Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

FG

Apr 02, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

SH

Mar 19, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

226 - 250 of 883 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Charanjit S

Jul 02, 2017

a good introductory course with challenging topics and introduction to risk planning is the most crucial aspect of the course. good job...

By Hsien-Yun C

Mar 30, 2017

New ideas about project management and new tools useful at work.

I recommend this class for people who plan to accelerate their PM skills!

By Georgina M

Nov 29, 2015

Very informative. Easy to follow and understand. Useful and helpful to someone who is interested in finding out about project management.

By Sontosh B

Jun 29, 2020

This course can help you to understand the Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management. The instructor was really good at teaching.

By Elizabeth S P

Apr 28, 2020

Very helpful overview and intro to Project Management - a good taste of what would be studied to eventually get a full PMP certification

By Rodrigo M

Aug 12, 2017

Is a very complete fundamentals course. This give me new tools and approaches that make me re-think past projects. Thank you very myuch.

By Eben M

May 28, 2017

Clear and easy to follow. Very helpful if you're new to project management and want to start understanding the concepts and terminology.

By Dheeraj V

Jun 18, 2020

This was really good course to apply the project management principles and I started implementing the same as ans where its applicable.

By Diego A C

Feb 26, 2020

Good course, the person in charge to bring us the explanations, She has good handling of the subject, all the material is well focused.

By Spoorthi H S

Dec 25, 2017

IT was a great experience in learning this course. Specially the videos were much more helpful :) Would love to do many more courses. T

By NUERXIATIJIANG X

Mar 19, 2020

I really loved it, this is my first Coursera Course Certificate and I am happy that I got it. The videos are short and easy to follow

By Terry P

Jan 11, 2020

I really enjoyed the challenge. This was the first course I have taken in regards to project management and I am eager to learn more.

By Feyikemi O

Sep 10, 2018

I find the course very interesting. My main achievements on the course would be learning the languages to use in project management.

By Kumar R R

Mar 14, 2018

Brilliant course, essential parts are covered and very well explained. Thank you so much Yael Grushka-Cockayne. Best Regards, Rajeev

By Mareeha O

Aug 16, 2019

I loved how the concepts were explained in a really good way, concise enough to be remembered and detailed enough to be understood

By giulio z

Feb 12, 2018

Amazing course!clear, well structured, it enable you to enter the field of project planning and management in a high valuable way.

By Rahul N

Jan 29, 2017

Loved this course, it was such a pleasant experience to learn something new and and at the same time very valuable to your career.

By Tameka C

Oct 27, 2016

Great course. It pushed me to really focus on understanding and analyzing every aspect of project planning and management process.

By Denys U

Jun 13, 2020

It is a nice and brief overview project management. I enjoyed the course and recommend it to beginners who wants to dive into PM.

By Robert H

May 06, 2018

Excellent course detailing the steps of project management and how to ensure your project is completed on-time and within budget.

By Russell B

Jun 29, 2020

Very informative for a short(ish) course and I agree it definitely provides the fundamentals of Project Planning and Management.

By madhura N

Jan 21, 2017

very glad i cracked all the four weeks and thank you for giving this opportunity looking for more number of courses to be taken.

By Seshan

Apr 13, 2020

Very insightful and in-depth. Really happy I took this course as it prepares me to approach new projects in a methodical manner

By Vikramaditya

Dec 17, 2019

Really great synopsis on Project Management, it was good as case studies were also included and helped understand the concepts.

By Pratibha B

Feb 10, 2020

Enjoyed the course. I was able to learn quite a bit and I feel I have the perfect start to learning about Project Management.