Back to The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning by University of Colorado Boulder

Social and emotional learning, or SEL, programs have flourished in schools during the last decade. While this growth has been impressive, inadequate attention has been paid to teachers’ social and emotional learning. In this course Dan Liston and Randy Testa introduce you to various rationales for why teacher SEL is needed as well as examine and reflect on various emotions in teaching and learning. This course is a part of the 5-course Specialization “The Teacher and Social Emotional Learning (SEL)”. Interested in earning 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization?? If so check out "How you can earn 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization" reading in the first module of this course for additional information. We want to note that the courses in this Specialization were designed with a three-credit university course load in mind. As a participant you may notice a bit more reading content and a little less video/lecture content. Completing and passing the SEL Specialization allows the participant to apply for 3 graduate credits toward teacher re-certification and professional enhancement. We want to ensure the quality and high standards of a University of Colorado learning experience. Interested in earning 3 graduate credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for The Teacher and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Specialization? Check out "How you can earn 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization" reading in the first week of this course for more information....

A

Jan 05, 2019

I was feeling down about my recent teaching experiences and this course has reconnected me to why I began teaching in the first place. I will return to the readings for future enlightenment.

AP

May 25, 2018

There is a lot of material here that I need to read and re-read. I do not feel that I have completed a course...I think this is just the beginning of a whole new cycle. Thank you:)

1 - 25 of 43 Reviews for The Teacher's Social and Emotional Learning

By Alannah D

Jan 05, 2019

By Elizabeth A D

Mar 15, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this class. I enjoyed Parker J Palmers excerpt from "The Courage to Teach".

By Trish D

Aug 11, 2018

This course is extremely helpful to teachers wanting/needing to re-energize. It affirms thoughts and feelings experienced by teachers on a regular basis, but provides a framework to change the way we think about those feelings. Well worth taking.

By Vasif V

May 07, 2018

Perfect

By Muhammad G

Mar 11, 2018

Great insights on a much neglected or marginalized aspect of social and emotional learning that is centered on the teacher as the corner stone of a healthy educational environment.

By Anran

Jun 15, 2018

Inspiring course with rich materials and open opportunities for further exploration along your own interest!

By Martha R M

Jun 26, 2018

I loved it, it´s helping me with my own way of teaching and beeing a mother (I´m learning what I want my daughter to have in her life) and what really matters

By Jorge B

Nov 05, 2018

Una experiencia de aprendizaje estupenda.

Ha satisfecho mis expectativas completamente.

By Amber S

May 02, 2019

I really enjoyed this course and found many things that I can take back and apply for Professional Development with teachers. The only suggestion is on Week 5 - the questions on the first video do not match. They are supposed to be on the second Duckworth Video. Thanks!

By Jessica W

Apr 21, 2019

Awesome, research based, practical, engaging and relevant. This is an excellent course for those who work in education and want to learn more about the importance of Teacher's knowing themselves and their emotions, students social emotional learning and social emotional program choices for school wide and classroom implementation.

By Christopher C

Jun 03, 2019

Great course to bring SEL into your mindset.

By Lina M L E

Jun 22, 2019

A really good Mooc, you learn so much about SEL, thank u

By Michael F

Jun 24, 2019

I learned so many important aspects of the emotional and social challenges teachers face over time.

By Antonieta G

Jul 01, 2019

I like the contetns and the perspective

By Trevor W G

Jul 18, 2019

I loved this course, it was a lot more involved in developing a foundation, of emotional intelligence and self efficacy for teachers than I expected. The sincerity and dedication of John Liston to making a positive impact on educators taking this course was apparent in the pdfs he authored - it was a joy and a privilege to take this course.

By MP

Jul 31, 2019

Well designed course. Thank you

By Michelle B

Aug 06, 2019

A great balance of readings and videos. The material is very engaging and thought-provoking.

By Jose A d S

Sep 25, 2019

I really liked this course. It is very useful for teachers once it makes them aware of the importance of dealing with their own emotions to better connect with their students and help them develop a love of learning.

By Luisa V

Oct 31, 2019

Excellent selection of videos, articles and reflections.

By Boon H S

Oct 20, 2019

This course is resourceful and provide wide range of knowledge. It is important to note that self-learning is a key factor to succeed in this course as materials are given to learners to read by themselves. Nonetheless, I love how it gives space and time for learners to think by themselves or to have own opinions in different matters.u

By Jose A

Nov 24, 2019

This course is amazing, you really learn on how to became a better teacher from the bottom of your own being.

By 王智强

Dec 04, 2019

It is a great course to help me understand the career of teacher and how should a teacher do.

By Crystal G F

Jun 11, 2019

This course included great reading material!

By heather s

Nov 04, 2019

very useful and loved the knowledge

By Nang M T A