Back to Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management for Personal & Professional Productivity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management for Personal & Professional Productivity by University of California, Irvine

You will be able to gain and apply your knowledge and understanding of personal and professional awareness, organization and commitment, and use the tools, methods and techniques that you have learned in goal setting, prioritization, scheduling, and delegation to overcome time management challenges and enhance productivity. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn to plan effectively to achieve your personal and professional goals 2. Learn to recognize and overcome barriers to successful time management 3. Identify specific time management tools and use them effectively 4. Manage resources both effectively and efficiently 5. Keep your sense of perspective to prevent and manage crises 6. Learn to delegate effectively 7. Learn to manage expectations and say “No” when appropriate...

SK

Jan 25, 2020

This course was quite helpful. I work in a fast pace environment with multiple projects going at the same time. Planning the work, prioritizing and mapping progress was helpful. Thanks for the course.

ND

Aug 28, 2020

51 - 75 of 2,211 Reviews for Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management for Personal & Professional Productivity

By Mohtad A

Apr 15, 2020

Such a great course. Especially for them who are seeking for time management, multitasking. This course will be too much for those who are not able to do their tasks on the right time and failed to complete their goals.

Thanks to Margaret Meloni for her valuable lectures and explanation of time management and other topics which makes the lessons too easy to learn.

By Alejandra A

Jan 05, 2019

I loved this course so much! It was incredibly insightful and I ended up devouring the modules in a matter of hours because I wanted to keep learning. I'm very grateful that I found this course to help me become a better person and employee. The instructor had a really friendly tone - instead of a condescending one - her example stories made me laugh a lot!

By Mr.NAGENDRA K K

May 08, 2020

Dear madam, thank you so much for giving an opportunity to attend this course. The way you presented really awesome. Now a days we have been struggling and facing lot of problems in the work environment and unable to balance the things. But i am sure this will show a big impact on me in future to balance between work and life.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely

By Ashwini M

Jul 30, 2020

It is not unknown for us to want to work smart but unknowingly we end up doing unproductive work with no work satisfaction at the end of the day. This course is a wonderful reminder and they are teaching us in the smart way by engaging us with their work experiences quite relatable to us as audience. Thank you Ms Meloni and coursera for this course!

By HILARY H

Jul 27, 2020

Thank you Margaret Meloni for conducting this course. I have learn a lot of time management process such as strategic time reserve, work plan, self priorities, time tracking and many more. It was great course and i can use these tips in managing my time in personal and work time. Once again Thank you Margaret Meloni.

Hilary Hiew

27 July 2020

By Nusayer A

Sep 19, 2020

The topics of the whole course were very interesting & comfortable for me to understand. I will use the strategies in my life for personal development according to the way described in the course. Thank you very much Margaret Meloni Madam, Coursera & all others to help me complete the course. I recommend everyone to take the course.

By legna h

Aug 25, 2016

I found it helpful overall. It gave me practical tips to use on my work life, and changed some misconceptions I had about things like multitasking and work/life balance. It also teach me with base the importance of having a work plan and measure the activities I do usually and where could I be spending more time than necessary.

By Ali H

Look Time is most important thing we got in this world, and if we invest it in true manner it, we'll be paid back more than we imagined ever, so this course is all about how we should invest our time in most efficient manner, as we are not going to get that minute again(which we lost in unproductive work).

By Glenda J T

Apr 30, 2020

This courseware is very helpful.It offers lots of tips and adequate scenarios that everybody in a workforce can relate. It also provides the work plan and graphs that illustrate the samples mentioned in the lecture. I am so happy that I took this course. I will surely apply what I've learned here.

By Andrew A B I

May 29, 2016

Very good course. It was extremely easy for me as I have near-OCD tendencies and am a retired Army veteran. Time management has been one of my biggest practices in the last couple of decades of my life. Everything I've already known to be true was taught in this course. Great blocks of instruction!

By Jose C L M

Jul 07, 2020

This course really gives out very helpful information and tips that can be used all the time and can help to boost work productivity. I'm a student; I have never had an office job yet. However, I see this course as a powerful tool to help me organizing and increase my productivity in college work.

By Maria G A

Jun 27, 2018

Very good course. It has plenty of applications not only on the professional side of life but also on the personal side. It makes you think and go through things we usually take for granted and it actually does help improve the way we work on a daily basis. I'd recommend this course to everybody.

By Danesh F S

Aug 01, 2020

This course if perfect for everyone. It does not require any pre-requisite knowledge and the professor starts the program from scratch and brushes upon several topics and ideas to work smarter and have better time management. A good course for learning to streamline your day and plan in advance.

By Arthi V

Aug 31, 2015

This course is very helpful for me to live an organized life.I understood how I was wasting a lot of time and this course is helping me to do more and more towards my professional and personal development and let me plan things smarter and made me avoid unnecessary stress or tension.Thank You!

By Narain T

Aug 04, 2020

This mini course hit right on the nail without revolving around. Most of the content is based on common sense of doing work. As it is to simple we tend to apply some complicated mind formulas to get the work done. But this course reminds us how keeping things simple can work like a miracle.

By Bingshuai N

Aug 15, 2015

The course is short but contains a lot of things. It helps me to track my time and review what has been done in a day, week, month and year. By studying these statistics I could re-arrange my time of doing things, prioritizing myself and discipline myself. Thanks a lot for this course.

By Liz J

Jul 03, 2020

Good course for young professionals who need to manage their work load and time for the first time in an office setting. Information taught in this course includes the basics of being self-directed, talking about time management with your direct supervisor, and increasing efficiency.

By Lam T

Jul 16, 2020

The information was presented very succinctly and accessible to the viewer. Examples were clear and illustrate the concept very well. I particularly enjoyed the fact that strategies for working smarter were given, rather than just speaking to unproductive habits we all engage in.

By Sergey K

Apr 05, 2020

A great course to refresh or learn the basics of time management, productivity and project management. Although, I'm a certified PM it was a breath of fresh air. The course helped me to review the fundamentals of productivity with hands on tools to implement in daily routine.

By Christiane S

Aug 19, 2015

Easy to absorb, the audio examples given in video are good for those who do not understand the basic concepts/terms explained in notes alone. I feel this was a helpful short course, that is both efficient and well organised. Really teaches you to work smarter, not harder ;)

By Francisco J V C

Sep 07, 2016

Es muy bueno, enseña realmente como gestionar mejor el tiempo.

Decididamente puedes o no trabajar inteligentemente siguiendo las normativas o consejos del curso.

La instructora es descaradamente muy buena en lo que enseña y da una pauta muy profesional y al alcance de todos.

By Vinod S J

Aug 29, 2020

It is a very good course for working professionals as in daily working condition it helps in doing multiple task in given time & also it is very helpful in time management. By completing this course one can improve his/her efficiency & also give time to his personal life.

By Abhishek C

Sep 03, 2020

The course is beneficial and easy to implement. We need to focus on a few minor details and need to focus on accomplishing one step at a time.

We also need to give ourself, an adequate amount of time to reach our goals.

Thanks a lot, ma'am for this beautiful course.

By Sabrina S

Aug 03, 2020

Friendly approach and easy explanations! Although some may find it simple, this course goes directly into the main objective of being productive and work smart: making the best use of your time whether professional or personal! I recommend it for sure!

By DIVYESH B

Jul 31, 2020

i personally had lot of time wasted trying to find the right techniques that suited me and that suited my work schedule, but this course has provided good techniques and approaches to handle that. I m so grateful to the instructor who made it all easy.