Back to The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning by University of Colorado Boulder

Social and emotional learning, or SEL, programs have flourished in schools during the last decade. While this growth has been impressive, inadequate attention has been paid to teachers’ social and emotional learning. In this course Dan Liston and Randy Testa introduce you to various rationales for why teacher SEL is needed as well as examine and reflect on various emotions in teaching and learning. This course is a part of the 5-course Specialization “The Teacher and Social Emotional Learning (SEL)”. Interested in earning 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization?? If so check out "How you can earn 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization" reading in the first module of this course for additional information. We want to note that the courses in this Specialization were designed with a three-credit university course load in mind. As a participant you may notice a bit more reading content and a little less video/lecture content. Completing and passing the SEL Specialization allows the participant to apply for 3 graduate credits toward teacher re-certification and professional enhancement. We want to ensure the quality and high standards of a University of Colorado learning experience. Interested in earning 3 graduate credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for The Teacher and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Specialization? Check out "How you can earn 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization" reading in the first week of this course for more information....

SA
Jul 26, 2020

It is an amazing course for all teachers and educationists who want to dig deep into the subject of social and emotional learning. I learned so many things and I hope it will benefit me in the future.

A
Jan 4, 2019

I was feeling down about my recent teaching experiences and this course has reconnected me to why I began teaching in the first place. I will return to the readings for future enlightenment.

51 - 75 of 145 Reviews for The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning

By Anran

Jun 15, 2018

Inspiring course with rich materials and open opportunities for further exploration along your own interest!

By DALE D S

Jun 25, 2020

Thank you so much! It was fun to learned different Avenue's on how to proponged my passion in teaching.

By Michael F

Jun 23, 2019

I learned so many important aspects of the emotional and social challenges teachers face over time.

By ENESERGE M

Nov 16, 2020

even though i'm not a teacher but teaching stategies it is something even you can use as a parent

By Кутузова А А

Apr 26, 2021

An excellent course useful for modern teachers to expand their own knowledge and practical skills

By Elizabeth A D

Mar 15, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this class. I enjoyed Parker J Palmers excerpt from "The Courage to Teach".

By Mrs. R

Mar 23, 2021

I strongly recommend this course! It has changed my life and the way I am currently teaching.

By 王智强

Dec 4, 2019

It is a great course to help me understand the career of teacher and how should a teacher do.

By Michelle B

Aug 6, 2019

A great balance of readings and videos. The material is very engaging and thought-provoking.

By Jorge B

Nov 5, 2018

Una experiencia de aprendizaje estupenda.

Ha satisfecho mis expectativas completamente.

By LUKMANUL H M

May 4, 2020

Very informative, as teacher it will more help in my journey of learning and teaching

By Laura S

Nov 15, 2020

Excelente el material, los instructores y muy alto el nivel de la información.

By Alma W

May 13, 2020

This is amazing, I think every teacher should be required to take this course.

By Maryium A

Sep 8, 2020

Readings were very long but very insightful and perfect selection.

By Santiago •

Apr 2, 2020

If you really care about being a great teacher, ¡take this course!

By Danniel T

Mar 13, 2021

It was really good and improve myself as a teacher and a person.

By Pooja M M

Aug 29, 2020

Excellent and well planned course. Deals very well with subject.

By Rosaura G

Oct 27, 2020

I learned and refreshed concepts I read more than 20 years ago.

By Dilek O

May 7, 2020

It was great experience for learning the importance of the SEL.

By Oge A

Jan 23, 2020

I am really grateful for this course.I learnt a lot. Thank you!

By Luisa V

Oct 30, 2019

Excellent selection of videos, articles and reflections.

By Lina L

Jun 22, 2019

A really good Mooc, you learn so much about SEL, thank u

By Glarries n m

Mar 20, 2021

Thank you for helping us with the free courses.thank u

By Radhika B

Jan 4, 2021

Thank you for giving me this wonderful experience.