Back to Algebra: Elementary to Advanced - Equations & Inequalities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algebra: Elementary to Advanced - Equations & Inequalities by Johns Hopkins University

This course is intended for students looking to create a solid algebraic foundation of fundamental mathematical concepts from which to take more advanced courses that use concepts from precalculus, calculus, probability, and statistics. This course will help solidify your computational methods, review algebraic formulas and properties, and apply these concepts model real world situations. This course is for any student who will use algebraic skills in future mathematics courses. Topics include: the real numbers, equalities, inequalities, polynomials, rational expressions and equations, graphs, relations and functions, radicals and exponents, and quadratic equations....

SH
Dec 2, 2021

The class was challenging and the assignments were rigorous training. I like the word problems and how fractions are used as a more complex way of learning and doing the math.

KC
Dec 30, 2021

I really enjoyed the course. The instructor was very personable and lectures were easy to follow.

1 - 25 of 29 Reviews for Algebra: Elementary to Advanced - Equations & Inequalities

By Daniel T C

Jul 25, 2021

I rate this course as an excellent introduction to college algebra. I had originally enrolled in the Precalculus sequence and my math skills were too rusty to sustain that effort. This course has helped fill in those gaps in a measured and helpful way. I plan to continue on to the future courses and look forward to doing so. My thanks to Dr. Cutrone and all those involved in this effort.

By Leoš M

Jan 5, 2022

What an excellent course! The lector explained everything clearly and simply, taught us how to think about different problems in real life and how to describe and solve them by linear equalities and inequalities. I highly recommend this course.

By Patricia F

Nov 23, 2021

This course had a wealth of material that was very easy to navigate. The instructor included videos, notes, and examples to help master the material. All assessments had immediate and comprehensive feedback. Thank you, Dr. Cutrone!

By Steven H

Dec 3, 2021

T​he class was challenging and the assignments were rigorous training. I like the word problems and how fractions are used as a more complex way of learning and doing the math.

By Panatchai B

Sep 7, 2021

Highly recomand this course to everyone who wants to learn or re-learn Algebra. Very good and concise brush-up tool for my old brain.

By Joel D H

Sep 1, 2021

Excellent explanations with challenging sample problems. Well worth the time invested! Thank you.

By Kevin C

Dec 30, 2021

By Russell L M

Aug 20, 2021

T​his professor explains the material very well. I look forward to taking his other courses.

By Rusty R

Jul 14, 2021

The quizzes and final exam were well done. They really cemented the learning objectives.

By Henri M

Jan 7, 2022

The lecturer gave very clear explanations, this made it easy to follow the material.

By Robert W

Sep 5, 2021

Excellent course. Instructor provided a very through review with clear examples.

By Johannes K

Dec 14, 2021

Excellent course, well explained and just the right amount of challenge!

By Brandon L

Jul 7, 2021

Awesome explanations. This will help me definitely in the long run

By Lolita G R

Dec 10, 2021

Great way to refresh myself from all the topics. Thanks a lot.

By Pradip B

Jan 26, 2022

Awesome course. A ton of information with relatable examples.

By Reyno A

Nov 17, 2021

It is very helpful for a new teacher like me.

By Steven M

Oct 2, 2021

Joseph W. Cutrone is a great explainer.

By Mark M

Nov 3, 2021

Excellent.

By Steve B

Nov 12, 2021

I had to drop a Calc class because it had been so long since I took Algebra. This course helped me refresh those skills where I feel much more confident moving forward.

By Hera C

Jan 9, 2022

Some of the lectures are slightly too long. I think this course would be more of a refresher than an in-detail course.