Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

PR

Apr 28, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

SK

Sep 12, 2019

A Really great course which is interesting, informative and well executed. The video lectures were top notch and the visuals always suited the narration. Great work by the team behind this course.

1 - 25 of 560 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Lorena C

May 13, 2019

I am sadly dissapointed about the fact that Circus Captivity is listed among types of accepted types of practises. I can understand that in some few cases, captivity in zoos with research purposes may be somehow accepted but I don´t agree at all with captivity with recreational purposes.

Thank you!

By Belkheir S

Feb 23, 2019

great course thanks

By Antonïa A

Jul 23, 2017

Me encantó el curso y su enfoque bien actualizado. Sin embargo el uso de plataformas interactivas extras para el curso no me funcionaron en ninguna de las semanas del mismo. Pero a pesar de eso, y sabiendo de los temas a tratar en el curso, estoy muy satisfecha en cuanto a la enseñanza de esta área de la ciencia animal que viene aumentando su importancia a lo largo de todo el mundo en los últimos años. En mi rubro este certificado será de mucha utilidad y ojala sea una forma de vincular mi carrera en estudios futuros en una excelente institución como lo es la respetable Universidad de Edimburgo. Muchas Gracias

By Alannah M

Oct 05, 2019

Loved this couse! So informative and relevant, would 100% recommend! I'll definitely be able to apply my new knowledge in my day-to-day life which is exactly what I wanted. Brilliant professors, clear information, accessible deadlines, I am delighted with the entire MOOC!

By Hanan Z A

Mar 26, 2019

More than amazing ..

The lecturers are excellent, they explain in a wonderful and uncomplicated way, the videos have provided useful information about the course in an easy way, as if you were really with them at the locations.

I highly recommend it.

By Beatrice A

Oct 23, 2018

I have learned so much about animal welfare issues that I'm better able to articulate my own thoughts and perspectives on it. I've also used what I've learned to create a philosophical framework for my pet sitting business.

By Sreekesh S K

Sep 12, 2019

By shirel

Dec 27, 2018

Extremely beneficial to anybody who wants to have their questions about animal welfare answered! I have learned so much and wish to use this knowledge to improve the welfare of animals.

By Kaylee E P

Mar 02, 2019

I've learned a lot from this course. I strongly recommend anyone interested in animal welfare and behaviour spend some time taking this course!

By clare c

Mar 14, 2019

Very informative and well written course that is engaging and straightforward to follow. Can highly recommend to anyone with an inter

By Bal K P

Feb 07, 2019

I learned a lot about animal behaviour and welfare. I am sure it will be a great part in my veterinary career

By Boer X

Jan 18, 2019

Really helped a lot to expand my knowledge and I can fix some of the mistakes I made to be a better pet owner

By Usha V G B

Feb 12, 2019

I learned a lot of great information. Well done to my teachers, and thankyou!!!! Usha Valerie Grace Bailey

By Kimberley G

Mar 12, 2019

Well designed, insightful, comprehensive. A great introduction into animal behaviour!

By Mark K

Sep 01, 2018

extremely informative and helpful, very straightforward to understand

By erika l

Jan 29, 2019

Desde el punto de vista de lo que el animal requiere!!!...

By Hui-Yu W

Oct 20, 2018

Very informative and comprehensive

By David

Apr 10, 2019

well labeled and taught course

By Daniel S T R

Jan 06, 2019

Great Course, I enjoy it.

By Katia A

Feb 21, 2019

Excellent course!

By Na Y K

Jul 10, 2018

Fantastic

By DakotaLynn B

Jan 15, 2018

The material was not as engaging as I would have liked. It would have been better if there were graphs in slide form that I could easily drag and drop to save alongside my notes in Word. The quizzes didn't always tell you why your answer was wrong/which answer was correct. There was one speaker, who thankfully only appeared in one video with a heavy Scottish (I believe) accent that I was completely unable to understand. I did learn a few things about how animals are housed and treated in the farming industry, something which I'm fairly knowledgeable about already, such as the exact measurements of the confines across the globe and which countries produce the most product, but I otherwise already knew all of the information. Some videos, especially at the beginning of the course were extremely repetitive, and therefore I lost interest and became frustrated very early on with this course, which has impacted my overall rating and view of the course. If I had felt engaged during these videos, it wouldn't have mattered that I didn't learn a lot of new information, because it still would have held my interest. I'm glad I stuck with it and finished the course.

By Victoria R

Dec 19, 2019

This course is amazing !! You will learn the "foundations" of animal welfare and behavior which is very important to know (for everybody, not just the ones who want to work with animals!! It's a matter of humanity...)

Teachers are very enthusiasts, very motivating and available for you when you need it, it's great.

It is a "high quality training "!

In addition, you can go to forums where you can speak with very interesting people and all the topics are fascinating and very very helpful.

I really want to thank all the teachers for their time and their devotion. This formation is great.

I would like to thank too for the forums, all the students of this formation and the teachers have turn forums into real additional courses that can provide you very helpful and interesting information.

I recommend!

Best,

Victoria

By Kathy L

Oct 30, 2017

This course gave me a lot of things to think about. For example, the stereotypies exhibited by animals that have had negative experiences reminded me of how some people with autism display stereotypies in their response to sensory stimulation (either hyporeactivity or hyper-reactivity). That might be an interesting thing to explore neurologically, but I know very little about neurology, so hopefully a specialist somewhere will make the connection. Also, I have eleven indoor cats that I believe are in need of more interaction from me and mental stimulation in their environment. I need to work on this. They are all safe from the crazy drivers where I live, but I want them to have fulfilling lives. I guess that's my conundrum: How do my husband and I work and keep my cats happy at the same time?

By Katie S

Mar 17, 2020

I went into this course thinking it would confirm my beliefs that we shouldn't eat animals. However, I have come to learn that it's not just about the ethics - we're called to look at things from an objective view as well when considering how animal feel, think, react, or why they behave the way they do. It definitely opened my eyes to logical ways of observing and providing for animals that are being raised for foods. I still don't eat meat, but I am more at ease knowing that there are measures put in place for animal welfare based on research and data that suggests animals had a say in how they are housed / treated. I also don't feel as "emotional" or subjectively angry about these things. I'm just glad we've made progress and we're continuing to make progress!