Back to Tricky English Grammar

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky English Grammar by University of California, Irvine

English is a difficult language to learn because of its many obscure grammatical rules, which are fairly easy to mess up--even for native speakers. While it’s easy for non-native speakers to get overwhelmed by confusing grammar rules, in this course, we'll provide you with tips that will help you understand the rules more easily and give you lots of practice with the tricky grammar of everyday English. Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

NY

Sep 30, 2018

I found this course is very useful for me. I'd recommend for the learners who want to review or improve grammar. Thanks to all instructors from UC Irvine, They did very excellent job!

Oct 07, 2017

I am really pleased to be part of this course. So many new concepts to learn in a fun way.Highly recommended to all non-native speakers of English.

126 - 141 of 141 Reviews for Tricky English Grammar

By jhonny

Apr 05, 2018

good cuorse, with much information and practice ¡¡¡

By Monica S

Jan 30, 2017

This course was very helpful. I was not aware of several mistakes that I usually make before taking this course. I feel more confident after learning new tips and being able to identify the areas that I must improve. Taking in consideration that grammar covers a lot of topics, the professors were able to summarize the most important topics and to make the classes interactive.

By Ibrahim M A S

Aug 18, 2016

This course is very useful. There are so many notes that we don't pay more attention to. I recommend studying every single word carefully.

By Azam

Mar 07, 2018

This course was perfect for me. I learned tricky English grammar that baffled me for a long time. The material was presented in such a manner that I could learned them by spending few hours every week. I highly recommend this course to non native English speakers, who speak English well but often make grammatical mistakes.

By Andrea D

Mar 13, 2018

Really good! But I rather not know the wrong collocations. I do not want to know how not to do it, if you know what I mean....

Thank you so much.

By Julia F U

Aug 11, 2016

The course is really great and approaches the most common English mistakes. However I believe the approach could be more adult.

By Suryansh A

Jul 06, 2019

This is the best course for learn new things that many people don't know. Tricky English grammar is not easy to learn but by this course it can be possible to learn.

In this course, a lot of videos, practice quizzes and readings are available to learn easily with understanding. Here, we can make our personal notes to revise.

So, it is so much interesting, amazing and fantastic course to learn "Tricky English Grammar".

By Taghizadeh

Sep 15, 2017

Good course

By 魏轩

Apr 05, 2018

I think it could be better if can receive the information that explains why I am wrong when I make a mistake in the test, but not just receive a reminder which tells me to look the video again.

By Козачук Д О

Oct 05, 2016

I liked it!

The only problem is a webcam that a lot of people do not have.

By Sylvana

Aug 19, 2016

Pretty good I think

By Evgeniya T

Aug 26, 2016

This is an instructive course but not represented in a very engaging way. I wish that the representers find a more interesting and engaging way to teach grammar. I will be doing the whole specialization but there moments that I get so bored and unmotivated, I have to force myself to keep going. And I love English and find grammar interesting in general.

By Thomas Z

Jan 10, 2018

There were many things that could be done in a much better way:

- The quizzes contain way too less questions. There should be at least 15 to 20 of them to be done in the respect of proving someone's capabilities. These should be drawn by chance out of a much bigger pool - at least three times more than displayed in one quiz. After each trial should be a break of at least one hour to force the student to read and learn about the subject. Now it's enough to memorize the wrong answers and don't mark them again when doing the next trial one minute later. Its way too easy to get a good percentage even if you know pretty nothing.

- There are two or sometimes three modules in one week. This is too much. One module - one week. I think the courses should last at least six ( better 8) weeks to assure the topics covered were well understood.

- The videos are made in a bad quality - sometimes it sounds as they were recorded by an Edison's phonograph.

- The peer-to-peer assignments should need at least 5 reviews to get an average which is not influenced by a student who has no idea about the topics and is marking correct sentences as wrong ones.

- The 'pointage' in the reviews done by peers should offer a wider possibility of differenciation in rating.

- The performance of the orthography should be rated in every review. Nearly a third of the submissions I read were done in a grousy manner.

- The courses 2 and 3 shouldn't run the same course-weeks at the same time. Some students try to save some money and rush through both courses at the same time to get the certificate in less than four weeks. Doing this way, the efficiency decrases. As I already mentioned before, the amount is too much in one week in one course. Redoubling the workload will exacerbate the situation.

- The certificates should show the percentage the student earned. It is not very difficult to get a certificate in any of your courses no matter which subject and student's rare knowledge. I earned 100% and get the same certificate as another one who hardly passed. Even there is no credit related to any academical carreer, I'd prefer to impress somebody with a result of A++ written on the certificate.

Sincerely, Thomas Zimmermann

By Nicolas A

Jul 15, 2019

Basic

By Simona C

Sep 18, 2018

The course is actually interesting but this it the only place where I can write down what is in general wrong about the entire course. There is no way to interact with teachers or other students which is causing me a delay in finishing the course. I have finished all my assignment very fast, but I cannot complete the "grade your peers" because there is nothing to grade. Considering that the subscription fee is based on how long you need to finish the course, this is a very unfair system, to make us paying more even if we are actually done. Very disappointed by you.

By Ekaterina B

Apr 17, 2017

It is very very bad that only students assess the assignments. Lots of students can't count sentences, can't see and generally are very negligent in evaluating the work of others. No teachers involve the process. No appelation possibility, no forum for discussions!