Back to Hypothesis-Driven Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Hypothesis-Driven Development by University of Virginia

To deliver agile outcomes, you have to do more than implement an agile process- you have to create focus around what matters to your user and rigorously test how well what you’re doing is delivering on that focus. Driving to testable ideas (hypotheses) and maximizing the results of your experimentation is at the heart of a high-functioning practice of agile. This course shows you how to facilitate alignment and create a culture of experimentation across your product pipeline. You’ll understand how to answer these four big questions: 1. How do we drive our agility with analytics? 2. How do we create compelling propositions for our user?
 3. How do we achieve excellent usability?
 4. How do we release fast without creating disasters?
 As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 20 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122) This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

MB

Jan 30, 2019

Alex does an excellent job in structuring and delivering his courses. Definitely makes me want to continue educational opportunities with his courses offered and University of Virginia.

OS

Jun 26, 2017

I thought this was a very good practical course. It was challenging for me since I lack experience in software development industry, but I thought it gave me a very good framework.

1 - 25 of 64 Reviews for Hypothesis-Driven Development

By Meghan C

Jul 02, 2016

This course is not meant to stand alone as a single course, rather is a portion of a larger Agile Development course. I'm sure the information included is very informative, but it references information that was included in other courses. The first lessons start with diagrams that are not explained and terms that are not defined (which I presume were probably covered in the first course). Also plenty of references to information from other courses ("Previously we learned" "Remember the example").

Dropped the course, not that I didn't understand it, but rather it was not worth my time to play "catch-up" on my own. Suggest removing this course as a free-standing course, or revising to allow the data/lectures to stand on their own.

By Matthew B

Jan 30, 2019

By Nicola Z

May 27, 2018

very interesting and helpful experience. I can suggest this course to all people who want to learn something about agile. Great job mr Alex!

By VINOD T

Mar 26, 2019

very helpful

By Mahendra S

Mar 28, 2019

Very Great course everyone should do this who works in testing. very helpful for future.

By Andreu M N

Jul 14, 2018

I totally recommend this course. Well prepared, interesting interviews done by Alex to several professional with well-known reputation, good explanations, and well-prepared exercises. It’s totally worth to invest your time and money if you want to start in Agile.

By Shin-Ing C

Jul 11, 2018

Provides a very complete and clear picture of software testing

By Paulius U

Jul 29, 2018

Comprehensive, detailed and well worth the time. Everyone in software development business should take this.

By Mauricio L

Feb 25, 2018

Very nice as i learned the different aspects of testing using agile approach vs legacy

By Rahil N

Feb 16, 2018

Great course learned alot about testing types and processes

By saeed s s

Aug 23, 2017

very helpful course

By Paulo H C

Apr 15, 2017

The evaluations instructions some times are a little vague, but the material is very helpful. Thank you!

By Quentin A

Nov 11, 2017

Excellent overview of testing in Agile. The course refreshed a lot of basic things for me, and reminded me about the importance of automation. The course also discusses how to tie in personas and use cases into testing, and why they should be driving the testing process (instead of the requirements list). Recommended.

By Jaime S

Jun 26, 2018

This was a good course for developing a good foundation of CI/CD and testing practices in lean methodologies. This course incorporates a lot of interviews with experts in the industry, which I find helpful and informative. The exercises in the class were also helpful and applicable.

By Muhammad Y

Aug 22, 2017

I could have not think of such a great courses offered by University of Virginia. Specially Alex is a great teacher. He tells us every thing perfectly with example from real life practitioners. I hope i would have a great career ahead.

By Oleg S

Jun 26, 2017

By Erez M

Apr 30, 2018

It might sound strange, but there are only a few good courses that really deal with agile development. This course is definitly one of them. I have enjoyed the format of this course and the journey it took me through. The live interviews with experts from the industry are a great bonus to the learning. Thank you Alex!.

By Dion S B

Feb 09, 2017

Provides a lot of good insight on getting new code to production in a fast, high quality manner. The course has help me focus on the deployment pipeline.

By Muhammad S

Aug 23, 2017

Good Course!

By David T

Jul 09, 2017

Who, what, how and why. So important and Agile provides the framework to help me Hypothesize, experiment and learn from my efforts.

By Jason D

Dec 13, 2017

Very interesting and lots of practical, actionable advice.

By Ricardo B

Oct 26, 2017

Fantastic course.

By Karl G

Oct 07, 2017

Great course. The material is well designed and I learned a lot, throughout the specialization so far.

By Patricia F

Feb 17, 2018

Very interesting and useful! It completes the overall understanding of the specialization course!

By Latonia D