Back to Hypothesis-Driven Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Hypothesis-Driven Development by University of Virginia

To deliver agile outcomes, you have to do more than implement agile processes- you have to create focus around what matters to your user and constantly test your ideas. This is easier said than done, but most of today’s high-functioning innovators have a strong culture of experimentation. In this course, you’ll learn how to identify the right questions at the right time, and pair them with the right methods to do just enough testing to make sure you minimize waste and maximize the outcomes you create with your user. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 20 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122) This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

MB

Jan 30, 2019

Alex does an excellent job in structuring and delivering his courses. Definitely makes me want to continue educational opportunities with his courses offered and University of Virginia.

MS

Jul 24, 2020

Alex delivers a concise message and provides real-world examples coupled with interviews with industry experts that assist in a deeper understanding of how and when to apply Agile,

1 - 25 of 103 Reviews for Hypothesis-Driven Development

By Meghan C

Jul 02, 2016

This course is not meant to stand alone as a single course, rather is a portion of a larger Agile Development course. I'm sure the information included is very informative, but it references information that was included in other courses. The first lessons start with diagrams that are not explained and terms that are not defined (which I presume were probably covered in the first course). Also plenty of references to information from other courses ("Previously we learned" "Remember the example").

Dropped the course, not that I didn't understand it, but rather it was not worth my time to play "catch-up" on my own. Suggest removing this course as a free-standing course, or revising to allow the data/lectures to stand on their own.

By Rhea A D

Mar 18, 2018

The course contains complete detailed information on Agile Testing. Users should make the best use of this course knowledge as now all the companies are now moving to Agile.

By Dion S B

Feb 09, 2017

Provides a lot of good insight on getting new code to production in a fast, high quality manner. The course has help me focus on the deployment pipeline.

By Roberto L

May 16, 2018

Agile course is well structured and teaching material

By François L

Dec 27, 2017

Much overlap with the previous courses.

By Utkarsh K

Sep 18, 2020

I think this course was well-structured. However, I believe this course was difficult compared to the previous one. It was long and challenging. Nevertheless, there was lots to learn. I would urge the faculty to please teach the content from Week 4 (on DevOps) in greater detail since the concepts were not as clear to me as I expected them to be. Thank you very much!

By Quentin A

Nov 11, 2017

Excellent overview of testing in Agile. The course refreshed a lot of basic things for me, and reminded me about the importance of automation. The course also discusses how to tie in personas and use cases into testing, and why they should be driving the testing process (instead of the requirements list). Recommended.

By Erez M

Apr 30, 2018

It might sound strange, but there are only a few good courses that really deal with agile development. This course is definitly one of them. I have enjoyed the format of this course and the journey it took me through. The live interviews with experts from the industry are a great bonus to the learning. Thank you Alex!.

By Jaime S

Jun 26, 2018

This was a good course for developing a good foundation of CI/CD and testing practices in lean methodologies. This course incorporates a lot of interviews with experts in the industry, which I find helpful and informative. The exercises in the class were also helpful and applicable.

By Andreu M N

Jul 14, 2018

I totally recommend this course. Well prepared, interesting interviews done by Alex to several professional with well-known reputation, good explanations, and well-prepared exercises. It’s totally worth to invest your time and money if you want to start in Agile.

By Muhammad Y

Aug 22, 2017

I could have not think of such a great courses offered by University of Virginia. Specially Alex is a great teacher. He tells us every thing perfectly with example from real life practitioners. I hope i would have a great career ahead.

By Sairam U

Aug 13, 2020

I like the course especially because of the way the instructor, Alex Cowan delivers it. There are so many valuable points that have been covered, yet the course is not very lengthy at all. Proper value for time, money and effort.

By Yedidya A

Jun 21, 2020

The revised course version is clearly improved.

Focusing on the main points and encouraging learner to implement the principles for their own projects as they understand will be the best for their team and organization.

By Matthew B

Jan 30, 2019

By Magnus S

Jul 24, 2020

By Oleg S

Jun 26, 2017

I thought this was a very good practical course. It was challenging for me since I lack experience in software development industry, but I thought it gave me a very good framework.

By Archana N .

May 01, 2020

Alex has explained each and everything in a very simplified manner which helps us to understand the concept so well. It was a pleasure going through the course. Thanks a lot.

By Martín H S

Jul 23, 2020

Really good course, I learn how hypothesis works in agile work flow. An easy way to learn and improve your testing hypothesis to get results at the end of the sprints.

By CHANDRA P K

Sep 25, 2018

This course actually bring all that knowledge into light which has been taught in Course 1-3. all videos specially the interview are the essence of this course.

By Hemant B K

Aug 28, 2019

Very good content and presentation. Liked the talks by different people from industry which gives a real world perspective from Agile practitioners

By Yasmin

Mar 11, 2020

I love this course as it introduces me to new concepts and I felt it very interactive particularly, Anders wallgreens and continous delivery.

By Nicola Z

May 27, 2018

very interesting and helpful experience. I can suggest this course to all people who want to learn something about agile. Great job mr Alex!

By Tanmaya P

Jun 29, 2020

Great content ! Alex is an awesome teacher ! I have never liked other non technical courses as the content gets repetitive after a point .

By David T

Jul 09, 2017

Who, what, how and why. So important and Agile provides the framework to help me Hypothesize, experiment and learn from my efforts.

By Miguel A T A

May 13, 2019

Es un muy buen curso, me dio mucha luz sobre la importancia de la automatización de las pruebas en equipos ágiles de desarrollo.