Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

FG
Apr 1, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

SH
Mar 18, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

126 - 150 of 1,251 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Philip B

Yael Grushka-Cockayne was very straightforward in her lectures and used sensible visual aids for each topic. Her teaching have given me the confidence/tools I need to move into an assistant project manager role at my current employer. Thank you Yael!

By Hassan A

Nov 26, 2020

This course has elevated my knowledge and skills in a project management function. I can leverage the knowledge I have gained in this course to coordinate with higher management more efficiently. I am grateful to be able to receive this opportunity.

By Orlando M

Aug 10, 2020

El curso es muy completo, explica con detalle todos los aspectos básicos de la gestión de proyectos, los casos prácticos te ayudan a entender la temática explicada, recomendado para los que no poseen conocimientos sobre los temas tocados en el curso

By Dana B

Nov 23, 2020

Excellent content delivered by a very knowledgeable professor. This course is organized clearly and provides very practical advice and insight into best practices for project management. I look forward to using this fresh knowledge at my workplace.

By Twinkle K C T

I learned so much during the training. The discussion board is very helpful. There maybe some things that I had difficulty understanding but I was able to clarify these by going through the lesson again and by reading through the discussion board.

By Mehmet A B

Mar 21, 2019

As a university student, I think these informations are so important for my future career life. Education was good, slides were good and our instructor was so good especially. although English is my second language, I understood easily. Good work.

By Elvin M

Aug 31, 2018

Highly recommended for people who would like to have fundamental knowledge in project management as well as those who are going to pursue project management certification or experience. Thank you for the course. I enjoyed it. Worth of money spent.

By Roberto M

Nov 10, 2020

Clear and complete course. It gives the foundamentals to prepare a sucesfull project plan. It should be interesting adding some videos about realrealized project plans and implemet the program with practical exercises.

Good and empathic professor!

By Kyeyune G Z

Aug 9, 2020

I really enjoyed the way the lecturers were delivered with actual case studies to look at and compare. I would wish for a longer course to help me understand further the work Breakdown structure and using the software to prepare for your project.

By Adrienne S O

Apr 25, 2019

This course was very interesting, it packed in a lot of information into easy to digest lectures. It utilized relevant examples and cases to reflect our learning on. I feel I learned a lot from this course and would recommend it to a colleague!

By Luca P

Mar 29, 2020

The course was well taught and the subject were presented in a plain, understandable way. The four weeks of the course were a nice introduction to PM basic technique. It would be nice if this course could be part of a much deeper specialization.

By Danna R R

Sep 3, 2020

Es un curso donde puedes aprender todo relacionado a la gestión de proyectos y se enfocan en aclarar cada paso que debes tener en cuenta para que tu proyecto sea exitoso y en caso de que falle encontrar las problemáticas que conllevaron a esto.

By Pradeep K

Feb 20, 2017

Outstanding course. The instructor looks very experienced and the examples she demonstrated were very good. She explained each concept in detail which a person can use in his/her project. I will definitely refer my friends to take this course.

By Nataliia B

Nov 14, 2020

This course is very useful, gives solid understanding of project phases and is full of small and applicable instruments for planning and managing projects. And my appreciations to the lecturer - it was easy and interesting to listen to Yael)

By Chi S

Oct 16, 2020

Awesome! It's a difficult subject for me but the instructor explained it and makes it so easy for me to follow through. I gained so much knowledge about Project Planning and Management especially on determine the critical path of a project.

By Marco G

It is a really interesting and well explained course. Congratulation to the professor Yael Grushka-Cockayne. Her passion goes thorough the screen making every topic clear and understandable. I will suggest Coursera platform.

Marco

By Oleksandr A

Feb 1, 2018

Clear and logical introduction into Project Management. Which is not getting nearly enough attention as it should, because of all the attention to Leadership. Leadership alone will not get it done, planning and management is also important.

By Daniel D B

Jul 26, 2020

This course helped me update fundamental concepts for project management. Very updated topics are covered that are seen in a practical way. The instructor, Yael Grushka-Cockayne, is very well qualified and teaches in a very didactic way.

By SRIDHAR K

A good course to gain knowledge of project planning and management. Useful for student, professionals and job seekers to understand the importance of project planning. A well-presetned course. Assignments are good to gain more knowledge.

By Johnson K

This course was really good for someone that never had any experience in project management I understood it very well and gain knowledge that I will be able to use. I will continue studying other courses to equip myself better. Thank you

By Alberto D

Feb 20, 2016

It is an excellent tool to learn how to cope with projects on your own. It has the fundamentals to start planning projects, not only those related to business, you can also apply this material in your personal life and academical goals.

By Steven K

Jun 28, 2020

My objective was to get an understanding of Project Managment the process, before learning Microsoft Project.

This course has helped me meet that objective

The presenter is clear, the material is well arranged with good examples

By Kevin B L

Great course, good flow of information. Yael makes great introductions to new topics and keeps learning very interesting. Each section has use cases and also shows you how to do your own practice on excel/ms project. Awesome training.

By Anita M

Aug 3, 2019

Extremely informative for a new project planning professional. Great starting point to continue studies in project management and beyond. Could provide even more content if able to. This course taught me a lot but left me wanting more

By Hans N B

Dec 12, 2016

This course is very informative, and helpful especially to those who will be managing projects without formal education about project management. The lecturer delivers each topic clearly and provides insights about managing projects.