Back to Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values

Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values, University of Virginia

About this Course

This course offers an action-oriented introduction to Giving Voice to Values (or GVV), an exciting new approach to values-driven leadership development in the workplace, in business education and in life. GVV is not about persuading people to be more ethical, but instead it starts from the premise that most of us already want to act on our values, but that we also want to feel that we have a reasonable chance of doing so effectively. Through positive, real life examples, pre-scripting, rehearsal and peer coaching, GVV builds the skill, the confidence and likelihood that we will act on our values more often and more successfully. Based on research and practice, with over 1,000 pilots in educational settings and companies on all seven continents, GVV helps answer the questions: “What if I were going to act on my values? What would I say and do? How could I be most effective?” You will come away from this course with an expanded toolkit, as well as practice, in a variety of methods and techniques for voicing and enacting your own values and principles. You will develop and practice leadership skills in "peer coaching” with other learners. Through cases and stories based on recognizable workplace, classroom and life values conflicts, you will apply the GVV techniques and “re-frames”, expanding your repertoire for possible action as well as identifying and rehearsing responses that are likely to be most effective. Through this practice, you will gain greater confidence and competence in voicing and enacting your values effectively....

By JN

Jul 23, 2018

The content in this course matches what you will face in the real world and gives an accurate portrayal to the true dilemma in ethical behavior in organizations. I very much enjoyed this course!

By KP

May 13, 2018

Loved it. I looked forward to doing the work because it made me think through real challenges I was facing in new and productive ways.

12 Reviews

By Anand Kumar shaw

May 20, 2019

Thank you Coursera to make me knowledgeable in the LEADERSHIP field.

By Seydou Soumano

May 10, 2019

C'etait très interessant

By DIPANJAN GUCHAIT

Apr 12, 2019

It was a great and enjoyable course. There was a lot of things to learn and implement.

By Ankush Chakraborty

Mar 30, 2019

good

By Supratim Saha

Mar 25, 2019

This course is really important for today's leaders.

By Arnab Roy

Jan 14, 2019

Excellent course. Loved the Course. Loved Coursera to help me do this course. Thank you Coursera.

By Rishab Das

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent

By Joshua Nicklin

Jul 23, 2018

By Sunil S Ingle

Jun 05, 2018

This course should be part of academic curriculum, client on-boarding, employee orientation. I learned a lot from this course. I often found myself in situations where I know what is wrong and right but never had right kind of tools or methodology to approach the situation. This course has unlocked those skills and enabled me to take systematic approach in dealing with ethical challenges at workplace.

By Kyle Parrish