Back to The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning by University of Colorado Boulder

Social and emotional learning, or SEL, programs have flourished in schools during the last decade. While this growth has been impressive, inadequate attention has been paid to teachers’ social and emotional learning. In this course Dan Liston and Randy Testa introduce you to various rationales for why teacher SEL is needed as well as examine and reflect on various emotions in teaching and learning. This course is a part of the 5-course Specialization “The Teacher and Social Emotional Learning (SEL)”. Interested in earning 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization?? If so check out "How you can earn 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization" reading in the first module of this course for additional information. We want to note that the courses in this Specialization were designed with a three-credit university course load in mind. As a participant you may notice a bit more reading content and a little less video/lecture content. Completing and passing the SEL Specialization allows the participant to apply for 3 graduate credits toward teacher re-certification and professional enhancement. We want to ensure the quality and high standards of a University of Colorado learning experience. Interested in earning 3 graduate credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for The Teacher and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Specialization? Check out "How you can earn 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization" reading in the first week of this course for more information....

SA

Jul 27, 2020

It is an amazing course for all teachers and educationists who want to dig deep into the subject of social and emotional learning. I learned so many things and I hope it will benefit me in the future.

A

Jan 05, 2019

I was feeling down about my recent teaching experiences and this course has reconnected me to why I began teaching in the first place. I will return to the readings for future enlightenment.

101 - 115 of 115 Reviews for The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning

By Tara O

Mar 01, 2018

Helpful course and enjoyed the process. To improve the course it may be beneficial to add more modern articles and some more information on contemporary research.

By Kandice S

Jan 22, 2020

Dewey promotes racial disenfranchisement and I didn't like that we ended promoting his believes. Other than that, I very much enjoyed the entire process.

By Cory J

Jun 02, 2018

The video are nice and the chapters are interesting. I haven't seen how I can implement any of the concepts into my own class room or life.

By Michelle H

Jun 03, 2018

The content offered in this course gave me lots of food for thought in terms of my own personal self-awareness.

By Ivette A D V R

Sep 29, 2020

Es un curso increíble de trabajo interno y reflexión personal

By Heather R

Apr 27, 2020

Dewey's Creed at the end of the course didn't seem necessary.

By Casey C

Jan 22, 2020

It's a good intro to why SEL is really important for teachers

By TENZIN D

May 09, 2020

It was good experienced to learned something new .

By Saleh M A

Oct 16, 2020

Important insight on learning

By Uma S

very good

By Mark H

Sep 21, 2019

It was ok. too academic with little link to the practical environment.

By Eugenia K

Jan 05, 2018

The course was too theoretical, based on long reading passages bordering on literature rather than scientific essays based on research or actual findings. I enjoyed the ted-ex videos, some of which I had already seen before anyway. I would prefer a course which is more to the point, more based on video talks rather than long texts written from a personal perspective. I will not be continuing with the rest of the course, I have not found it very helpful or enlightening.

By Fleischer S

Sep 08, 2019

Sometimes I found the material repetitive and too theoretical. We learned about how to improve engagement and how to connect with pupils in a way completley not showing these. Altough, I was challenged to read a lot in English and also I found some intereting topics and text. I wont recomend this course for an active teacher, I belive this is for those who learn for academics.

By Stephan M

Aug 28, 2019

Hard to teach SEL skills online. Didn't like it. As an SEL specialist in my school district, we like the face to face engagement. That's how we grow our emotional intelligence skills. I paid a lot for this course and didn't finish, YET. Should've canceled after the first lesson unit. Not a problem, but wish I could get my money back.

By Abdurrachman M