Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS
Jun 21, 2020

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR
Apr 27, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

101 - 125 of 889 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Yamid G B G

Aug 2, 2020

Me gustó mucho la temática abordada en cada semana. Quizá me encantaría que completamente todos los videos estén subtitulados al español, así como también que haya videos complementarios que fortalezcan aún la teoría mirada en clase.

De verdad es muy genial el curso, aprendí muchísimo.

By federica t

Jul 13, 2019

Great course! Corso che apre la mente su problematiche a tutti molto vicine, anche se pensiamo che non ci riguardino. Qui viene descritto molto bene e imparzialmente come avviene l'allevamento, facendo riflettere su quello che si considera solo cibo, in realtà è molto di più, è vita.

By VIsnja J

Jun 8, 2020

Amazing course, I completed it in 3 days, couldn't take my eyes of it. These amazing women I got to listen and see during course, are my motivation, that maybe, one day I will have the opportunity to do something and maybe, change the world, like they do. Thank you for everything.

By Léa L

Thank you so much for this course even though I still have to watch others lectures (by the way I cannot open some PDF lectures and I have one of the last version of Adobe Reader on my computer, do you know why ?) Have a very good day and I hope to see you soon :)

Miss Léa LEROY.

By Ishel B

Mar 27, 2017

Wonderful class, gives a lot of information and points of views on how to improve animal welfare. Lessons were relevant, direct and easy to understand, a real asset to anyone in the animal welfare community or people working in animal agriculture. Great and sensitive instructors.

By Ned T

Nov 13, 2015

My major is not about agriculture, but I love this field very much. That is the reason why I spent my time with this course on Coursera. This on-demand course is very convenient for anyone who want to know more about animal agriculture. I strongly like and recommend this course.

By Adrija R

I believe and advocate for animal welfare at all times. This course with the videos, readings and quizzes broadened my horizon on animal welfare & behaviour. After having learnt from the course I now feel more confident and aware for my stance and advocacy for what I stand for.

By Marlena L

Jul 4, 2019

I think this is a wonderful course for veterinary students or others who simply want to learn more about animal welfare. As a veterinary student, I don't feel like I've learnt enough about animal welfare as part of my curriculum, so I was really happy to have found this course.

By Maria M

Mar 22, 2017

I found this course very interessting. It gives you a lot of information about animal welfare in different areas such as pets, farm animals, zoo animals and laboratory animals. It was easy to follow as the lessons were very clear and full of scientific data and real examples.

By Cristóbal G

Sep 23, 2020

Gran curso, aproxima los temas de manera objetiva y respetuosa, haciendo reflexionar y me otorgo conocimientos para ver a los animales desde una perspectiva más completa. Me agradó mucho que sean puras profesoras, todas demuestran un dominio en sus conocimientos que inspira.

By Emily B

Mar 5, 2020

I found this course to be very stimulating and interesting, it was well executed with lots of information in the videos and additional reading material. This course has been structured very well and the lecturers were very informative and made this topic easy to understand.

By Suhaib S K

Jun 3, 2020

Its my first online course and i should say that this one is very good,helping,motivating.its provided me with understandable lecture and view point on welfare of animal around the world in different situation .And i thank the whole team behind this course to make it good

By David S R P

May 10, 2017

If you have some concerns about animals around you and welfare issues related to them this course its a such a great place to begin your pursuit of knowlegde. Every lesson its straightforward and amusing and you gonna meet great lecturers in every lesson. Highly recommend

By Michelle E

Sep 29, 2020

I loved every part of this course, I have learn't so much on this course and learn't things i knew even knew about. This course really got to hooked and focused to complete this course. From information to quiz was very informative and very easy to follow and understand.

By Joselito S K

Jun 21, 2020

The course is very much up to date with current situations in regards animal welfare worldwide. I fine it very informative and educational. I am able to understand my own dogs behavior and exercise more patience and hope to become better more. Thank you very much .

By Jessica G

Nov 2, 2020

I loved every minute of this course. It was very informative and I learned a lot of new things about animal behaviour and welfare that I did not get to learn about in college.

Fantastic! I would definable recommend this course to anyone who is interested in the topic.

By Taryn C

Sep 3, 2020

Amazing course for me. I have been debating whether or not I want to go back to school to work with animals. I decided to take this course as an introduction and it has been a great course. I learned a lot about the subject and really enjoyed the videos and readings.

By Amy-Rose C

May 7, 2020

Really enjoyed this course! Gave me a thorough yet simple understanding on animal welfare. I've learnt the basics through this course and its perfect for anyone starting out their animal career. I enjoyed being able to separate my emotions to the facts and research.

By Heidy J V B

Jan 18, 2021

Espectacular. Este curso lo hizo mi hija de 14 años que es unschooler y ella misma dirige su aprendizaje. Su sueño es ser veterinaria. Le interesa todo curso que tenga que ver con animales, sus cuidados e interacción en la sociedad. Fue una experiencia muy buena.

By Jennifer S

Apr 24, 2020

I very much enjoyed this course. I feel it provided just enough information to get a high over view of the animal welfare issues across farming and captivity. They provide extra reading material for those who want to dig deeper into a specific subject or topic.

By Susanne F

Jun 7, 2020

GREAT course !!! Brilliant teachers, excellent learning material and the fabulous mission to improve animal welfare worldwide by MOOC education. ABSOLUTELY RECOMMENDABLE :)

A HUGE THANK YOU to the UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH AND COURSERA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Andrea W

Apr 16, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. The instructors were clear and provided informative and practical lectures that were stimulating and thought provoking. I enjoyed the manageable video lengths and the supplementary readings were very helpful and easy to follow.

By Vannia S P

Sep 20, 2020

It is a very interesting and interactive course that provides extensive knowledge about animal welfare in different areas. The lessons and videos are very dynamic! Great professionals, thank you for sharing such an incredible and important knowledge with us.

By Supavitra B

Apr 21, 2020

This quenched my thirst for the subject to a large extent as it has increased my hunger to study more & I so wish to now visit Edinburgh & Scotland. Many thanks to the faculty & all the experts who contributed. Also a thanks to Coursera! Babul, Mumbai, India

By Anup K

Apr 13, 2020

It is really exciting to go through this course, It has exposed me several aspect of animal welfare like pets,production and captive wild animals , Now I can say I have better understanding on animal wefare and how behaviour reflect animals feelings. Thanks