Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management, University of Virginia

(1,946 ratings)

About this Course

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

By SH

Mar 19, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

By JG

Apr 10, 2017

This is the first course I enrolled for and completed in Coursera. I loved it. After that I have been doing quite a few advance courses on project management and organizational leadership.

493 Reviews

By Anita

May 22, 2019

Engaging, interesting and 100% useful for those whoare interested in Project Management.

By ROGER MARTINEZ

May 22, 2019

The way the teacher explain this course is plain and simple.

In summary to me this is awesome course!

By MARIO CARLOS BRAGA DA SILVA

May 05, 2019

Great

By Egwudo Chidiebele Geraldine

Apr 30, 2019

Very Interesting. Satisfied

By Estephanie Ramirez

Apr 28, 2019

Topics and detailed processes, provides the necessary elements to have a broad outline when executing projects.

By Adrienne Smith O'Connor

Apr 25, 2019

This course was very interesting, it packed in a lot of information into easy to digest lectures. It utilized relevant examples and cases to reflect our learning on. I feel I learned a lot from this course and would recommend it to a colleague!

By Aneesh Vasudev

Apr 23, 2019

As the name suggests, this course offers various tools and techniques for PM at an introductory level. While the content of the course was good, an area of improvement would be in the execution of the case studies. I believe that they really held the key for a complete understanding, by providing an opportunity (in a virtual setting) to assess when and how to apply these tools. Case studies were present in every section of the course and I tried to make the best of it. However, it was more like a 'comment' section, since our assessments were not appraise/evaluated. Or it would have been appreciated if a 'correct assessment' was provided (after submitting our answers of course). Hope the course is updated in this respect.

By Ramón Cázares Martínez

Apr 23, 2019

Excelente curso, el material y los ejemplos son de gran calidad y está muy bien explicado

By imtiaz

Apr 22, 2019

Professor is awesome and I will recommend this course to everyone who wish to understand Project management from basic.

By Andrea Viveros Quisoboni