Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR

Apr 28, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

1 - 25 of 825 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Lorena C

May 13, 2019

I am sadly dissapointed about the fact that Circus Captivity is listed among types of accepted types of practises. I can understand that in some few cases, captivity in zoos with research purposes may be somehow accepted but I don´t agree at all with captivity with recreational purposes.

Thank you!

By Antonïa A

Jul 23, 2017

Me encantó el curso y su enfoque bien actualizado. Sin embargo el uso de plataformas interactivas extras para el curso no me funcionaron en ninguna de las semanas del mismo. Pero a pesar de eso, y sabiendo de los temas a tratar en el curso, estoy muy satisfecha en cuanto a la enseñanza de esta área de la ciencia animal que viene aumentando su importancia a lo largo de todo el mundo en los últimos años. En mi rubro este certificado será de mucha utilidad y ojala sea una forma de vincular mi carrera en estudios futuros en una excelente institución como lo es la respetable Universidad de Edimburgo. Muchas Gracias

By Rumman H T

Aug 23, 2019

I am a Veterinary student of HSTU in Bangladesh(Asia). It was an awesome journey to all with my new teachers! I am glad to get them. That was my first course in Coursera, As I have not enough money to purchase this course, I really thank the authority to make this valuable course for free. It really helps to the persons who are financially poor enough to buy this. I have learned a lot that can't be described in a few sentences. Hope I'll able to apply it in my practical life as well as in any needs. Best wishes to all of my respective teachers. I wish if I were work with you in the future!

By Sreekesh S K

Sep 12, 2019

A Really great course which is interesting, informative and well executed. The video lectures were top notch and the visuals always suited the narration. Great work by the team behind this course.

By Belkheir S

Feb 23, 2019

great course thanks

By DakotaLynn B

Jan 15, 2018

The material was not as engaging as I would have liked. It would have been better if there were graphs in slide form that I could easily drag and drop to save alongside my notes in Word. The quizzes didn't always tell you why your answer was wrong/which answer was correct. There was one speaker, who thankfully only appeared in one video with a heavy Scottish (I believe) accent that I was completely unable to understand. I did learn a few things about how animals are housed and treated in the farming industry, something which I'm fairly knowledgeable about already, such as the exact measurements of the confines across the globe and which countries produce the most product, but I otherwise already knew all of the information. Some videos, especially at the beginning of the course were extremely repetitive, and therefore I lost interest and became frustrated very early on with this course, which has impacted my overall rating and view of the course. If I had felt engaged during these videos, it wouldn't have mattered that I didn't learn a lot of new information, because it still would have held my interest. I'm glad I stuck with it and finished the course.

By Victoria R

Dec 19, 2019

This course is amazing !! You will learn the "foundations" of animal welfare and behavior which is very important to know (for everybody, not just the ones who want to work with animals!! It's a matter of humanity...)

Teachers are very enthusiasts, very motivating and available for you when you need it, it's great.

It is a "high quality training "!

In addition, you can go to forums where you can speak with very interesting people and all the topics are fascinating and very very helpful.

I really want to thank all the teachers for their time and their devotion. This formation is great.

I would like to thank too for the forums, all the students of this formation and the teachers have turn forums into real additional courses that can provide you very helpful and interesting information.

I recommend!

Best,

Victoria

By Daniel S T R

Jan 06, 2019

Great Course, I enjoy it.

By Katia A

Feb 21, 2019

Excellent course!

By Nek P

Jun 18, 2020

Data trumps all.

Whether its understanding behavioural aspects or welfare needs of animals- right from our pets, to livestock, to wild animals, and the ones used in the entertainment or trade industries, it all stems from picking up on things that scientists, zoologists, veterinarians, animals behaviourists and handlers have spent years, if not decades, studying and documenting.

As I near the completion of my first year of legal studies, this MOOC gave me a deep insight into the different research methodologies that have been utilised to better understand animals and influence legislation world over.

Knowing that NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad has started India's first Centre for Animal Law, that will create curriculum on animal welfare laws and issues in our country, leaves me hopeful for the future.

To all those who have an affinity for animals, I could not suggest a better MOOC than this. To those who have pets, this course may be the eye-opener you never knew you needed.

By Alannah M

Oct 05, 2019

Loved this couse! So informative and relevant, would 100% recommend! I'll definitely be able to apply my new knowledge in my day-to-day life which is exactly what I wanted. Brilliant professors, clear information, accessible deadlines, I am delighted with the entire MOOC!

By Hanan Z A

Mar 26, 2019

More than amazing ..

The lecturers are excellent, they explain in a wonderful and uncomplicated way, the videos have provided useful information about the course in an easy way, as if you were really with them at the locations.

I highly recommend it.

By Beatrice A

Oct 23, 2018

I have learned so much about animal welfare issues that I'm better able to articulate my own thoughts and perspectives on it. I've also used what I've learned to create a philosophical framework for my pet sitting business.

By Ashley S

By Prajakta R

Apr 28, 2020

By Varshini S A

Jul 23, 2020

Thank all for the great opportunity to learn about Animal Behaviour and welfare. This course helped me to understand many unknown facts about animal welfare and how to work for welfare of animals.

By shirel

Dec 27, 2018

Extremely beneficial to anybody who wants to have their questions about animal welfare answered! I have learned so much and wish to use this knowledge to improve the welfare of animals.

By Kaylee E P

Mar 02, 2019

I've learned a lot from this course. I strongly recommend anyone interested in animal welfare and behaviour spend some time taking this course!

By clare c

Mar 14, 2019

Very informative and well written course that is engaging and straightforward to follow. Can highly recommend to anyone with an inter

By Bal K P

Feb 07, 2019

I learned a lot about animal behaviour and welfare. I am sure it will be a great part in my veterinary career

By Boer X

Jan 18, 2019

Really helped a lot to expand my knowledge and I can fix some of the mistakes I made to be a better pet owner

By Usha V G B

Feb 12, 2019

I learned a lot of great information. Well done to my teachers, and thankyou!!!! Usha Valerie Grace Bailey

By Kimberley G

Mar 12, 2019

Well designed, insightful, comprehensive. A great introduction into animal behaviour!

By Mark K

Sep 01, 2018

extremely informative and helpful, very straightforward to understand

By erika l

Jan 29, 2019

Desde el punto de vista de lo que el animal requiere!!!...