Back to The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning by University of Colorado Boulder

Social and emotional learning, or SEL, programs have flourished in schools during the last decade. While this growth has been impressive, inadequate attention has been paid to teachers’ social and emotional learning. In this course Dan Liston and Randy Testa introduce you to various rationales for why teacher SEL is needed as well as examine and reflect on various emotions in teaching and learning. This course is a part of the 5-course Specialization “The Teacher and Social Emotional Learning (SEL)”. Interested in earning 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization?? If so check out "How you can earn 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization" reading in the first module of this course for additional information. We want to note that the courses in this Specialization were designed with a three-credit university course load in mind. As a participant you may notice a bit more reading content and a little less video/lecture content. Completing and passing the SEL Specialization allows the participant to apply for 3 graduate credits toward teacher re-certification and professional enhancement. We want to ensure the quality and high standards of a University of Colorado learning experience. Interested in earning 3 graduate credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for The Teacher and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Specialization? Check out "How you can earn 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization" reading in the first week of this course for more information....

SA

Jul 27, 2020

It is an amazing course for all teachers and educationists who want to dig deep into the subject of social and emotional learning. I learned so many things and I hope it will benefit me in the future.

A

Jan 05, 2019

I was feeling down about my recent teaching experiences and this course has reconnected me to why I began teaching in the first place. I will return to the readings for future enlightenment.

26 - 50 of 118 Reviews for The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning

By Maria E D

Aug 24, 2020

A course full of insights; intellectually, emotionally and spiritually engaging. Thanks, I will continue with the other courses in the specialization as is transformative!!

By Catherine N

May 07, 2020

This course really helped me to step back and view teaching and myself as a teacher in a new lens. I have enjoyed learning about SEL in teaching and ultimately the teacher.

By Ali W H

Mar 05, 2020

From the first week this course has changed my mentality not only as a possible teacher but also as a human being, thanks to :

University of Colorado Boulder

Coursera

By kavitha K

Oct 15, 2020

Really wonderful sessions and an eye opener for the teachers. It enhanced the self esteem of me as a teacher even if teaching is the least paid profession in India

By Neelam Y B

Jun 01, 2020

Very helpful and easy to understand. Videos and learning recordings are very helpful. Thank you for all the support. Look ahead for more learnings and insights.

By Martha R

Jun 26, 2018

I loved it, it´s helping me with my own way of teaching and beeing a mother (I´m learning what I want my daughter to have in her life) and what really matters

By M.Priyadarshini

Jun 04, 2020

I really loved the course. They were very interesting. The materials were awesome and provided necessary knowledge regarding the course very well.

By Thiago V C

Jul 20, 2020

This was an incredible experience of learning and personal and professional growth. I am amazed by the course and I want to go on until the end.

By Mariana P V

Feb 22, 2020

Very interesting readings - I enjoyed the introductions to each module and the discussion prompts to keep in mind going through the material.

By Masood M

Aug 02, 2020

Thanks for bringing the essence of social and emotional learning in teaching from all over the experienced and notable persons and writers.

By Seema M

Nov 06, 2019

great videos and insights to various of social and emotional learning for teachers.

the test modules after each session is very impressive

By Soundharya S

Aug 31, 2020

I learned many new things and strategies from this course.I got new belief and also I am in hope that I will create a better society.

By Jose A

Aug 20, 2020

This course is amazing, you really learn on how to became a better teacher from the bottom of your own being.

By Denise J A L

Jul 13, 2020

Of all the courses related to teaching that I have enrolled in Coursera so far this is the most enlightening!

By Youssef A R

Jun 09, 2018

Very nice and interesting. Helped in understanding motives and what we should work on to succeed in teaching.

By Heidy E G B

May 22, 2020

es un curso que brinda las herramientas necesarias para docentes interesados en el desarrollo socioemocional

By Anran

Jun 15, 2018

Inspiring course with rich materials and open opportunities for further exploration along your own interest!

By DALE D S

Jun 25, 2020

Thank you so much! It was fun to learned different Avenue's on how to proponged my passion in teaching.

By Michael F

Jun 24, 2019

I learned so many important aspects of the emotional and social challenges teachers face over time.

By Elizabeth A D

Mar 15, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this class. I enjoyed Parker J Palmers excerpt from "The Courage to Teach".

By Mrs. R

Oct 27, 2020

I strongly recommend this course! It has changed my life and the way I am currently teaching.

By 王智强

Dec 04, 2019

It is a great course to help me understand the career of teacher and how should a teacher do.

By Michelle B

Aug 06, 2019

A great balance of readings and videos. The material is very engaging and thought-provoking.

By Jorge B

Nov 05, 2018

Una experiencia de aprendizaje estupenda.

Ha satisfecho mis expectativas completamente.

By LUKMANUL H M

May 04, 2020

Very informative, as teacher it will more help in my journey of learning and teaching