Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

SH

Mar 19, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

JG

Apr 10, 2017

This is the first course I enrolled for and completed in Coursera. I loved it. After that I have been doing quite a few advance courses on project management and organizational leadership.

1 - 25 of 507 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By R G

Jul 11, 2019

Feels good to be part of this course. This course will give you the basic idea about approaching a project.

By Ronald C

Jul 09, 2019

Great course!

By Anantha K C B C

Jul 08, 2019

Too theoretical. Request to add a lot of practical sessions too.

By Muhammad U

Jul 04, 2019

Great course for understanding the project panning and management.

By Stephen F

Jul 03, 2019

Good introduction, overview of terminology and tools. Some intro case studies were helpful!

By Gabrielle M

Jun 30, 2019

I loved taking this class! It really helped me understand and exercise the core components of project management. The lectures, case studies, and quizzes were practical and thought-provoking as well! I feel ready to take what I learned from this course and apply it to my work.

By PRAVEEN R

Jun 28, 2019

Excellent Course with an excellent overview of project planning and management.

By Anoop C K

Jun 26, 2019

Interesting course which covers all necessary topics in Project planning and management. The case study used in this course was very nice which helps even a beginner to understand the basics.

By Claudio J P F

Jun 23, 2019

Excellent to get involve in the world of project management.

By Meagan P

Jun 19, 2019

The Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management course provided a great overview on the project planning process - including both theoretical knowledge and useful insights that I could put into practice right away.

By Mohammad E

Jun 16, 2019

The perfect course to take to start your online course certificate portfolio. Hi

By Ivan L G S

Jun 06, 2019

excelente curso muy bueno para complementar mis conocimientos

By Samuel M O

Jun 05, 2019

Great course! Fantastic to start getting your feet wet on Project Management.

By Jay A

May 28, 2019

Yael is enthusiastic and informative about the basics of project management. I found the supplemental case studies to be extremely beneficial. I recommend definitions/main points of important terminology to be emphasized in greater detail within presentation.

By Abdulhadi A

May 25, 2019

It was helpful course to understanding the concept of the planning and managements . for my side i will recommended this course to my My colleagues

By Anita

May 22, 2019

Engaging, interesting and 100% useful for those whoare interested in Project Management.

By ROGER M

May 22, 2019

The way the teacher explain this course is plain and simple.

In summary to me this is awesome course!

By MARIO C B D S

May 05, 2019

Great

By Egwudo C G

Apr 30, 2019

Very Interesting. Satisfied

By Estephanie R

Apr 28, 2019

Topics and detailed processes, provides the necessary elements to have a broad outline when executing projects.

By Adrienne S O

Apr 25, 2019

This course was very interesting, it packed in a lot of information into easy to digest lectures. It utilized relevant examples and cases to reflect our learning on. I feel I learned a lot from this course and would recommend it to a colleague!

By Aneesh V

Apr 23, 2019

As the name suggests, this course offers various tools and techniques for PM at an introductory level. While the content of the course was good, an area of improvement would be in the execution of the case studies. I believe that they really held the key for a complete understanding, by providing an opportunity (in a virtual setting) to assess when and how to apply these tools. Case studies were present in every section of the course and I tried to make the best of it. However, it was more like a 'comment' section, since our assessments were not appraise/evaluated. Or it would have been appreciated if a 'correct assessment' was provided (after submitting our answers of course). Hope the course is updated in this respect.

By Ramón C M

Apr 23, 2019

Excelente curso, el material y los ejemplos son de gran calidad y está muy bien explicado

By imtiaz

Apr 22, 2019

Professor is awesome and I will recommend this course to everyone who wish to understand Project management from basic.

By Andrea V Q