Back to Algebra: Elementary to Advanced - Equations & Inequalities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algebra: Elementary to Advanced - Equations & Inequalities by Johns Hopkins University

This course is intended for students looking to create a solid algebraic foundation of fundamental mathematical concepts from which to take more advanced courses that use concepts from precalculus, calculus, probability, and statistics. This course will help solidify your computational methods, review algebraic formulas and properties, and apply these concepts model real world situations. This course is for any student who will use algebraic skills in future mathematics courses. Topics include: the real numbers, equalities, inequalities, polynomials, rational expressions and equations, graphs, relations and functions, radicals and exponents, and quadratic equations....

SH

Dec 2, 2021

The class was challenging and the assignments were rigorous training. I like the word problems and how fractions are used as a more complex way of learning and doing the math.

A

Apr 26, 2022

One of the best math course i've taken so far. Explanations are simple and easy to comprehend, there are ample questions given to practice as well.

1 - 25 of 59 Reviews for Algebra: Elementary to Advanced - Equations & Inequalities

By Daniel T C

Jul 25, 2021

I rate this course as an excellent introduction to college algebra. I had originally enrolled in the Precalculus sequence and my math skills were too rusty to sustain that effort. This course has helped fill in those gaps in a measured and helpful way. I plan to continue on to the future courses and look forward to doing so. My thanks to Dr. Cutrone and all those involved in this effort.

By Leoš M

Jan 5, 2022

What an excellent course! The lector explained everything clearly and simply, taught us how to think about different problems in real life and how to describe and solve them by linear equalities and inequalities. I highly recommend this course.

By Patricia F

Nov 23, 2021

This course had a wealth of material that was very easy to navigate. The instructor included videos, notes, and examples to help master the material. All assessments had immediate and comprehensive feedback. Thank you, Dr. Cutrone!

By Nachiket D

Mar 18, 2022

P​rofessor Cutrone is fantastic! His explanations are extremely clear and his methodology is easy to remember and apply (he uses a good amount of humor and memory devices/triggers to help students in this regard). I am an experienced engineer preparing for graduate school in physics, and I was interested in exploring the roots of mathematics in depth as preparation for the GRE and grad school in general. I have thoroughly enjoyed this process so far, and I look forward to many more courses with Professor Cutrone! On to the next one!

By Mohamed H

Mar 31, 2022

Great content that is both concise and adequate. The instructor is engaging and explains all the key aspects of each topic he discusses in a great manner. Finally, I loved a lot the quizzes and all of the curated questions to firm the newly gained knowledge. I'm Looking forward to taking all of the remaining courses in this specialization!

By Jansenio A

Jun 7, 2022

This is an excellent refresher course. Dr Joseph Cutrone's teaching style is outstanding. At some point it resembles one-to-ne tutoring, but at your own pace. Needless to say, you have to apply yourself. I would highly recommend.

By Steven H

Dec 3, 2021

T​he class was challenging and the assignments were rigorous training. I like the word problems and how fractions are used as a more complex way of learning and doing the math.

Feb 7, 2022

This course was incredibly taught. I did well at math in high school but I don't think I ever had the level of understanding that I gained from taking this course. Thank you!

By Aniket

Apr 27, 2022

By Panatchai B

Sep 7, 2021

Highly recomand this course to everyone who wants to learn or re-learn Algebra. Very good and concise brush-up tool for my old brain.

By Vikas K

Aug 6, 2022

Way of teaching with exmaples and covering 360 degree views and the practice questions made my learning easy.

By Joel D H

Sep 1, 2021

Excellent explanations with challenging sample problems. Well worth the time invested! Thank you.

By Kevin C

Dec 30, 2021

I really enjoyed the course. The instructor was very personable and lectures were easy to follow.

By SHELLEY S

Mar 3, 2022

T​he instructor is fantastic, presenting the information clearly and at a very good pace for me.

By Russell L M

Aug 20, 2021

T​his professor explains the material very well. I look forward to taking his other courses.

By Rusty R

Jul 14, 2021

The quizzes and final exam were well done. They really cemented the learning objectives.

By Henri M

Jan 7, 2022

The lecturer gave very clear explanations, this made it easy to follow the material.

By Robert W

Sep 5, 2021

Excellent course. Instructor provided a very through review with clear examples.

By Willy K

Jul 6, 2022

Excellent practices -- Challenging our conceptual understanding! Thank you .

By JERIC C D

Jul 13, 2022

A profound way of learning and re-learning algebra from basics to advanced.

By Johannes K

Dec 14, 2021

Excellent course, well explained and just the right amount of challenge!

By Brandon L

Jul 7, 2021

Awesome explanations. This will help me definitely in the long run

By Matt B

Feb 25, 2022

It's fast but a great refresher and the Instructor is excellent.

By Lolita G R

Dec 10, 2021

Great way to refresh myself from all the topics. Thanks a lot.

By Vikramaditya G

Mar 24, 2022

G​reat Course! If you want to take it, go do it. RIGHT NOW!!!