Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management, University of Virginia

About this Course

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

By SH

Mar 19, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

By JG

Apr 10, 2017

This is the first course I enrolled for and completed in Coursera. I loved it. After that I have been doing quite a few advance courses on project management and organizational leadership.

479 Reviews

By OSAMA TEAIMA

Mar 17, 2019

very good course

By Ronny Gentry

Mar 08, 2019

Great course! I went from knowing very little about PM to feeling like I have a solid base. I've already been using some of the tools in my daily life.

By Emmanuel Kofi Danso

Was excellent

By Jorge Borbua

very interesting and practical

By Myo Minn Maung

Good Learning

By karthikeyan sekar

Mar 01, 2019

Excellent course.the flow of course makes eager to learn new.

By Bartas Cristian-Efim

Mar 01, 2019

I recommend !

By Ana Kučkovečki

Feb 25, 2019

Very comperhensive introductory course, unlike any I have taken on this subject. The course does not focus on specifically preparing you for taking any certification exam in PM but provides an insight on how managing projects really functions and real life cases are explained. I prefer this type of course and am really sorry there are not more courses on this topic from this instructor.

By Kathleen Kremer

Feb 24, 2019

Decent but not very detailed

By ABDALLAH ALJABARI

Feb 22, 2019

Very well introduced, enough details, and very clear, and excellent presentation.