Back to Introduction to Systems Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systems Engineering by UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales)

"Introduction to Systems Engineering" uses a structured yet flexible approach to provide a holistic, solid foundation to the successful development of complicated systems. The course takes you step by step through the system life cycle, from design to development, production and management. You will learn how the different components of a system interrelate, and how each contributes to a project’s goals and success. The discipline’s terminology, which can so often confuse the newcomer, is presented in an easily digestible form. Weekly video lectures introduce and synthesise key concepts, which are then reinforced with quizzes and practical exercises to help you measure your learning. This course welcomes anyone who wants to find out how complex systems can be developed and implemented successfully. It is relevant to anyone in project management, engineering, QA, logistic support, operations, management, maintenance and other work areas. No specific background is required, and we welcome learners with all levels of interest and experience....

RG
Oct 17, 2020

Thank You!\n\nThis course has been extremely helpful for me to develop an understanding of systems engineering so that I can facilitate application of SE to a new technology my company is developing.

NN
Nov 11, 2016

This course gives a lot of insights into the SE activities, which we normally don't notice. This would be useful for the system developers as well System Safety engineers to appreciate the system

76 - 100 of 234 Reviews for Introduction to Systems Engineering

By Amin M

Oct 17, 2016

The best thing about this course is paying attention to basis of SE. I studied some books and courses up to now, no one was better than this course.

By Tim W

This was a great overview to Systems Engineering. As a Configuration Manager, this has assisted in increasing my knowledge base of this profession.

By Hee J J

Aug 23, 2021

I understood what I have to consider for next project as project engineer.

Thank you for giving me a good chance to view to System engineering.

By Michelle M

Aug 23, 2020

This is a really good course for people needing to know how complex systems go through the design, development and build. Highly recommended!

By Jose e h

Oct 6, 2020

Muy bueno el curso, se aprende como nace la necesidad de que exista un sistema y el recorrido de éste a lo largo de su vida hasta su retiro

By Diego C R

Dec 28, 2018

This is an excellent course! I strongly recommend those classes for every engineering students or people involved with project management.

By Jimm G

Apr 2, 2018

The course was well thought out and relevant. It seems to still be actively maintained and supported to an adequate degree by live staff.

By Luis W D M

Mar 9, 2017

This is an great introduction course for Systems Engineering. I wish I had known it before! Thanks for all the team who has developed it!

By Dejan T

Jan 6, 2021

Nice course. I have a new perspective on my job. A lot of confusion releated to requirement specifications have been cleared up for me.

By Farhad H

Apr 21, 2017

thank you very much for this course. i had a really great time studying it and i hope this course will be useful for me in the future

By Nancy B

Jul 4, 2020

Course was very educational and re-enforced my prior knowledge of SE and taught me things I needed to know for doing SE in my job.

By Muhammad Z

Apr 5, 2019

A very informative course. Looking for other courses such as MBSE and Advanced systems engineering to be taught by you people etc

By William B

Jul 7, 2021

Really good introduction to Systems Engineering or a good reminder of Systems Engineering theory for more experienced engineers.

By James Y

Mar 25, 2021

Very good course that explores many aspects of systems engineering using terms that any person could understand and appreciate.

By Jonathan R

Oct 1, 2020

Great info. Even though this is meant to be an overview I feel like I've learned a lot that I can apply in my daily work life.

By Charu B

Feb 1, 2019

Great course - this is exactly what I was looking for! Now ready to sign up for my Masters in Systems Engineering from UNSW :)

By Joseph H

Dec 19, 2020

A great introductory course to the field of systems engineering. A practical gateway to further studies in this broad filed.

By Nitish S

Jan 17, 2020

Excellent course to start a new career or change a role as a system engineer.Feel happy to join such a nice course.Thanks.

By Anthony D

Jul 18, 2021

A comprehensive course that briefly covers the entire systems engineering lifecycle using easy to understand examples.

By Fabio G d S

Apr 29, 2020

Very detailed and comprehensive material. Tests and exercises are a perfect support in order to reinforce the content.

By Skandarama K

Mar 14, 2020

Good. But extensipn practice exercises must be be in relation with prace exericises. so that we can solve easily.

By Jake K Y

Jan 29, 2021

I enjoyed the weekly challenge of interesting practical work. It really gave a good understanding of the course.

By aakash S

Aug 24, 2020

Courser provides a nice introduction to systems engineering and is full of theory examples related to the field.

By laura

Oct 12, 2019

The Lectures are well structured and delivered clearly. It's a great course for some formal training in SE.

By Pradeeskumar S

Jul 19, 2020

Very informative and detailed. helps to understand the basics of system engineering to start with. Thanks