Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

FG
Apr 1, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

SH
Mar 18, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

51 - 75 of 1,258 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Sajeet M J

Apr 21, 2020

Thankyou for this course on Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management. It was fun managing various events in college, beut never knew these factors played an important role in management of the same. My love for this subject made me take up this course and the lecture presented by the Instructor gave me enough knowledge about the topic. It was s good learning experience and looking forward for more course like this.

By Shu N C

Jun 24, 2020

The course is very well-structured and students get to learn in a step by step basis. Lecturer is very precise and clear in her description and teaching of the principles. Although there is little feedback from the quizzes, the forums serve as a complementary platform to ask for clarifications and explanations from fellow coursemates. Discussions with coursemates on the forum serve to answer doubts on the course content.

By David W

Apr 29, 2020

After pushing through the PMP prep and subsequent certification exam (passed), I knew I had a general idea of project management, but not specific enough to deploy. This course is smack on for understanding what project management is all about versus blindly following rules that were short on clarity and long on demand. Excellent, pushing it into our learning bank for upcoming managers in all parts of the company.

By Pengfei H

Oct 25, 2020

the fundamentals of the project planning and management is the basic knowledge, but it guide us with the right methodology to show us how to implementing the project well, what kind of the topics should focus and improve, well done of this project. I think I need to go further to study the project management courses and Agile methodology. thanks for the teacher Yael Grushka-Cockayne and the University of Virginia.

By John B F

Oct 30, 2020

This course has further reinforced what I already know about project management and execution. The module about risk management is particularly interesting for me because I think it is an important aspect often overlooked in project management. I am looking forward to establishing and managing my own projects, particularly ones concerning development initiatives, and apply what I have learned in this course.

By Joshua A

Aug 21, 2020

This course has exposed me to the modern rudiments of project management. The course instructor explained all the theories with simple language and made understanding easy for all. I am confident the the skills and expertise gained from attending this course will give me a competitive career advantage and set me apart from my colleagues. Thank you Coursera, thank you University of Virginia for this course.

By Fidan B

Dec 1, 2015

For the first time i took the course here, to be honest for me it was a little exam, i was thinking hmm,

Could i do that??? This is a new field for me. Result: Yes, i did it!:-)

Now, i like online way of learning!

First of All i want to thank the University of Virginia and the lecturer Mrs. Yael Grushka-Cockayne and of course to you Coursera team and Leader!

Good Luck guys!

Thank you again!!!

Fidan Badalova

By BUWEMBO M

Jul 5, 2020

I am so grateful for having been part of the class. The teacher is knowledgeable and audible enough, she gives relevant examples where necessary. The course has elucidated and empowered me with the project planning and management skills and techniques I didn't previously have.

I emphasize whoever has not yet enrolled to join as soon as possible before it is too late.

Regards,

Micheal, Jeonju-S.Korea

By Sarah A A

Jun 5, 2020

Thank you very much for offering us this course. I was very excited about the topic of this course in turned out to be more curious about Project Management after I finished this course. as a beginner, I feel helped a lot by this course because it delivered simply and easy to understand. the quizzes also allowed me to scale my knowledge about the course. overall a very great course for beginners.

By Sienna T B

Oct 27, 2020

Deciding to enroll in Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management will surely benefit my future use in the career I'll take. But also I observed that I could also use it for my everyday use. It taught me to budget my time, be organized, and to stick to the plan but still with necessary adjustments. In general, Coursera is a helpful medium and tool to learn in a comfortable yet reliable way.

By SRIKANT K N

Dec 5, 2018

The course content is very good for a student to gain the knowledge about the basics of Project planning and management. This course will provide you with an insight details about how a project goes, how it should be planned and controlled and monitored as per the planning. To become a future manager you should have the basics knowledge about planning and this course will do the same for you.

By Kasuntha M

May 14, 2020

Great. I really appreciate all your efforts in this course. As an Engineering student, Lot of skills that I have never I have learned or discovered before. Most importantly I think this course has consisted of all of the necessary materials what a project manager has to be followed up. Moreover, the workload and the teaching style is very friendly and appreciable. Again I convey my thanks.

