicated systems. The course takes you step by step through the system life cycle, from design to development, production and management. You will learn how the different components of a system interrelate, and how each contributes to a project’s goals and success. The discipline’s terminology, which can so often confuse the newcomer, is presented in an easily digestible form. Weekly video lectures introduce and synthesise key concepts, which are then reinforced with quizzes and practical exercises to help you measure your learning. This course welcomes anyone who wants to find out how complex systems can be developed and implemented successfully. It is relevant to anyone in project management, engineering, QA, logistic support, operations, management, maintenance and other work areas. No specific background is required, and we welcome learners with all levels of interest and experience....

RG
Oct 17, 2020

Thank You!\n\nThis course has been extremely helpful for me to develop an understanding of systems engineering so that I can facilitate application of SE to a new technology my company is developing.

NN
Nov 11, 2016

This course gives a lot of insights into the SE activities, which we normally don't notice. This would be useful for the system developers as well System Safety engineers to appreciate the system

26 - 50 of 219 Reviews for Introduction to Systems Engineering

By Vishwas N

Mar 4, 2017

It was a very good and interactive course by UNSW and coursera.I got to learn all the basics of system engineering.I would recommend it to everyone to atleast go through the course plan.This course helps in daily life also as we learn how to tackle and solve problems more conveniently and in a better and efficient way

By P.Avinash

May 13, 2020

Very neatly organised and gives a broad overview and familiarises the learner with Systems Engineering. The instructors could perhaps explore giving industry specific assignments. That is, instead of just house as an example, a mechanical, aerospace, electronics, software project could also be given for assignments.

By Tirukoti M k

Apr 20, 2021

Anybody wants to develop a system, then the proven methodology is systems engineering, this course definitely helps in introducing each and every terminology and understanding of different stages involved till the end of life of the developed product/ solution. Thanks Dr mike and Dr Ian for making it easy.

By Konrad G R R

Jul 11, 2019

A good, broad, introductory look at Systems Engineering. It's a good refresher of the fundamentals for the experienced systems engineer as well. The examples and exercises are based on home construction. But anything learned can be easily adapted to other domains. I learned a few new things.

By Saravana P S

Sep 28, 2020

It is nice experiential learning through the objective-driven assessments. I thank the course faculty for sharing their expertise and in-depth knowledge of system engineering with simple domestic applications and illustrations. The learnings from this course certainly helpful in my profession.

By Maria C P

Apr 3, 2017

Great course. It's very useful for people who are having the first contact with Systems Engineering. Very didatic. It really changed the way I see my area. I do recommend this course. It's challenging enough for not being tedious, and not too difficult to make us to give up. Congratulations!

By Ali A

Mar 8, 2021

The system engineering course is well designed & prepared to learn in a practical way of given examples to understand the subject, learning with this way cemented foundation for higher & in-depth learning in system engineering.Thank you Dear Author for delivered this wonderful course to us.

By anup l

Dec 2, 2020

I think it was a great intro to SE. The focus on requirements engineering was very useful. I liked the fact that one problem/example was used throughout to work on various aspects of the SE process during the SE lifecycle.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to get started in SE.

By Luiz P R M

Dec 26, 2016

Very broad and concise approach to teaching Systems Engineering as an introduction. There is a lot of material available but this one has helped me to figure out the most important parts of the system development life cycle and where to search for more information. Thanks!

By Ken K

Jan 14, 2019

Well done introduction to Systems Engineering. Whilst I'm not in an engineering capacity in my position, I've now been able to recognize many of the terms here in the workplace - this stuff is used for real work, and knowing it makes my ability to add value much greater.

By Elena S

Oct 6, 2020

I have improved my knowledge of system engineering after this course. I would continue learning about system engineering via this platform. I could not afford commitment to the master degree at this stage but would like to take a few more courses to deepen my knowledge.

By Alan K

An excellent introduction course and provides insight and tools addressing the many areas of Systems Engineering and is helpful in project management. Provides value on its own, and a good foundation to continue learning the more in depth systems engineering topics.

By Jose D S

Oct 2, 2019

Excellent introductory course to the discipline. It gives a good base to continue exploring and studying Systems Engineering. I am a Mechanical Engineer an I took this course to give a formal structure to my own knowledge of Systems Engineering.

By Mich M

Apr 4, 2021

I work in the aerospace industry and this course has given me a very solid understanding and importance of the different formal reviews that take place. It has also given me a new perspective in specification writing. Highly recommended course!

By sagar v

Aug 30, 2020

Very useful course. Instructors and Training material is good. Exercises provided helps in better understanding of the course content. Overall, It is a well designed course which would give a good overview into the discipline of System Engg

By Rostyslav N

Dec 12, 2016

Very helpful course for those who want both to get more theoretical information and learn practical foundation of Business Analysis. I recommend this course as a part of preparations to Certification of Competency in Business Analysis exam.

By Jorge G

Jun 12, 2016

Very good content and delivered in an effective manner. Lots of information and examples are quite valuable and not provided in the slides so I recommend everyone to have the handouts at hand when studying for the assignments and exams.

By Adeniran A

Jun 14, 2020

The course was insightful especially the basic ideology of system engineering, though not much about the technical aspect, but it was good and some accolades to the course instructors for their efforts and generosity towards knowledge.

By James C

Jul 17, 2020

A well-paced course with a gradual learning slope. The visuals used in the lectures are very effective and make learning easier. Peer reviews and forums offer a supportive environment that works really well. Highly recommended.

By vijayagopal p

Sep 13, 2020

Well structured and apt for awareness level and refresher course on Systems Engineering, course exposes the learner to fundamental concepts and key stages. Worth learning for anyone seeking to know about Systems Engineering.

By Ganesh R

Jan 12, 2019

Very good introduction to Systems Engineering. Before , this course, I used to hear a lot about why System Engineers are a rare commodity. After this course, I understand why .

Warm Regards

Ganesh Ramakrishnan

By Pavel S

May 7, 2017

Field is covered from perspective of military complexity and focused generally on waterfall approach. Test are complex and require thorough analysis. Excersises are interesting and usefull for day to day life. Thanks

By Frank C

Jul 21, 2020

Good material, delivered thoroughly.

Only criticism is that more real world examples could be given, however I understand it is only an introductory course hence why this did not impact my final score in the review.

By Jerry A K

Aug 30, 2018

Great introductory course surveying the Systems Engineering discipline. Laid down a solid foundation and provided resources for further learning. Recommended for anyone who's interested in Systems Engineering.

By Daniel R

Jul 25, 2020

This course was very interesting and well organised, I am fully satisfied. I was already familiar with Systems Engineering at work, and this training gave me a much better understanding. Thank you very much.