Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects....

SH

Mar 18, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

MM

Dec 15, 2021

This is very good course to understand the fundamentals of project planning and management. The instructor explain the concept in a simple way. There are good examples given to understand the course.

251 - 275 of 1,873 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Carlos V

Dec 10, 2015

Great course!!!! The teacher was super clear, the concepts where really really awesome and well defined. The knowledge shared in this course is very practical, you can use the things your learned right away.

By Jackie L

Jan 25, 2016

This 4 week course helped prepare me for taking the CAPM test. Many of the topics covered were in the exam. I found the overall course extremely beneficial. I highly recommend this course and instructor.

By Bernadetta P

Mar 28, 2022

​This course definitely helps me to understand the basic materials to manage projects because every project is unique. Thank you so much for build some resourceful but flexible online course like this one.

By Jose H P D

Jul 4, 2020

This course was a great experience. Methodology of the teacher was clear and very helpful in my learning process. I recommend this course for people who wants to make deepening in project management world.

By Cassandra A

Dec 3, 2020

This was an excellent course. It was informative and gave practical and useful example that I will be able to use as I do my work on a daily basis and will definitely help take my work to the next level.

By Ankit S

Jun 7, 2020

The course is easily design for developed a project and project planning .this course is good for the future to start-up a new idea.

Thanks To my Guide who teach us so well. Thanks University Of Virginia.

By Jomarie C

Apr 30, 2020

Great course! Easy to follow and very informative. For someone who is new to project planning and management, this course provides clear and well explained scenarios/samples. Thank you for the learnings!

By Hana B

Sep 18, 2017

Excellent course, presented in an easy English for non-native English speakers, with concrete examples and hands-on MS Projects demo. Thank you so much to the University of Virginia and to Mme Yael.

By Eric Z M

Dec 10, 2021

I recommend this to everyone in every profession, it helps you understand the different strategies on excuting projects and also provide you with the hard skills of timeliness, reporting and more

By Mohamed I A

Dec 29, 2020

A very insightful course project management and very engaging from start to finish. I leaned some helpful knowledge in this course and hopefully i will be able to apply them in my future carrier.

By Nishanth B R

Sep 2, 2020

In Fundamentals of project planning and management i have learnt how to manage the projects and during its critical situtions . And i have learnt the projects to be done in correct timining .

By Kadio-morokro J S

Aug 6, 2019

These courses were so tremendous to me. It allowed me to gain incredible knowledges about how planning and manage a project with beautiful examples of people doing valuable activities.

thank you.

By Arshad A

Jun 1, 2022

Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management is very nice Course . In future this course will help in project organization in the practical implementation of project planning and Management.

By Maria s M A

Nov 12, 2020

Learned a lot of critical and important aspects of project planning and management which I have overlooked in the past how many years that I have been undertaking projects. Thank you very much

By Ulaş B A

Nov 6, 2020

As a fundamental course, it teaches so much and the way of testing your learnings is really efficient. Instructor is a real admirable lady in terms of skills about teaching and passion to teach

By DEEPTHI K S

Jul 27, 2020

I have got the opportunity to learn a lot of new things in this course. The instructor Yael Grushka-Cockayne (@grushkay) has given so much clarity to the topics. Thank you Yael Grushka-Cockayne

By Bekir A B

Dec 18, 2015

This course is really great! Easy to understand and really useful. I believe I will be more efficient for my future project plans if I can successfully complete the whole course... Thank you :)

By Mikel S d B

Apr 27, 2020

El curso está muy bien organizado, y la profesora expone de manera clara y sencilla todos los conceptos. Es un curso básico, pero está bien para repasar conceptos en organización de proyectos.

By Johanna S

May 19, 2018

A really nice course, that gives you a great insight into PM tools and principles, and leaves you with the feeling, that you could actually manage a project now way more competent than before.

By ABDELAH N

Feb 6, 2022

This course is the bets, I think i have gotten all I need to know to plan and excucute a project.

Thanks fot the lecturer. Yael Grushka-Cockayne Associate Professor of Business Administration.

By Esther H

Aug 14, 2017

Basic, but very practical indeed! Gives you a flying start when you're new to project management. A must-see if you're about to start any project and don't know how or where to start exactly.

By Mary A C

Dec 31, 2020

Energetic way of teaching, and a very comprehensive course because of the way it was discussed with relating to real-life situations, sharing how to compute and use tools, thank you so much!

By Sanjay P

Nov 10, 2021

Very crisp, simple but effective... Tonnes of Thanks to Professor Yael for crafting this course in a wonderful manner. Case studies add real value to the program. Thank you Professor Yael.

By Sumitha P

Jun 7, 2021

​Well structured course that put those tools and frameworks on my fingertips to use proficiently. Thanks to Prof. Yael Grushka-Cockayne for designing a fast paced and engaging instruction.

By Rania E J

Jul 26, 2020

The instructor's approach is very comprehensible and she has a subtle way to convey the ideas and visualize them. The ideas are straightforward and what you need to enhance your knowledge.