Back to Tricky English Grammar

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky English Grammar by University of California, Irvine

English is a difficult language to learn because of its many obscure grammatical rules, which are fairly easy to mess up--even for native speakers. While it’s easy for non-native speakers to get overwhelmed by confusing grammar rules, in this course, we'll provide you with tips that will help you understand the rules more easily and give you lots of practice with the tricky grammar of everyday English. Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

NY
Sep 29, 2018

I found this course is very useful for me. I'd recommend for the learners who want to review or improve grammar. Thanks to all instructors from UC Irvine, They did very excellent job!

JM
Sep 1, 2020

It is a very good course, the content is clear, didactic, and provides a lot of knowledge.\n\nEs un muy buen curso, el contenido es claro, didáctico, y aporta mucho conocimiento.

51 - 75 of 319 Reviews for Tricky English Grammar

Nov 13, 2020

SO GOOD

By 魏轩

Apr 5, 2018

I think it could be better if can receive the information that explains why I am wrong when I make a mistake in the test, but not just receive a reminder which tells me to look the video again.

By Simona C

Sep 18, 2018

The course is actually interesting but this it the only place where I can write down what is in general wrong about the entire course. There is no way to interact with teachers or other students which is causing me a delay in finishing the course. I have finished all my assignment very fast, but I cannot complete the "grade your peers" because there is nothing to grade. Considering that the subscription fee is based on how long you need to finish the course, this is a very unfair system, to make us paying more even if we are actually done. Very disappointed by you.

By Ekaterina B

Apr 17, 2017

It is very very bad that only students assess the assignments. Lots of students can't count sentences, can't see and generally are very negligent in evaluating the work of others. No teachers involve the process. No appelation possibility, no forum for discussions!

By Katherine M M B

Aug 20, 2020

I loved it very much, very good explanation, I had never learned as much of the language as until now, in my opinion it is an excellent program, I think it is the best.

The instructors are very good and the best thing is that I can understand very well when they teach.

By Lada L

Jun 25, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot! The tasks don't make you feel tired but inspire you in a way instead. You feel like learning more and more. I've got some very useful tips from this course which I will definitely use in my further career. Thank you!

By Siddharth M

Jul 1, 2020

Many thanks to the folks at UC Irvine and at Coursera for providing a platform for students to keep learning during these difficult time. I really enjoyed the course and it will certainly help me become a better speaker of the English language.

By Joel M O

Oct 5, 2020

Realmente me ayudó mucho en aprender cuales son mis errores gramaticales, todos los videos fueron muy buenos y los ejemplos muy claros, además los exámenes eran rápidos y muy enfocados en cada lección. Excelente cursó.

By RAQUEL N

Oct 29, 2020

Wow! I learned a lot from this course. No trick about it, it's remarkably interesting and just so awesome that it's easy to understand their lectures and presentations. Thank you very much to all excellent professors.

By Rachit A

Jul 29, 2020

It gave me an opportunity to take care of typical nuances while using English grammatically in tricky situations. It also improved my confidence in using English for writing daily communication messages and letters.

By Gbenle I F

Sep 23, 2020

I really love this course. I'm grateful to coursera for the opportunity to take this course. It has been really helpful to me, and I have learnt new tricky words and how to use them correctly. Thank you Coursera!

By RIYA D S

Aug 23, 2020

Best course if you really want to improve your grammar skills. Every concept has been explained thoroughly. Keep notes, and you don't have to go anywhere to find extra information related to explained topics.

By Oscar A B B

Mar 15, 2021

Amazing course! It solved a lot of questions I had for many years. Highly recommended for everyone who learns English by its own and needs to know more about the underlying rules of English grammar.

By Гусейнова А Б

This is a great course! He gave me so much, in Russia we value foreign courses very much and this course will help me open doors. Thank you to the organizers for this opportunity! Thank You Coursera

By Elisabeth F M B G

Jun 15, 2020

I learned o lot from this course. Since I have completed the first three courses, I would like to get access to the last course, the capstone project, but that does not seem to be possible.

By Angel S C C

Oct 26, 2020

Excelent! and very intuitive!. Actually it is a very good course. The pronunciation and explanation from teachers is great, neat, and clear. I will sound more like a native one. Thanks

By Alejandra S G

Apr 21, 2021

Es un buen curso para aprender la gramática del inglés y aprender las diferencias y problemas que se pueden presentar con la similitud de algunas palabras.

By Heyner J C S

Jul 17, 2020

I', really happy after all its lessons here. I am sure that I can do better my works and I will be learning more. This Course has everthing.

By Rania A

Feb 4, 2021

it's really useful course for whom who wants to take control using tricky Grammar mistakes. Moreover it's (an easy to understand) course

By Samved I

Jun 19, 2020

I am of the considered view that such courses need incorporate a Discussion Forum. In all other respects, the course is excellent.

By Harsh B

Sep 10, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. I am into technical writing and I am sure that this course will help me in my future pursuits.

By Wint M N

Oct 19, 2020

This course gives me effective short video lessons with exercises to build my own sentences using confused words efficiently.

By Wilson H G C

Aug 12, 2020

It is a fantastic course, you really learn a lot about interesting and confusing topics. I highly recommend it.