Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects....

SH

Mar 18, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

TL

Jan 7, 2021

This course satisfied my desire to learn about Project Planning and Management at a high level. Yael's content and delivery meet my needs and I highly recommend this course to anyone involved in R&D.

101 - 125 of 1,873 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Belle P

Oct 2, 2020

For a fundamentals course, I felt like I walked away with a significant amount of knowledge and developed a confidence in being able to talk about the basics of project management.

I would highly recommend this course to anyone that has at least a little bit of an understanding but even if you don't this would be a great place to get started!

By Graciela C

Sep 20, 2020

Even with the experience of handling projects, getting introduced to project management, the concepts, methodologies and tools, through this course will certainly be beneficial. I look forward to applying what I have learned to my work, and getting the promotion I've been aiming for. Thanks to Coursera, UVA-Darden, and to Prof. Yael!

By Amin U

Jul 22, 2020

KUDOS! First of all. I wasn't thinking that this training going to be so useful and would make much impact as the course named with "Fundamentals". This is "Fundamentals" but it covers months study material from some of the universities. I learnt so ... much. Every word is value, Yael Grushka-Cockayne is excellent! Thank you so much!

By Tina D L C

Feb 15, 2021

This was very comprehensive. I am new to project management and this courses provided more than I expected to learn. It challenged me not only in thinking critically when it came to the case studies and quizzes, but also in the overall planning of a project and all that is involved. The instructor was super clear, and knowledgeable.

By BRAEM

Dec 29, 2021

In addition of everything that has been said about his qualities, this course gives a project manager a strong argumentation to explain to top management what can be the flaws of projects and how to reduce them.

Concerning accessibility, even if english is not your natural language, the course and the quizz are always very clear.

By Anna K T

Nov 9, 2020

This is very informative. Knowing how to breakdown tasks and how to identify critical tasks is actually something that I'm already applying in the projects that I want to get done by first quarter next year! I was surprised with how much work is remaining after I finished listing down all the tasks required. Thank you for this!

By Mochammad R

Dec 10, 2021

Amazing course overall. It covers every essential aspects of project management and after completing this course, I think anyone should have enough fundamental knowledge - even techniques - to participate in the world of project management. Thank you to the University of Virginia and Coursera for making this course available.

By John K

Mar 2, 2018

I very much enjoyed the seminar and learned a lot. It was well organized, engaging and had good content this training was well laid out and presented clearly.

The Material was engaging, the instructor was knowledgeable and personable. Fun and engaging introduction into the most valuable project management concepts.

Well done!

By Szymon P

Sep 29, 2020

This course is really good structured, and the knowledge is well portioned in chunks, so I never felt stressed, that it will be to much. The examination after every week helped me to focus on every week’s amount of knowledge. I appreciated much the many references to the most recent studies and business examples provided.

By Werner B

Aug 8, 2016

This is my first course completed on Coursera web. I must say that it gave me a lot of very interesting information, the assessments were not easy to pass, videos were prepared very carefully (subtitles is a perfect idea!!) and - finalizing the course by own project is nice way to implement the knowledge into the practice

By Jennifer S

Jun 19, 2021

Fantastic! The course was a complete survey of the core ideas, terminology and processes involved within Project Planning and Management. As an added bonus, the material went beyond the pedagogical and provided students with working models both by hand and through suggested software programs and supplemental tutorials.

By Lawana N W

Nov 26, 2015

This was a wonderful course! Prior to taking it, I had no idea how much project planning and management entailed. Additionally, I wasn't aware of the plethora of programs currently on the market that helps one facilitate the process of planning and managing a project. I found this course very insightful! Thank you!

By Gaurav G G

It was very great experience with course and tutor. I'm an engineering student who wants to career in the management field. At start, I didn't had any idea about sales, management, risks and everything. But now , I have the basic knowledge about management . The assignments were quite tough but useful. Amazing course!

By Muhammad S T

Aug 27, 2020

I've been longing for a teacher who actually wanted to teach, and Yael is definitely the one.

The course was easy, to-the-point & most of all UPDATED. These competencies are not easy to in regular university courses since they mostly focus on following 20-40 years old Textbooks.

Loved it.

Hope to Lear more in the Future.

By Nicholas B

Jun 11, 2022

The instructor not only shared the pribnciples of project management but gave real life examples and this was really useful. It also made the content palatable.

In the next iteration, it will be good to have a unit discussing project management tools in details.

Overall the course was beneficial and good use of time.

By maqsood k

Apr 30, 2020

First of all, i want to thank the whole management of this course. it is a good start to provide a online certificate for those who could not come to USA. This course provide me a lot of knowledge about project management and i hope this knowledge will provide me more opportunities in coming days.

thanks once again.

By Clifford P

Feb 21, 2016

This was a great course and very informative at that. I have been working on projects for years and have had my own inklings about how to execute projects alongside a few tools I had developed along the way but this course had the same tools and a few more I hadn't thought of before so I can greatly appreciate it.

By Markus H

Jul 17, 2020

Comprehensive learning path through the fundamentals of Project Planning and Management with a well prepared digital didactic concept. More to come by digging into special topics having now a good overview about what is important. Thanks for the opportunity and for having me. Best regards and all the best, Markus

By Geofrey W

Oct 20, 2020

Course is thoughtfully put together and content presented in a logical progression in terms of complexity. Although completely new to the Project Management concepts, I was able to gain knowledge and skills that will be invaluable to my work. I am confident that I can take on more in-depth study of the subject.

By Preeti S

Mar 28, 2020

Really wish I would have taken this course earlier in my current role. I found it very helpful in learning how to approach a project. I've led several projects with informal timelines and notes kept in excel. I found the method of breaking down each task and dependency very helpful and can apply it to my job.

By MUHAMMAD Z

It has been a great journey of learning with Professor Yael Grushka-Cockayne. Within short time I have learnt a lot of useful things which I couldn't find anywhere else and not in depth. I'm very grateful to University Of Virginia for offering this course. A big thanks to Coursera team for hosting this course.

By Sachin Y D

May 11, 2022

I am glad to have taken this course. The length of learing videos was appropriate considering the topics included in this course. Training material is top quality. It was a good refresher on concepts like Critical Path Method, Earned Value Management, fundamentals of Project Planning and Execution. Thank you!

By Cleophas P

Aug 19, 2019

I really enjoyed the course and it opened on all aspects of Projects Planning and Management. The Instructor Yael is really good and knows her stuff. She was very eloquent providing examples and scenarios to better understand concepts.

The course layout was followed through clearly and i basically enjoyed it.

By Mrinal D

Jul 27, 2020

I would give this course of 5 star because

- the course was well thought of and was very wisely divided into small learning parts that actually helped me in grasping the matter in a through manner

- in each video the concept was elaborately taught with examples

- the course material was of very good quality

By ashley k

Feb 18, 2016

I love the way the class was organized from initiation to project execution and closing. I think the class would be better if the reason behind the correct quiz answers was given, for me this help me understand how to reason and be in the proper mindset when choosing and answer. Overall, great class and tea