Back to Algebra: Elementary to Advanced - Equations & Inequalities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algebra: Elementary to Advanced - Equations & Inequalities by Johns Hopkins University

This course is intended for students looking to create a solid algebraic foundation of fundamental mathematical concepts from which to take more advanced courses that use concepts from precalculus, calculus, probability, and statistics. This course will help solidify your computational methods, review algebraic formulas and properties, and apply these concepts model real world situations. This course is for any student who will use algebraic skills in future mathematics courses. Topics include: the real numbers, equalities, inequalities, polynomials, rational expressions and equations, graphs, relations and functions, radicals and exponents, and quadratic equations....

RM
Aug 19, 2021

This professor explains the material very well. I look forward to taking his other courses.

RR
Jul 13, 2021

The quizzes and final exam were well done. They really cemented the learning objectives.

1 - 20 of 20 Reviews for Algebra: Elementary to Advanced - Equations & Inequalities

By Daniel T C

Jul 25, 2021

I rate this course as an excellent introduction to college algebra. I had originally enrolled in the Precalculus sequence and my math skills were too rusty to sustain that effort. This course has helped fill in those gaps in a measured and helpful way. I plan to continue on to the future courses and look forward to doing so. My thanks to Dr. Cutrone and all those involved in this effort.

By Patricia F

Nov 23, 2021

This course had a wealth of material that was very easy to navigate. The instructor included videos, notes, and examples to help master the material. All assessments had immediate and comprehensive feedback. Thank you, Dr. Cutrone!

By Panatchai B

Sep 7, 2021

Highly recomand this course to everyone who wants to learn or re-learn Algebra. Very good and concise brush-up tool for my old brain.

By Russell L M

Aug 20, 2021

T​his professor explains the material very well. I look forward to taking his other courses.

By Rusty R

Jul 14, 2021

By Robert W

Sep 5, 2021

Excellent course. Instructor provided a very through review with clear examples.

By Brandon L

Jul 7, 2021

Awesome explanations. This will help me definitely in the long run

By Lolita G R

Nov 24, 2021

Great way to refresh myself from all the topics. Thanks a lot.

By Reyno A

Nov 17, 2021

It is very helpful for a new teacher like me.

By Steven M

Oct 2, 2021

Joseph W. Cutrone is a great explainer.

By Kindah A

Nov 3, 2021

Excellent.

By Steve B

Nov 12, 2021

I had to drop a Calc class because it had been so long since I took Algebra. This course helped me refresh those skills where I feel much more confident moving forward.

By Joseph L W T

Sep 24, 2021

Easy to understand, would have been 5 star if only there were more sample questions to practice on.

By Taofiqur R J

Jul 26, 2021

kkgetoptionalnhvjg​

By Jody-Lynn R

Nov 18, 2021

First off in a recent quiz given. I gave a correct answer and in the query that was posted, it stated that I couldn't put in anything other than the numerical answer. They wanted no signs of any kind, just the numerical answer. I had the correct answer. They told me I didn't because I didn't have the P and approximate sign with the numerical answer. Your course displayed the answer would be correct if I included the very items with the correct numerical answer, which is the one I gave. Yet, you marked incorrect because I followed your instructions and didn't place anything other than the numerical answer in the box.

Your professor speaks way too fast. That is not constructive.

I need to take another course with some review of the same material to feel more comfortable with it. I think for me at nearly age sixty and twenty years being out of college, this course was healthy for me to take. I did like the professor. I did he was too fast. I was not boring at all. That I liked.

By Nassima W

Jul 21, 2021

This course lacks some useful details and common thread. Anecdotes aren't details, they are just anecdotes.

Overall, it was good, and I signed up for another math course from Coursera.