Back to Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values by University of Virginia

This course offers an action-oriented introduction to Giving Voice to Values (or GVV), an exciting new approach to values-driven leadership development in the workplace, in business education and in life. GVV is not about persuading people to be more ethical, but instead it starts from the premise that most of us already want to act on our values, but that we also want to feel that we have a reasonable chance of doing so effectively. Through positive, real life examples, pre-scripting, rehearsal and peer coaching, GVV builds the skill, the confidence and likelihood that we will act on our values more often and more successfully. Based on research and practice, with over 1,000 pilots in educational settings and companies on all seven continents, GVV helps answer the questions: “What if I were going to act on my values? What would I say and do? How could I be most effective?” This course was developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and is taught by top-ranked faculty. You will come away from GVV with an expanded toolkit, as well as practice, in a variety of methods and techniques for voicing and enacting your own values and principles. You will develop and practice leadership skills in "peer coaching” with other learners. Through cases and stories based on recognizable workplace, classroom and life values conflicts, you will apply the GVV techniques and “re-frames”, expanding your repertoire for possible action as well as identifying and rehearsing responses that are likely to be most effective. Through this practice, you will gain greater confidence and competence in voicing and enacting your values effectively....

JN

Jul 23, 2018

The content in this course matches what you will face in the real world and gives an accurate portrayal to the true dilemma in ethical behavior in organizations. I very much enjoyed this course!

KP

Aug 15, 2020

After completing this course, I learned when and how to raise my voice ethically. Thanks to the instructor and the team behind this, All the best.

1 - 25 of 53 Reviews for Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values

By Sunil S I

Jun 05, 2018

This course should be part of academic curriculum, client on-boarding, employee orientation. I learned a lot from this course. I often found myself in situations where I know what is wrong and right but never had right kind of tools or methodology to approach the situation. This course has unlocked those skills and enabled me to take systematic approach in dealing with ethical challenges at workplace.

By Shreya D

Nov 11, 2019

The course material is extremely beneficial and i hope those will help me in my future career.

Although Virginia is such a renouned city and I have also done a course from the University of Virginia, but still I have to tell something about that city.

In Virginia, there's a place called Cumberland there dogs are being tortured. It's their birth giving time but still they are being captivated in a small cage with waste and rust binding those cage walls and they are not being cleaned and they were not given proper food even. For this reason severe infection among dogs is spreading and I personally believe that we have no right to captive those voiceless animals without taking care of them. So its my earnest request to those people who are living in Virginia and also those students and teachers who are studying or teaching in the University of Virginia , to go and give a visit to Cumberland and try to help those dogs out in their maternity time and please feed them plenty of food. Thank you for reading this message. If you have time, plz go have a visit and plz help them out.

Yours sincerely,

Shreya Das

Kolkata, West BengaI, India

By Joshua N

Jul 23, 2018

By Kyle P

May 13, 2018

Loved it. I looked forward to doing the work because it made me think through real challenges I was facing in new and productive ways.

By ZUHAILY B M N

Jun 04, 2020

This is a very good course that I could learned alot of thing for me to enhance my leadership skills. Thanks to coursera.

By Ankush C

Mar 30, 2019

good

By Olivia S

Nov 27, 2017

I truly feel like this course expanded my capacity to think about ethical conflicts, big and small, that can arise in any workplace. I feel that I now possess the tools necessary to effectively and respectively handle each situation and bring light to my own values in the workplace.

By Deepak D

Jul 17, 2020

This has been a fantastic course which helps us to move towards action from decision. Mary has explained the concepts in a very lucid manner and there have many aspects to reflect and take aways both professionaly and personally, A big Thank You..

By Mohsin N

Jul 01, 2020

I really loved this course as it helped me understand what stops an individual to voice their values in a very detailed manner. The seven Pillars is a very good way of understanding ones biases, and act in order to raise voice and Speak Up.

By Leigh M

Sep 06, 2019

I learned so much about myself and the importance of values-based leadership training. Most importantly I learned the power of expressing my values in the workplace in a win-win manner that drives results.

By Amit C

Apr 20, 2020

Interesting and insightful. I have taken away many tools to implement and to practice in work and life.

By Chuck U

Nov 15, 2019

Outstanding and made me think how to effectively address ethical issues. I am now reading the GVV book

By Grace O

Oct 25, 2019

Thank you very much. I've always know what to say but now I know how to say it. Thank you very much

By Arnab R

Jan 14, 2019

Excellent course. Loved the Course. Loved Coursera to help me do this course. Thank you Coursera.

By E S

Aug 17, 2020

This is the wonderful course to take, I really learnt the ways to come forward to Giving Voice to Values. The case studies and interviews in the course are almost similar in our workplace as well. This course taught me to improve my self confidence and also helped me How to approach a problem or any unethical issues and also how to handle the same. Confidence level, Speaking out skills, Team handling and Leadership skills are some of the learning part. Thank you Mary Gentile for this wonderful session.

By Jeffrey B

Aug 09, 2020

This was very detailed and informative course. It opened my mind to more information when attempting to share and how to share your ethical values. No matter the background or interest of you or others together. There are some ways of getting the right ethical values in place for success.

By K S P

Aug 15, 2020

By Tina-L M

Aug 11, 2020

fantastic approach to analyze yourself and learn how to read others in order to formulate your actions and responses

By PATRIZIA S

Sep 15, 2020

I loved this course because make you reflect on how you can handle value conflicts in work and in personal life.

By Soumya N M

Aug 28, 2020

I am very happy to have received an in depth understanding of how to voice concerns about my inherent values

By Surya D

Jun 14, 2020

It was a very helpful course though it takes lot of dedication and effort to complete.

By DIPANJAN G

Apr 12, 2019

It was a great and enjoyable course. There was a lot of things to learn and implement.

By Mart�nez G F J

Feb 13, 2020

Great course! Takes you step by step of the GVV process and gives you good tools

By RAJANIKANT B V

May 06, 2020

It deepened my knowledge of Values and motivated me to be Ethical Leader

By Anand K s

May 20, 2019

Thank you Coursera to make me knowledgeable in the LEADERSHIP field.