By Prajwal S

Oct 8, 2020

The best part about learning this course is that the Presenter took the time and effort to present us with real and live world ideas, issues, concepts and had a lot of case studies and last but not least there were case studies about simple projects which used all the project planning concepts. On the whole this course is awesome and the energy she brings to the screen is tremendous. Thanks

By saqib r m

Aug 30, 2019

This course is truly very creative, helpful, and knowledgeable. Thanks to Coursera Team to have a such a wonderful course on their portfolio . Special thanks to Yael Grushka-Cockayne she is too good. Her teaching technique and style is very good. I must recommend this course to those who want to polish their management skills and knowledge in term of how to plan and start a new project.

By Ana K

Feb 25, 2019

Very comperhensive introductory course, unlike any I have taken on this subject. The course does not focus on specifically preparing you for taking any certification exam in PM but provides an insight on how managing projects really functions and real life cases are explained. I prefer this type of course and am really sorry there are not more courses on this topic from this instructor.

By Navin K R

Oct 3, 2016

It was really a nice experience learning the fundamentals of Project Management. An eyeopener to the all the experienced workforce. The Course is really well designed including the content, pedagogy, Quizzes, Evaluation criteria and the assignments. At the end of the week, it will make sure you are well equipped the fundamental tools and try implementing them in the practical scenarios.

By Francis M

May 30, 2016

I didn't pay for the certificate, and I just watched the videos and took the quizzes without certification. I wanted to get exposure to project management. The class was well taught, gave a lot of information in short video segments. Great outside examples to illustrate the concepts covered. Great value and awesome for the Darden to provide this class (especially since it was free!).

By Anna P R d A

Dec 28, 2019

The course provided a strong foundation related to project management, notions of how to manage risks, defining scope, planning, monitoring, etc. The extra materials related to MS Project were incredibly helpful, as the study cases, which provided us a real perception of the application of the method. At the end we could have a better understanding about Agile and its derivations.

By Stephen D

Oct 30, 2020

This was a great introduction to Project planning and management. I have worked in engineering for many years and have performed project management and project planning roles and this course has reinforced what I learned on the job. I look forward to taking the PMI courses that you offer.

Furthermore, the instructor was well spoken and explained the material thoroughly and simply.

By Dinyelu E A

May 7, 2020

Before enrolling in this course I had zero knowledge of Project planning and management but this course broke everything down bit by bit, helping me to understand everything step needed in planning a project professionally and proper execution. I will say big thank you to the course instructor and the University of Virginia. This course is worth every single time spent on it

By Irena D

Sep 16, 2017

The course fully met my expectations.It gives an excellent overview of the fundamentals and the main concepts of the Project Management.It is well structured so I found it quite useful and it motivated me to keep upgrading my knowledge in Project Management.The professor is great,she is really trying to explain each topic as clearly as possible.Great job,thank you.

By Francesca R

Jun 7, 2020

Very interesting course, the teacher, Mrs. Yael Grushka-Cockayne, is very clear and it's pleasant to hear her explanations. I appreciate the course very much for its setting because you can acquire concepts even better through exercises, suggested tools and quizzes! I wanted to start learning this topic and I found a great way to do it through this course!

By Shanae F

Jul 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I have learnt so much in such a short period. The content was excellent. It had the right balance of providing knowledge and understanding of project planning and management without being overwhelming. I appreciated the examples used to convey the various topics and the demonstrations in MS Projects and Excel. Awesome course!

By Laura R

Apr 25, 2020

Muy buen curso. Me ayudó a poner en orden ideas que tenía e incluso me ayudo a mejorar las tareas y todo el plan de acción que actualmente tengo en marcha.

La docente Grushka-Cockayne se encargó de no solo ejemplificar con proyectos de negocios sino con proyectos personales también como bodas, por lo que hace al curso muy amigable para todas las personas.

By Ravindrakumar S

Sep 26, 2020

Very well articulated concept around Project planning and management. The Instructor has done very good job with entire presentation and contents. I highly recommend each individuals pursuing training around Project management should go through this learning certification by Coursera in collaboration with University of Virginia Darden School of Business.